Page 647 of 929 FirstFirst ... 147547597637643644645646647648649650651657697747 ... LastLast
Results 9,691 to 9,705 of 13927
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    Arthur and Mera are getting married. Something is right in this comic book world.
    At least one Power Couple is still standing.

#bringbacksupermanwonderwoman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Arthur and Mera kicking his ass because he's a "government stooge". See the preview: http://buzzcomics.net/showthread.php?t=67463
    Another reason to bring NuSuperman back.
    DC/Warner are satisfied now. They got a 'trustable' Superman.

edit: Found it. Arthur is calling him Clark. No question of his identity. Rebirth is in full swing :
    I missed this part of your post. Abnett explained that he ignore the identity of this Superman because this is an Aquaman comic and there is no space for the problems with multiple Supermen of the current Superman's series. See here:http://comicsalliance.com/abnett-wal...man-interview/

So basically this is just Abnett not getting any version of Superman. Sadly, this is the norm with most DC talent. They think Superman they think dumb **** like Superman taking orders from the government via ear piece. Lord. This is exactly the stuff that Superman fans don't want, and which I don't think there's any divide on, and we all know there's a huge divide amongst Superman fandom in other aspects. He is NOT a government stooge. **** like this is what was killing the character pre-Flashpoint in the first place.

Granted its not a Superman title, but still, its irritating to see so many people working at DC thinking of Superman this way. In any case just one more writer in DC's employ that I don't want near the character.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-04-2016 at 02:46 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

I missed this part of your post. Abnett explained that he ignore the identity of this Superman because this is an Aquaman comic and there is no space for the problems with multiple Supermen of the current Superman's series. See here:http://comicsalliance.com/abnett-wal...man-interview/
    Cool, I'll take a look.

To balance the off-topicness. I know some of these have probably been posted already.

http://hellyeahsupermanandwonderwoma...n-quick-sketch

http://hellyeahsupermanandwonderwoma...exandreageneau

http://hellyeahsupermanandwonderwoma...oman-and-clark

BANNED

http://hellyeahsupermanandwonderwoma...road-bridge-in
    The quantity of cosplays and grafittis... imagine if this pairing had a TV cartoon.

http://hellyeahsupermanandwonderwoma...-by-dillon-boy
    I find this one extremely beautiful.

http://hellyeahsupermanandwonderwoma...rginie-siveton

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    So basically this is just Abnett not getting any version of Superman. Sadly, this is the norm with most DC talent. They think Superman they think dumb **** like Superman taking orders from the government via ear piece. Lord. This is exactly the stuff that Superman fans don't want, and which I don't think there's any divide on, and we all know there's a huge divide amongst Superman fandom in other aspects. He is NOT a government stooge. **** like this is what was killing the character pre-Flashpoint in the first place.

Granted its not a Superman title, but still, its irritating to see so many people working at DC thinking of Superman this way. In any case just one more writer in DC's employ that I don't want near the character.
    NuSuperman would never take orders from the government regardless of the writers because Morrison presented him in a different way from the start.

The quantity of cosplays and grafittis... imagine if this pairing had a TV cartoon.
    Or a movie.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-04-2016 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Yep.

Irony is these books they gave because of loud and organized campaigns often could never even have the equivalent sales to SMWW which they cancelled. Even the LL one shot and Clois book never did high numbers and they were as a result I believe of fans asking for them. They had to kill new 52 SM for Superdad to take the books. So given we have a good track record of selling and staying above cancellation numbers etc we just need to be more proactive and loud. lol. In fact we deserve a book. There are many books falling below 20 k and DC still keep them. SMWW never fell that low. Always did good digitally too. So I say fans should let DC know how they feel and keep voting with your wallets as well. I am 100% positive when all this hype dies down...and all the concessions they giving retailers for Rebirth DC will have to scramble for another gimmick. They will start crossovers too to try to keep sales up. There will come a time trying to suffocate the freedom of the comics for movie/tv synergy will bite DC in the behind.
    It seems that at the moment, especially for the Superman franchise, their priority is to have the "old" fans back. While I think that with other characters, they've succeeded in maintaining a balance to make old and new fans happy by adding old "missing" elements to the new continuity in order to enrich it, with Superman they've failed miserably because they've removed more than add things, creating a mess and alienating fans.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-04-2016 at 03:35 PM.

BANNED

I'm so sorry for being off-topic once more but:

ComicsAlliance: The first thing that happens in Aquaman #6 is the big confrontation with Superman. And this isn’t the Superman that Aquaman knows. It’s the pre-Flashpoint Superman who has taken up the role. In that complex a situation, how do you think about Superman and Aquaman’s relationship?

Dan Abnett: To be perfectly frank, that’s actually very difficult indeed. Because when we set out to tell the story, what we wanted was a sort of pure Superman. A Superman who was Superman and not in any way qualified by any changes in circumstance, so essentially this Superman is exactly that — he’s the classic Superman, and I just wanted to write it as cleanly as possible, so that I wasn’t avoiding the issue, but that sort of thing didn’t get in the way of the very much more direct and visceral and important argument that the two of them were having. After recognizing Superman as Superman, even though he’s not particularly familiar with this particular iteration, he’s seen enough strange things to know that when Superman turns up, Superman is Superman.
    http://comicsalliance.com/abnett-wal...man-interview/

Why do we fans, no matter our minute preferences, even waste our time discussing these things in this forum? Writers and editors have this mindset, and they are not getting away from it. The rest of the interview is also very disheartening. Superman's function in the DC comics universe is to be the punching bag, and DC/Superman editorials are just letting it happen.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20130217002556

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Please don't hate me for coming into your guys' thread to say what I'm about to say.

For starters, I don't think he's a "lapdog" or a "stooge" or anything of the sort in the scene that was presented. He very clearly says he asked to intervene and then he actually showed up be of his own volition. He specifically says he volunteered. Heck, he even actively goes against what the government was expecting him to do by having a conversation with Aquaman. He likely decided come because he's a teammate of Aquaman's and he has the power and the status to stop the fighting upon his arrival. He's also not using an ear piece. He seems to be able to hear the people all the way in Washington. If he had an ear piece provided by them then he'd likely be touching the inside of his ear and the angry government guy would be speaking to him directly because he literally has a direct line to him. This illustrates more, to me, that he's here of his own will.

Also for the record, I don't believe in Superman being arbitrarily anti-government. I'm more than okay when he goes against the government for a good reason, because I see him as an immigrant with an idealized version of America. But on the regular I see him having pretty good relations with the US government because ultimately he's just here to help.

Not many appreciate the DKR's take on his relation with the government, but that is a case of an extreme. We need not react to it with yet another extreme. What I've seen from Aquaman #6 doesn't seem to indicate that same extreme seen DKR's take. It seems like he's in control of his involvement. I even imagine Aquaman might be the one to throw the first punch.

Anyways, that's all I wanted to express.

BANNED

Well, this is not the place to discuss this, maybe open a thread with "Aquaman #6 preview" before Hellacre kicks us out of here.

http://hellyeahsupermanandwonderwoma...onder-woman-19

Up to this point, things were going so well even on Tomasi's side.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 09-04-2016 at 03:57 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm so sorry for being off-topic once more but:

http://comicsalliance.com/abnett-wal...man-interview/

Why do we fans, no matter our minute preferences, even waste our time discussing these things in this forum? Writers and editors have this mindset, and they are not getting away from it. The rest of the interview is also very disheartening. Superman's function in the DC comics universe is to be the punching bag, and DC/Superman editorials are just letting it happen.
    Now hold on, is this fair? Take a second and remember Grant Morrison's JLA back in the late 90s. Then take a second and remember what Superman was like back in the late 90s. That was the Superman who had no super-intellect and largely wanted not too much to do with Kryptonian heritage. Yet Morrison kinda just says "yeah no f%ck" and just writes his Superman. His Superman could induce sleep on himself at will, build a device to help him move the Moon, wrestle an angel, and exclaim "great Krypton" when in the heat of the moment. Hell, do you know Morrison even said he didn't really know what sort of power Electric Superman had while he was writing him?

As far as I can see Mr. Abnett is basically doing the same in his own way. If Grant Morrison is allowed to go a little light with continuity in favor of not distracting from his story, then I feel like Mr. Abnett should be allowed the same.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Now hold on, is this fair? Take a second and remember Grant Morrison's JLA back in the late 90s. Then take a second and remember what Superman was like back in the late 90s. That was the Superman who had no super-intellect and largely wanted not too much to do with Kryptonian heritage. Yet Morrison kinda just says "yeah no f%ck" and just writes his Superman. His Superman could induce sleep on himself at will, build a device to help him move the Moon, wrestle an angel, and exclaim "great Krypton" when in the heat of the moment. Hell, do you know Morrison even said he didn't really know what sort of power Electric Superman had while he was writing him?

As far as I can see Mr. Abnett is basically doing the same in his own way. If Grant Morrison is allowed to go a little light with continuity in favor of not distracting from his story, then I feel like Mr. Abnett should be allowed the same.
    I wasn't reading the comics back then, so I can't comment on this. From what I know he got a little more 'intelligent-cosmic' and a little less farmboy after death-and-return?

But I see your point. I'm just glad (kinda) it's not 52 Supes in this story.

Please open an "Aquaman #6 preview and Dan Abnett's interview" thread and take it there.

http://hellyeahsupermanandwonderwoma...iana-in-batman
    Last edited by dumbduck; 09-04-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Yeah, well I guess Azzarello appears to be reigning in a bit of the guy who popularized giving Superman a beatdown, so while Miller/Azzarello are crafting an Elseworlds sequel, maybe that might change a bit of the influence. Plus, mommy got some time to say her own things too in the issues, so far.