Page 170 of 172 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172 LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2577

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Now that Warner Bros. has hired Gunn to write and maybe directe Suicide Squad 2 I doubt Gunn even wants to go back to Disney after their shabby treatment of him.
    Would you want to work for someone who had kicked you to the curb because of an outsider's political agenda against you? Taking their side instead of showing loyalty
    to you?
    Hard to say. The GOTG movies are Gunn's babies. He also might feel some loyalty to the cast to do right by them and the franchise. Depends on what kind of deal they offer, IF they offer it to him. Big "IF"!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Now that Warner Bros. has hired Gunn to write and maybe directe Suicide Squad 2 I doubt Gunn even wants to go back to Disney after their shabby treatment of him.
    Would you want to work for someone who had kicked you to the curb because of an outsider's political agenda against you? Taking their side instead of showing loyalty
    to you?
    There's a possibility of him coming back. He hasn't once fire back at Disney and doesn't blame them for firing him. He's been silent the entire time this went down. Seems to me he might not be taking it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There's a possibility of him coming back. He hasn't once fire back at Disney and doesn't blame them for firing him. He's been silent the entire time this went down. Seems to me he might not be taking it personally.
    Well, if anyone has learned to be careful about what you send out into the world, it's James Gunn, so that might have something to do with it.
    Live true or lie well.

Yah the door is wide open for Gunn to come back if he wants to do so and of course if Disney asks. But what I don't see is Disney essentially admitting they were wrong, which is what that whole process would mean. Not sure they have ever done that.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yah the door is wide open for Gunn to come back if he wants to do so and of course if Disney asks. But what I don't see is Disney essentially admitting they were wrong, which is what that whole process would mean. Not sure they have ever done that.
    Not while the current executives (the ones who fired Gunn) are in power.

One of the Guardians has a cameo in Wreck-It Ralph 2.

So much for the "Disney didn't see GOTG as a major franchise" argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The reason why he is the absolute perfect target for something like this is because he's someone that can't really fire back. He'd be throwing a rock from a glass house.

But the flip side is that by keeping his mouth shut, he's clearly shown that he's learned what NOT to do on social media. Regardless of whether Disney wants him back or if he even wants to be back, in the least he clearly has shown the value of silence.

So yeah... I wouldn't put it outside of the realm of possibility if Gunn and Disney kiss and make up down the line. The conspiracy theoretist in my might even speculate the reason Guardians is being pushed back is to allow him to come back to it down the line after everything has blown over. Though I doubt that's the case.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Why do you keep on acting like Gunn being fired for what he did a decade ago is comparable to Roseanne getting fired for what she did in the present? Roseanne wasn't fired for anything she did before her new show started.
    Last edited by Dum Dum Dugan; 11-04-2018 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Not while the current executives (the ones who fired Gunn) are in power.
    I am kind of thinking that once Horn is gone, there might be a chance that Gunn gets to come back. It seemed to be a unilateral decision that caught everyone else by surprise.
    No one wanted to be disloyal to the top man so they either kept quiet or went along to get along. Sort of depends on the political climate too. If trump is just a one term President,
    the right wing bloggers probably won't care either. The only reason they went after Gunn in the first place was due to his criticisms of trump. And by then most the public will have
    forgotten about it with no one bringing it up again.

Niffleheim

Wouldn't there be contractual reasons preventing Gunn from working with MS now that he directing SS2?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Wouldn't there be contractual reasons preventing Gunn from working with MS now that he directing SS2?
    That depends on the contract. It is certainly possible, but not a guarantee.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That depends on the contract. It is certainly possible, but not a guarantee.
    Certainly there are no contractual reasons preventing Leto from doing Joker and Morbius at the same time.

BANNED

First. Gunn is not going back to Disney, that ship has sailed.
    Second. What makes you guys think he wants to go back?

Ghost Corps (the division handling all new Ghosbusters stuff at Sony) has approached Gunn and Waititi about doing a new project.

A new Ghostbusters media is planned in 2019 and a new live action project is moving forward, too.

Gunn might be okay but I wouldn't mind seeing Waititi helm the Ghostbusters.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Getting back on topic.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ians-3-1156340

A billboard has appeared near Disneyland asking the studio to rehire James Gunn for Guardians 3.
    Really? Sometime has way too much extra cash just lying around...