Page 80 of 146 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2177

Well kinda swings and roundabouts for me today. I was glad to see Burnley pull a goal back to draw at Stoke. A Stoke loss would've been better obviously but we've got 2 games in hand over them and 4 points ahead. I knew we wouldn't get anything at City today but to lose 5-0 and barely even try is awful. I get that it's the sort of game that a club like ours can expect to lose, but at least give it a go! We just let City run away with it. It hasn't done our goal difference any good either. Still, onto the next one.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    If we didn't get some public form of piss-taking at the next Newcastle United game then I'd be very surprised/disappointed.

Yeah, it was a good performance from United yesterday. I didn't fancy their chances before kick-off but they shut me up. Going from an utterly inept performance like last weekend to yesterday's is giving me a kind of supporter's whiplash though!
    Now you know how it feels to be a Liverpool fan, particularly in the 90s LOL.

Edit: As for Newcastle, agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Well kinda swings and roundabouts for me today. I was glad to see Burnley pull a goal back to draw at Stoke. A Stoke loss would've been better obviously but we've got 2 games in hand over them and 4 points ahead. I knew we wouldn't get anything at City today but to lose 5-0 and barely even try is awful. I get that it's the sort of game that a club like ours can expect to lose, but at least give it a go! We just let City run away with it. It hasn't done our goal difference any good either. Still, onto the next one.
    Yeah I thought that'd disappoint you FluffySheep. Still, as you say, on to the next one. Who do you have next BTW?

Speaking of Newcastle...They go to Goodison Park tonight. Only game on that I'm aware of in the UK, pretty much neutral on this one truth be told.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Yeah I thought that'd disappoint you FluffySheep. Still, as you say, on to the next one. Who do you have next BTW?
    At home to Chelsea. Nice and easy lol. If we can scrape a point out of that game, I think that could be enough to keep us up. Our issue is if Southampton beat Bournemouth, and then they beat us at the Liberty, we'll swap places in the table and it'll go down to the last game. However, Southampton play Man City on the last day. Swansea play Stoke.

Also, I could really do with your team battering Stoke at Anfield on Saturday please lol.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Speaking of Newcastle...They go to Goodison Park tonight. Only game on that I'm aware of in the UK, pretty much neutral on this one truth be told.
    Bit of a nothing game that. Neither side have much to play for now. They're both safe, but neither are realistically going to catch Burnley in 7th.
    Last edited by FluffySheep; 04-23-2018 at 11:28 AM.

Well what a night of football.

Liverpool scored 5 against Roma.
    Cardiff threw away a 1-0 lead at Derby and lost 3-1.
    Blackburn promoted to the Championship.
    MK Dons pretty much relegated to League Two.
    Chesterfield relegated to the Conference and out of the league for the first time in nearly 100 years.

...and Stafford Rangers beat Hednesford Town 3-2 at the Bet365 stadium to win the Staffordshire FA Senior Challenge Cup Semi final!!! Amazing stuff.

Football. Bloody hell.

BANNED

2 late goals, 1 pen

but 5 goals by the Reds

the three headed dragon of Salah, Mane, and Firmino

At home to Chelsea. Nice and easy lol. If we can scrape a point out of that game, I think that could be enough to keep us up. Our issue is if Southampton beat Bournemouth, and then they beat us at the Liberty, we'll swap places in the table and it'll go down to the last game. However, Southampton play Man City on the last day. Swansea play Stoke.

Also, I could really do with your team battering Stoke at Anfield on Saturday please lol.

Bit of a nothing game that. Neither side have much to play for now. They're both safe, but neither are realistically going to catch Burnley in 7th.
    Ah, well I tell you what, I'll get the lads to thrash Stoke on Saturday if your lot at least get a point at Chelsea how's that? (seeing as how Chelsea can still theoretically catch us in the league)

As for Everton and Newcastle, yeah it was a nothing game and felt like it. Still, at least Everton won 1-0 from their point-of-view. Still, you wouldn't know that listening to the radio, my god you'd think they'd got thrashed 5-0 or something LOL.

Well what a night of football.

Liverpool scored 5 against Roma.
    Cardiff threw away a 1-0 lead at Derby and lost 3-1.
    Blackburn promoted to the Championship.
    MK Dons pretty much relegated to League Two.
    Chesterfield relegated to the Conference and out of the league for the first time in nearly 100 years.

...and Stafford Rangers beat Hednesford Town 3-2 at the Bet365 stadium to win the Staffordshire FA Senior Challenge Cup Semi final!!! Amazing stuff.

Football. Bloody hell.
    Yeah, just a shame some Roma ''fans'' had to try and murder a Liverpool fan last night. Great night of football otherwise last night. Congrats to Blackburn for bouncing straight back to the Championship automatically, now it's a case of whether they or Wigan win the League One title. Commiserations to any Chesterfield fans on these forums, 97 years in the football league, gone like that.

Congrats to Stafford as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    2 late goals, 1 pen

but 5 goals by the Reds

the three headed dragon of Salah, Mane, and Firmino
    Should've took Lovren off sooner though IMO, he was knackered. THEN took Salah off with about 10 minutes to go, once the game was safely wrapped up in terms of goal difference, to give him a rest, I like Klopp for the most part but I do think he made tactical errors towards the end of the game with regards to the substitutions last night. That's my only real concern with Liverpool at the minute is that we seem incapable of ''closing shop'' at times and try to go for the jugular for 90 minutes straight.

Still, I'd have taken 5-2 at the start of the game so I'm pleased overall and King Salah is just 4 goals away from equalling Rushie's all-time record for goals scored in a single season.

Madrid beat Bayern Munich 2-1 last night. No real surprise I guess, though one thing that caught my eye was that apparently Alonso said that Real Madrid would ''suffer'' in Munich. I'm assuming he just thought they'd get beat but I found that interesting.

Arsenal made life harder for themselves last night by failing to beat 10-man Atletico Madrid, even after taking the lead. It'll be a tough second leg for them. Marseille won 2-0 in their game so it looks like they'll be in the final unless Salsburg have one of those nights.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

There have been, or potentially could be, some rather odd managerial appointments lately.

Firstly, we have the potentially explosive reign of Joey Barton at Fleetwood Town. I've run God knows how many imaginary future scenarios about that in my head and none of them end well. Why would any football club owner even consider bringing such potential trouble to their own club?

Then we have Steven Gerrard possibly managing Rangers. It's a good opportunity for Gerrard, a far more stable individual than Barton, but a massive gamble for Rangers. Gerrard has ZERO managerial experience and he's heading to a club where the fans are going to be expecting him to break Celtic's current hegemony. Sorry, can't see that happening. Again, why take that risk?

Extraordinary Member

Barton is a complete tool.

+ Has Willie actually been banned? I've no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post

I've no idea what posessed them to hire Barton.

Not sure what happened to Willie. If he has been banned, hopefully it's just a temporary one.

In football news, it's been a friggin awful day for Swansea. Stoke got a point, Southampton won, Palace won, Brighton got a point, West Brom won and we're losing to Chelsea at the moment. Squeeky bum time now.

Disappointed with the 0-0 draw today, especially since we should've had a penalty for handball near the end but the refs don't seem keen to give us penalties at the minute. At least we didn't lose and kept a clean sheet and can still more-or-less clinch top four next week by winning our next game.

Besides Liverpool, I'd just like to congratulate Accrington Stanley on sealing the League Championship, Wycombe Wanderers for sealing automatic promotion, Montrose and Ayr United up in Scotland got promotions as Champions and commiserations to MK Dons and Albion Athletic fans for their respective relegations.

I also see West Brom have managed to live to fight for another week.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    There have been, or potentially could be, some rather odd managerial appointments lately.

Firstly, we have the potentially explosive reign of Joey Barton at Fleetwood Town. I've run God knows how many imaginary future scenarios about that in my head and none of them end well. Why would any football club owner even consider bringing such potential trouble to their own club?

Then we have Steven Gerrard possibly managing Rangers. It's a good opportunity for Gerrard, a far more stable individual than Barton, but a massive gamble for Rangers. Gerrard has ZERO managerial experience and he's heading to a club where the fans are going to be expecting him to break Celtic's current hegemony. Sorry, can't see that happening. Again, why take that risk?
    Barton is a huge risk for Fleetwood. He has...issues shall we say?

As for Gerrard at Rangers, well I've heard rumours about him and Ipswich as well and whilst he has a more stable personality than Barton you're right about the lack of experience he has. Kewell managed to do reasonably well at Crawley but the expectations there are a lot lower than they will be at Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post

Agreed about Barton. No idea about Willie myself, I've only just seen it.

I've no idea what posessed them to hire Barton.

Not sure what happened to Willie. If he has been banned, hopefully it's just a temporary one.

In football news, it's been a friggin awful day for Swansea. Stoke got a point, Southampton won, Palace won, Brighton got a point, West Brom won and we're losing to Chelsea at the moment. Squeeky bum time now.
    No idea about Barton either. Risky appointment for Fleetwood for certain.

As for Willie, hopefully it's a temporary one. This thread would be a lot quieter without him in it and I've always got along with him just fine personally.

Not a great day for Swansea for sure, at least you only conceded one against Chelsea and Stoke didn't beat Liverpool which is something I guess.

Still, as long as Liverpool manage to get past Roma on Wednesday and we win the next league game I'll be happy.

I'm disappointed Liverpool drew with Stoke as well John! The biggest kick in the chicklets was Southampton winning. If they get something away at Everton next week and Stoke beat Palace, we're in deep trouble. I'd really want us to be outside of the drop zone before we play Southampton and Stoke so at least we're ahead of them and draws would be enough. The way we're playing at the moment, I don't even fancy us to win those games.

Extraordinary Member

So Southampton have kept things interesting.