Page 644 of 929 FirstFirst ... 144544594634640641642643644645646647648654694744 ... LastLast
Results 9,646 to 9,660 of 13927
    Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ManSinha View Post
    With the comic book perhaps selling in high numbers and the merchandise as well as rip offs out there - along with the social media appreciation - I do not what else DC/WB needs to get the popularity and the $$ waiting to be earned with this pairing into their "creative" decision making
    The major comic publishers are comic book creators first, and businesspeople second. The creators with their preferences, run the business, and create according to their own preferences. But it's also part of the problem as well. DC/Marvel need to make shorter story arcs, not get too binding with continuity where you need a reboot to undo something, etc. to reach to a wider audience than the committed fanbase that is part of the smaller, shrunken, audience they have had since the late 1980s/ 1990s.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Just wanted to let SM/WW fans know that I posted the final chapter of my second SM/WW story, Broken Legacy, online today. I admit it's not as big or as ambitious as Strangers In Paradise. I won't deny that the horrendous way that DC nullified this relationship with Rebirth affected my approach to this story. After that happened, I just couldn't put in the same energy. I didn't feel the desire to make this story bigger and bolder. Even so, I still tried to end it on a good note. I also made sure it had a moment that Superman/Wonder Woman fans can appreciate.

As I've said on my blog, this is going to be my last Superman/Wonder Woman story for a while. After Rebirth, I just don't have the same energy or desire to do more stories, especially on the same level as Strangers In Paradise. That could change though. It only takes one good idea to get me going on a story. Until that idea comes to me, this will be my last story of this kind for a while. Thanks to all those on this thread who supported it. I really appreciate it.
    I am glad to hear the news.

Also 4 years ago, match.com released these dating profiles for Superman and Wonder Woman, which I thought were a hoot and a half!

Ah, time flew by too quickly alas:

With This Kiss...Superman and Wonder Woman Are Finally an Item http://mashable.com/2012/08/27/super.../#mSr9DtMlP05h via @mashable

554856_10151134380908010_2019084230_n.jpg

543473_10151134381718010_1929848598_n.jpg

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Anytime! And it's easy since we get all this stuff on a daily basis. DC's loss what can I say. lol. If they don't want to give people...people find a way to celebrate. I see tons of custom stuff too when people can't get SMWW stuff which means DC losing out when they could be licensing stuff and benefiting. So short sighted.
    I wholeheartedly agree. It is baffling how they're not seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    Attachment 39348

Sorry for having a hard time with letting go of today's ACTION but what kinds of crack are Dan Jurgens and his Superdad smoking?

What "old times" is Superdad referring to? Unless I missed something, Superdad and Wonder Woman are complete strangers to one other. If he's talking about his Earth's Wonder Woman, why didn't Diana clarify instead of just being a yes woman to this poser Superman?

What kind of foolish retcon/head canon is Jurgens operating on? Jurgens's Superdad/Wonder Woman interactions in ACTION have all been nonsensical. At least Bryan Hitch made an effort in JUSTICE LEAGUE to play out the beats where Diana mourns her lover while having mixed feelings about Superdad, who to Wonder Woman is a yet to be fully trusted ally and is at best a mere facsimile of her Superman.

Such BS, DC!
    I figure it's not crack what they're smoking, but a rolled up floorcloth (and that floorcloth isn't even new).

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I've always thought that there was something going on between those two in Injustice (and I don't mean High Chancellor Superman and that universe's Wonder Woman, but the other ones).

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    JLA 9 Wonder Woman scene has become quite popular on Instagram. One of the top posts with over 6k likes and a few other reposts or original postings. https://www.instagram.com/p/BJymaxWgMHp/
    I love that scene from JLA #9.
    Diana returned the favor from JL: League of One.

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree. It is baffling how they're not seeing it.

I figure it's not crack what they're smoking, but a rolled up floorcloth (and that floorcloth isn't even new).

I've always thought that there was something going on between those two in Injustice (and I don't mean High Chancellor Superman and that universe's Wonder Woman, but the other ones).
    More or less the show is being run by the comic fans for other fans. Both DC and Marvel cater to their own designated audiences at this point. Could they go for a wider audience like they had before Crisis on Infinite Earths and the 1990s contraction in sales for the big two? They could. But the big 2 choose to go with what they are at now, although for some of them, like Spider-Man at Marvel, they have chosen with alternate universes to cater to multiple fanbases to try and get some extra $$$$.

Pretty much the one "creator" I know of left in town that does put the two together in his universe is Frank Miller, and FWIW, I finally got issue #1 and #2 of DK3. If that somehow reflects the rest of it (although I don't exactly like the art for individual character moments at the endings), it looks like I am going to just say, why not give it a try. I am trying to understand what the 4 years ago means. Does that mean 4 years since The Dark Knight Returns? Or Dark Knight Strikes Again?

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    More or less the show is being run by the comic fans for other fans. Both DC and Marvel cater to their own designated audiences at this point. Could they go for a wider audience like they had before Crisis on Infinite Earths and the 1990s contraction in sales for the big two? They could. But the big 2 choose to go with what they are at now, although for some of them, like Spider-Man at Marvel, they have chosen with alternate universes to cater to multiple fanbases to try and get some extra $$$$.

Pretty much the one "creator" I know of left in town that does put the two together in his universe is Frank Miller, and FWIW, I finally got issue #1 and #2 of DK3. If that somehow reflects the rest of it (although I don't exactly like the art for individual character moments at the endings), it looks like I am going to just say, why not give it a try. I am trying to understand what the 4 years ago means. Does that mean 4 years since The Dark Knight Returns? Or Dark Knight Strikes Again?
    Carrie meant, AFAIK, 4 years since TDKR, I am sure because since baby Jon got conceived in DK2 and looks 2 or 3 months old in 3, that 1 year has passed.

Plus, Frank Miller doesn't give a ÷%÷_ about what he puts in his canon. If they end up building the Dark Knight universe after 3, that is likely the way to see this coupling go along. AFAIK, Frank Miller said in an interview that he was intrigued in pairing the two up in his universe.
    Last edited by suemorphplus209; 09-02-2016 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Either way if it was ever an idea at one time I'm almost certain its not in the cards anymore. Her love interest will be Steve. Steve I for her first movie, probably Steve II going forward.
    Don't be so certain... as long as Zack Snyder is directing, EVERYTHING is in the cards (everything except Superman being any good).

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Just wanted to let SM/WW fans know that I posted the final chapter of my second SM/WW story, Broken Legacy, online today. I admit it's not as big or as ambitious as Strangers In Paradise. I won't deny that the horrendous way that DC nullified this relationship with Rebirth affected my approach to this story. After that happened, I just couldn't put in the same energy. I didn't feel the desire to make this story bigger and bolder. Even so, I still tried to end it on a good note. I also made sure it had a moment that Superman/Wonder Woman fans can appreciate.

As I've said on my blog, this is going to be my last Superman/Wonder Woman story for a while. After Rebirth, I just don't have the same energy or desire to do more stories, especially on the same level as Strangers In Paradise. That could change though. It only takes one good idea to get me going on a story. Until that idea comes to me, this will be my last story of this kind for a while. Thanks to all those on this thread who supported it. I really appreciate it.
    A shame it is your last but i completely understand the lack of inspiration.
    Keep up the good work tho!
    Searching for Samus Aran. Still.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Sadly her role was always going to be Wonder Woman. Gal auditioned to play WW in 2013, and was officially announced in December of the same year: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...s_now_knordyke
    The character was written that way from the beginning.
    So, it was earlier than I remember. I think this was before I registered here. (Scratches head) This means that maybe while the SM/WW book was launching they were doing tests for Gadot as Affleck's girlfriend. What I don't get is, wasn't it Warner who also wanted Supes and Wondy together in the comics? Without a TV sindicated cartoon it's hard to fight against the lasting impressions of JL/U. I think with the DCEU even darker times are ahead for our fandom.

This is of course my opinion, and I know I made some pathetic rants about it, but I think that if I saw it like this, I wonder if other people saw it too, and it influenced negatively the sales of the SM/WW book.

The #1 book sold 94,859, 2 years after the reboot, so without the benefit of the 'freshness' of the reboot.
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...3/2013-10.html

According to Comichron, it was the last time DC surpassed Marvel in any kind of sales statistics until Rebirth. (Share of Overall Dollars).
    http://blog.comichron.com/2016/08/re...marvel-in.html

So, barely 2 months after the book was launched the 1st rumours of Bat-girlfriend started to appear. Warner certainly never hid the fact that's what they were willing to do, and it only got worse the closer BvS got. Was it always the plan? To get Clark and Diana together just to end the pairing like this? I still refuse to believe it.

BANNED

Hey folks, great news!

WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth will join SUPERMAN Ride of Steel at Six Flags!

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...sso-Truth-Open

“We are thrilled to announce a new experience that will take our guests to new heights at Six Flags America,” said Rick Howarth, park president. “At 242 feet tall, WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth will be the tallest structure at Six Flags America and the first to feature the most famous heroine of all time.”

WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth will join SUPERMAN Ride of Steel, Batwing and JOKER’s Jinx in offering thrilling experiences based on the world famous DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains. The colossal tower will be visible from every location in the park and will become a new iconic symbol of thrilling fun for guests of all ages.

http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smile...ing-823718.gif
    https://smileyshack.files.wordpress....ls_100-104.gif

They are using 52 Wondy at least for the promotional video.

BANNED

I love Diana's solution here. It's the kind of common sense stuff you always think when kryptonite is involved and Clark loses about 200 IQ points.

http://cross4.deviantart.com/art/DC-...ge-4-631983694

http://cross4.deviantart.com/art/DC-...ge-5-631983871

This is so great. Reminded me of the scene when Diana was draging that monster by the tail, in SM/WW 4 or 5. Great end. But it also makes me think that if there are DC sample pages with Diana wearing Fabok's costume, it also still means that the decision to end things was taken this year.

How much potentially lost just so old minds could pander to old 40-something post-Crisis fans.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Thanks so much, dumbduck! I've had so much fun watching these panels than anything i've seen in the last two months! No lettering and still this is awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    So, barely 2 months after the book was launched the 1st rumours of Bat-girlfriend started to appear. Warner certainly never hid the fact that's what they were willing to do, and it only got worse the closer BvS got. Was it always the plan? To get Clark and Diana together just to end the pairing like this? I still refuse to believe it.
    No. It wasn't the plan. But once DC moved to Cali and creative leads started jumping ship, things changed. The conglomerate got stuck in "DCEU" mode and some changes truncated what was supposed to be a longer DC You (lol). BvS happened and the rest is history.
    Last edited by Xarek; 09-03-2016 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    How much potentially lost just so old minds could pander to old 40-something post-Crisis fans.
    I'm one of these supposed "40 somethings" and still I'm pissed! That's just an excuse that plays well for DC's PR.