Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    How stupid are these kids? Not trusting Farouk with this is the only smart thing they said in that entire preview.
    They didn't say that they don't trust him; they said that they don't want to put him in a difficult position.
    My flag is bacon.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

While I was never that stupid as a teenager... making bad decisions, I get it. But how do you not go to an adult with the murder of one of your peers? As the eldest and the one with the most experience I'm very disappointed in Anole's characterisation here. As for Cosmar...I was sympathetic before but now I fucking hate her. Just because your reconstructive resurrection was denied doesn't mean that all adults are untrustworthy...her teen logic is absurd and again... Anole should know better than to go along with this assery.
    Plus... shouldn't Xavier/Cerebro discover Gabby's death during one of their regularly scheduled back-up sessions?
    This arc needs to end... I can't with these kids anymore. Sorry to say but Vita has ruined them for me with this story.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I'd love to see these kids try to explain this to Gabby's "family".
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    That discussion might be the dumbest thing I've seen in a long while. "The adults won't help!" is a fine point, but someone was literally murdered. The sister of the current active X-men member. Its kind of important that they know! And their plan is just insane!

Oh god, what if they get there and find out Gabby HAS no backups because they never considered her a real enough mutant?
    That could actually be an interesting twist, even if it means potentially losing Gabby. Not to mention it ties well with the Maddy situation over at Hellions and the overall mystery/shadyness of the resurrection protocol priority list.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Technically Proteus. They have bodies on deck ready for him whenever his existing body is about to burn out and he doesnt go back to simply being a psychic entity
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    And those were original made the old fashioned way, meaning they should have some classic cloning facility on Krakoa too. Just currently unusued.

Either way. There is no real reason they couldn't create an empty spare body for her in between, considering the entire function of the five is only to make bodies. Everything important about the mind is actualy Cerebro.

Plus if they could make a body for Karma missing her leg, they could also make a body for Martha missing her brain and having her's put in.

Also Forge could make an android body. Or they could find a mutant who could fashion a body for her out of her own cells.

There a lot more options besides the Crucible. Then again there have always been a lot more options than the Crucible in theory, but they still seem to default to killing and making clones.
    Spares of Xavier body IIRC, only Xavier's form is strong enough to contain Proteus and even then it still burns out. I wonder how Martha's brain would work in a repurposed Xavier husk, ala Xavier switching bodies with Fantomex in AXM.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    This bugs me too. From writers perspective it must be more interesting to have a brain floating around than another blonde telepath.
    Not necessarily. They have just implied that the bigot Hellfire girl is a 6th Cuckoo. They cannot get enough of these blondes.

Does anyone else think, given that the cover has a still alive Gabby symbolically in Farouk's clutches, that Gabby's mind might still be alive and in his possession?

This might be how they get around the "no dupe resurrections", since they can just say "oh, she was never REALLY dead, we're just putting her mind back where it's supposed to go!".

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I want Simmonds to do interior art with Reis...that Farouk/Scout cover is sickening!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Guys

I'm confused here. I thought Gabby is dead so why is she still talking? Is No-girl controlling her body movements? What's No-girl's powers?

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Guys

I'm confused here. I thought Gabby is dead so why is she still talking? Is No-girl controlling her body movements? What's No-girl's powers?
    read the preview

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Guys

Yes No Girl is basically possessing her and speaking through her.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    That could actually be an interesting twist, even if it means potentially losing Gabby. Not to mention it ties well with the Maddy situation over at Hellions and the overall mystery/shadyness of the resurrection protocol priority list.
    Though at the same time, it would feel like a bit of a contradiction compared to Cable. Seems the “no dupes” rule doesn’t mean they don’t keep a backup of a person, just that they won’t use it should they die. Plus the fact that in Excalibur that the members of STRIKE were backed up despite no one being aware that they even were mutants, it seems like something that happens automatically rather than being a controlled backup.

Astonishing Member

If no-girl is in gabby body when the back up happens would her personality overwrite gabby?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Does anyone else think, given that the cover has a still alive Gabby symbolically in Farouk's clutches, that Gabby's mind might still be alive and in his possession?

This might be how they get around the "no dupe resurrections", since they can just say "oh, she was never REALLY dead, we're just putting her mind back where it's supposed to go!".
    That would be a pretty lame cop-out. Bring up the big problem of if Gabby 'counts' as a person on Krakoa only to brush it aside and avoid the topic for the near future. I suppose they could refuse and then the kids use that to bring her back. In which case Gabby should grab Laura and bolt from the island.

Its pretty creepy that No-Girl immediately decided to body hop into Gabby's corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Though at the same time, it would feel like a bit of a contradiction compared to Cable. Seems the “no dupes” rule doesn’t mean they don’t keep a backup of a person, just that they won’t use it should they die. Plus the fact that in Excalibur that the members of STRIKE were backed up despite no one being aware that they even were mutants, it seems like something that happens automatically rather than being a controlled backup.
    Yeah, I like to imagine that the backup process is largely automated, with Cerebro periodically backing up every mutant psychic signature it can detect.