Page 789 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2896897397797857867877887897907917927937998398891289 ... LastLast
Results 11,821 to 11,835 of 20773

Got my Secret Warriors CC 1 and I love it. But why didn't they include Mighty Avengers 13 and 18 since that covers the team actually forming?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Amazing Member

Does anyone know if and when the issues of Excalibur vol.1 #72 - #81 will be collected in tpb or hc format?

Mighty Member

I just finished Clone Conspiracy and i wanted to vent at how poorly the issues in the ASM Worldwide v3 HC are collected. I hadn't read them before, so i wanted to withhold judgement, but without the actual Clone Conspiracy series, including these alone in the collection is borderline indecipherable and completely out of context. All 5 issues make little to no sense on their own, and it makes up half of this collection.

And with the recent fish of the red goblin ohc, how does Marvel plan on collecting the rest of Worldwide? Which should have been released 1st btw (the secret empire issues with Doc Ock and the Venom Inc stuff). I was already annoyed there was so much double dipping between this and the event, but could've looked past if it actually made sense. The collected editions dept really made a mess out of this one
    Last edited by awayne83; 03-28-2018 at 05:31 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

We now have 3 Silver Age Avengers Omnis taking us up through issue #88 in vol.3 that just came out.
    Years ago Marvel did a HC of Avengers Kree/Skull War which is Avengers #89-97.

My question is this? Since they seem to fairly consistently give us a SA Omni when a movie comes out could we expect an Avengers SA vol.4 Omni next year that includes the Kree/Skull war material which has long been out of print(I don't have it). The volumes collect about 30 issues so could we expect a vol.4 to conclude around #118. However, the tie-ins books for the Avengers/Defenders war would need to be included.

I know they haven't done but one volume 4, Kung-Fu, but with a Captain Marvel film next year and Avengers 4 it seems a great run of books to have out as a volume 4.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'd like to think Krisis is dancing around like a kid after reading about the Mutant Massacre Omni.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I just finished Clone Conspiracy and i wanted to vent at how poorly the issues in the ASM Worldwide v3 HC are collected. I hadn't read them before, so i wanted to withhold judgement, but without the actual Clone Conspiracy series, including these alone in the collection is borderline indecipherable and completely out of context. All 5 issues make little to no sense on their own, and it makes up half of this collection.
    Something similar happened with Spider-Verse. If you wanted a complete storyline, the OHC (which was out of reading order to boot) was the only way to get all the tie-ins, while the ASM OHCs collected exclusively the ASM issues. It was not quite the same since the main plot took place in ASM, but still. I bought the Spider-Verse OHC, and then the third ASM OHC only included 3 issues I didn't already have.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    And with the recent fish of the red goblin ohc, how does Marvel plan on collecting the rest of Worldwide? Which should have been released 1st btw (the secret empire issues with Doc Ock and the Venom Inc stuff). I was already annoyed there was so much double dipping between this and the event, but could've looked past if it actually made sense. The collected editions dept really made a mess out of this one
    So far the Worldwide OHCs have included two TPBs:
    OHC 1: TPBs 1+2
    OHC 2: TPBs 3+4
    OHC 3: TPBs 5+6

The Red Goblin OHC, per solicitations, would include TPBs 8+9 (Vol. 9 currently has the same content info as Vol. 8 "to avoid spoilers" as far as I know), so my guess is there's a still unnanounced OHC 4 collecting TPBs 7 and Venom Inc (with the complete crossover, which would only make sense).
    That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a 5th and final OHC with the exact same content as the Red Goblin OHC. They might not care at this point.

Fantastic Member

Has anyone else been taking advantage of the COMIXOLOGY .99 sale on new MARVEL COLLECTIONS?
    For the past several weeks ALL NEW MARVEL DIGITAL TRADES have been selling for only .99 each. This includes EPICS, MASTERWORKS, and all other trades, day and date release .99
    If you are a member of COMIXOLOGY unlimited the price is only .84 each.
    I am still a print addict, but this deal is too good to pass up.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    They might not care at this point.
    I would agree with this lol.

Regardless how you feel about the event hcs, at least its all there. And as you mentioned, Spider-verse took place in the pages of ASM, so the main narrative was present in the v3 HC, so anyone buying only those books at least had a coherent story. And they did include those extra 2 SSM issues.

The situation with CC was not the same within the core title. So marvel either should have included the event issues (dropping the supplemental stuff in the WW hc (a la Spider-verse in the v3 hc) or skipped the ASM issues altogether.

I dont buy marvel trades, so it surprises me they released those issues together in v5. I guess if they didn't care then they wouldn't be expected to for the hc collections
    Last edited by awayne83; 03-28-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    I'd like to think Krisis is dancing around like a kid after reading about the Mutant Massacre Omni.
    Lol - I've been waiting for comments from Krisis too

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Has anyone else been taking advantage of the COMIXOLOGY .99 sale on new MARVEL COLLECTIONS?
    For the past several weeks ALL NEW MARVEL DIGITAL TRADES have been selling for only .99 each. This includes EPICS, MASTERWORKS, and all other trades, day and date release .99
    I buy everything I care about in print too, and never do digital, but at that price it was a no-brainer not to sample some stuff. Downloaded a couple (forget which right at the moment) because I figure if I like it, I'll scoop up the print edition. And the experience isn't too bad on an iPad Pro, either.

Spectacular Member

I've just cracked open the Deadpool by Daniel Way omni (latest IST order finally made it's way after nearly 7 weeks). Has anyone else noticed the binding is really tight in this thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    I've been taking advantage of this. I wonder if this is a result of Marvel Unlimited gaining popularity. I always wondered if MU would lead to a decline in sales of Marvel digital and possibly physical collected editions. These sales would indicate yes. This will be interesting to see how long they keep these sales up and the impact on the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    I've been taking advantage of this. I wonder if this is a result of Marvel Unlimited gaining popularity. I always wondered if MU would lead to a decline in sales of Marvel digital and possibly physical collected editions. These sales would indicate yes. This will be interesting to see how long they keep these sales up and the impact on the industry.
    My take would be having massive sales like this means they're NOT doing well, (digital side) and they're trying to suck many of us in via these sales, to wow us with how great digital is.

While the collection numbers are never groundbreaking, they keep releasing more and more collections, sometimes of whacky stuff (i.e. Brute Force, etc...) so that tells me that the physical collection side is fine. I would assume they have a handle on how many each trade /HC will sell, and that they only print that many, thereby still making a profit. If they weren't making a profit they'd cut way back on collected editions, so I think via MMWs still going strong, sometimes 2x per month, Omnis still being cranked out, EPIC line flourishing, Complete Collections, on and on, I would have to think their physical collected editions side is doing fine. Like I said, not making them hundred of millions of dollars, but within reason to keep the lines going as they're still making a profit on them.

Just my take.

*My brother-in-law has an online business selling used text books - he's done that for like 10 years. The whole concept of "everything's going to go digital and they're going to stop making books!" is greatly overstated. Granted, lots of universities are going digital, as are lots of other media, but lots of them aren't, especially the smaller schools, and so there's still a large need for physical books. Outside of that text book area, there are still many of us that just LOVE books. Many of us love digital, too, but a physical book is such a unique thing. I mean, digital music took off in part because outside of looking at a jewel case, the entire thing is audio, not really physical. Same for movies. Outside of someone wanting to display their 500 CDs or DVDs/BluRays to impress folks as they walk into the room - outside of that, having movies and music in digital is an easy switch for most people. But books, that's another thing entirely. Especially picture books like comics. A fully text-only book, yeah, I can see that going digital and people not minding so much, but comics are such a visual medium.

Just my personal take on things.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

I'm at the beginning of a deep read of 00's Marvel (Disassembled - Siege) and I'm having issues figuring where to place the Annihilation Omni in the reading order. I've seen anywhere from before Civil War to after World War Hulk. I know the cosmic stuff is somewhat separate but I would still like to have it in some semblance of an order. Suggestions?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master Hoplite View Post
    I'm at the beginning of a deep read of 00's Marvel (Disassembled - Siege) and I'm having issues figuring where to place the Annihilation Omni in the reading order. I've seen anywhere from before Civil War to after World War Hulk. I know the cosmic stuff is somewhat separate but I would still like to have it in some semblance of an order. Suggestions?
    You can read the Annihilation Omni before Civil and then Annihilation Conquest after. The first few issues of Nova involve the aftermath of Civil War and I believe they are some of the first issues in the Conquest Omni.