Page 152 of 267 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 3996

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Yeah, DC was fine with weakening those family bonds. And eliminating Cass's entirely. Disliked Damian and "one son" idea we saw.

It's a relative age that wouldn't have made sense in post-COIE era (I think - she was a cadet 10 years ago?). Bruce was much younger in N52 than he was before. Barbara and Dick have had some more years added back recently. Don't really know how old Bruce or Selina is now, but has he become older than Kate?

Not that I would ever think of Kate as one of his kids, but I absolutely hate Barbara cast as one of the protoges, too. Of course, I still prefer Kate unrelated to Bruce as a re-imagined Kathy Kane (and no separate Kathy Kane). Though it does muddy the waters on Bette and what her role should to whom and what connection there is and such.
    That was in the Rebirth Storyline where it showed them at the funeral for Kate's mother and sister. The two were nearly the same size and age.

That was in the Rebirth Storyline where it showed them at the funeral for Kate's mother and sister. The two were nearly the same size and age.
    I knew it was sometime N52 - didn't realize Rebirth. Sorry if I was unclear about that - was trying to say that it wouldn't have made sense post-COIE when she was introduced (not that that would necessarily stop DC from doing it, since Nightwing Year One claimed Dick was 21 in 2005), and it only worked with their changes in age for New 52. And those changes haven't stuck; Barbara has seemingly had a few years added to her sometime post-2018. And Bruce has gone back to getting Dick as a child (not teen) so Bruce has to be older than 31 (or 34 with Damian's age up). So I don't know what Bruce's age is anymore, or if it's changed (and if it has, has Kate's?).

I knew it was sometime N52 - didn't realize Rebirth. Sorry if I was unclear about that - was trying to say that it wouldn't have made sense post-COIE when she was introduced (not that that would necessarily stop DC from doing it, since Nightwing Year One claimed Dick was 21 in 2005), and it only worked with their changes in age for New 52. And those changes haven't stuck; Barbara has seemingly had a few years added to her sometime post-2018. And Bruce has gone back to getting Dick as a child (not teen) so Bruce has to be older than 31 (or 34 with Damian's age up). So I don't know what Bruce's age is anymore, or if it's changed (and if it has, has Kate's?).
    I don't know. Honestly, once most of the Rebirth series ended, my reading list shrunk drastically. Down to Red Hood basically.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't remember who or when but I think someone did tell me once that while Rebirth started with them being around the same age, presently Bruce is a few years older than Kate like he's mid-thirties and Kate is the early thirties or late twenties.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, why can't they be his sidekicks?
    They can, I just think it would be more interesting if his sidekick were somebody else.

Extraordinary Member

Barbara has seemingly had a few years added to her sometime post-2018.
    In the last story arc it was iirc said that she is in her late 20s.

Kate was pre flashpint 32 when she became Batwoman, I think in Rebirth that was changed to 27 or 28, but I have now idea how old she is supposed to be in the current comics, how long she is supposed to have been Batwoman at this point, and when in relation to other events on the Batmantimeline she actually started in the current continuity.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    In the last story arc it was iirc said that she is in her late 20s.

Kate was pre flashpint 32 when she became Batwoman, I think in Rebirth that was changed to 27 or 28, but I have now idea how old she is supposed to be in the current comics, how long she is supposed to have been Batwoman at this point, and when in relation to other events on the Batmantimeline she actually started in the current continuity.
    'Kay I checked. In Rebirth, she first became Batwoman age 27 and 2 years before Lady Shiva and the League of Shadows attacked Gotham.

Gotham Girl is going to be event fodder I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Gotham Girl is going to be event fodder I suspect.
    Sadly, there isn't miuch she could be anyway. Her power level makes no sense in Gotham, and since King never bothered to make her truly likeable, it's really hard to care about her anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Sadly, there isn't miuch she could be anyway. Her power level makes no sense in Gotham, and since King never bothered to make her truly likeable, it's really hard to care about her anyway.
    Hence event fodder, when some Crisis level being needs to flex how powerful they are Gotham Girl is getting squished

Which is a shame. When she was first introduced, I felt there was potential for her.

Which is a shame. When she was first introduced, I felt there was potential for her.
    Me too; but King's run was one long road of destruction where he built nothing and left on a very unsatisfying ending and note, while its worst aspect (the Batcat romance) being apparently upheld by DC Editorial.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    What is her true character anyway? King used the Psycho Pirate a lot to explain characters acting a certain way but it was never explored that well.

Huh!?
    It was revealed that Kate and Bruce are about the same age in Kate's Batwoman series. So her being on of his "kids" seems really off.
    Tom King gives no F**k when it comes to pandering. The man retconed his own story to pander to irate Ivy fans. According to king's Batman Kate, Huntress, cass, Steph, and Duke are all Bruces kids and thomas' grandkids.

it's hilarious unless he's poking fun at tumblr's obsessional need for everyone to be adopted by Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    According to king's Batman Kate, Huntress, cass, Steph, and Duke are all Bruces kids and thomas' grandkids.
    Eh, I never got that sense about Kate from King. He pretty much left her alone, which I appreciated (aside from Annual #2...).
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)