Page 627 of 775 FirstFirst ... 127527577617623624625626627628629630631637677727 ... LastLast
Results 9,391 to 9,405 of 11619
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    RDJ is a bit different because he was an addict, not an abuser. His "crimes" were only really hurting himself. Don't get me wrong. People are flawed and complex and I believe everybody deserves mercy and second chances, but having a drug problem isn't the same thing as strangling your girlfriend.
    totally true, sorry for not being clearer, I was referring to Tropic Thunder and the "controversy" around that and how that would not be forgiven today let alone alleged domestic abuse

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    this is why franchises should not be placed on the shoulders of a single individual.

I mean if RDJ was cast as Iron Man today he would get booed out the door.

Maybe people will allow this to play out and if this is true, allow Majors to make amends but who am I kidding he'll be ixnayed in t-minus 2 minutes
    Why would people boo RDJr out the door? Everyone knew of his past when he starred as Iron Man.

totally true, sorry for not being clearer, I was referring to Tropic Thunder and the "controversy" around that and how that would not be forgiven today let alone alleged domestic abuse
    Tropic Thunder is a beloved, modern, comedy classic. No one cares.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Why would people boo RDJr out the door? Everyone knew of his past when he starred as Iron Man.
    I know, and Favreau fought hard for him to be cast, prior to Iron Man he was doing guest appearances on Ally McBeal

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Tropic Thunder is a beloved, modern, comedy classic. No one cares.
    people do care, people cared when the film first came out.

Astonishing Member

In fairness, these are the sort of circumstances where you don’t really need to give an in-universe explanation for a recast.

That said, if Marvel can’t prove their casting department didn’t do some level of vetting on their hires heads will probably roll.

Even if my dude is proven innocent his name is always going to be tarnished. As far as the MCU goes the entire direction revolves around Kang so I suspect The Mouse will ignore it completely.

No, they really don't. Every few years someone writes an article about that films use of blackface. But in reality, people understand the difference between parody and insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Even if my dude is proven innocent his name is always going to be tarnished. As far as the MCU goes the entire direction revolves around Kang so I suspect The Mouse will ignore it completely.
    Ehh Gunn was fired for less.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Plus Kang is very easy to recast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    What happened to Gunn was literally political persecution. And you see how that went.

This involves a reported crime. Totally different.
    Last edited by Brian B; 03-26-2023 at 06:35 AM.

I know, and Favreau fought hard for him to be cast, prior to Iron Man he was doing guest appearances on Ally McBeal

No one cared. They cast him. He was in many MCU movies. He’s a big star now. Tropic Thunder was a hysterical comedy. RDJr. is fine. No one canceled him. For what? He’s talented. People like him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I know people at Marvel Studios are losing their minds right now.
    Or cooler heads are taking charge and waiting for everything to come out and then make a choice.

Instead of pandering to the usual suspects who want Majors gone.

The same usual suspects that LOVE to cherry pick rage and write rage click articles for online. Then have nothing to say when facts come out or justice is served.

And we KNOW a certain governor in Florida is licking his chops to attack.

The same folks who want to bury Will Smith over a slap but silent on others.

Funny how toxic Will Smith is over a slap but R. Kelly was fine for a LONG decade.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Or cooler heads are taking charge and waiting for everything to come out and then make a choice.

Instead of pandering to the usual suspects who want Majors gone.

The same usual suspects that LOVE to cherry pick rage and write rage click articles for online. Then have nothing to say when facts come out or justice is served.

And we KNOW a certain governor in Florida is licking his chops to attack.

The same folks who want to bury Will Smith over a slap but silent on others.

Funny how toxic Will Smith is over a slap but R. Kelly was fine for a LONG decade.
    The slap, as a physical not legal assault, was pretty much next to nothing. However, I cannot imagine a bigger, stupider act to do as a HUGELY successful actor than to slap the MC, on live television, at the flipping Oscars. Like, it doesn’t get bigger or stupider than that.

There’s no defense for Smith. Zero.

Also, his career doesn’t seem to actually be over. It’s just gotten a lot smaller.

Whether racists like it when successful black people fail or not is beside the point. Smith was a total moron.

As for Majors, he either did it or he didn’t. I’m sure Marvel won’t just fire the guy, yet, but you can be sure lawyers at Disney on Monday will be crossing their i’s and dotting their t’s while checking out the morality clause on Major’s contract, in case Feige and co. feel the need to dump him in the near future.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

this is why franchises should not be placed on the shoulders of a single individual.

I mean if RDJ was cast as Iron Man today he would get booed out the door.

Maybe people will allow this to play out and if this is true, allow Majors to make amends but who am I kidding he'll be ixnayed in t-minus 2 minutes
    Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    RDJ is a bit different because he was an addict, not an abuser. His "crimes" were only really hurting himself. Don't get me wrong. People are flawed and complex and I believe everybody deserves mercy and second chances, but having a drug problem isn't the same thing as strangling your girlfriend.

I'm not saying he's automatically guilty, but reading the details, it's not sounding good.
    I think Josh Brolin would be a better comparison. He was actually arrested for domestic violence, and then a decade later cast as Thanos. That never was an issue during his time at Marvel, even among fans I rarely see anyone bringing it up. I guess you could argue the older nature of the case and the fact that it happened during a time when social media wasn't big definitely made it easier for things to just be swept under the rug, a privilege that Majors doesn't have right now.