Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Is there a well known guy in the states who has not been accused yet? It almost becomes a joke.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

maybe Stan has failing health problems that he has chose not to disclose to public. maybe he has to undergo many tests, inject health boosters and take medicines before he can function in a public setting and that's contributing to his untoward behaviour as such medicines can have powerful side effects. of course it is just speculation. and he may be fit as a fddle with minor health problems and even so the allegations may prove to be unfounded on truth so its wait and see what develops on the story.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    maybe Stan has failing health problems that he has chose not to disclose to public. maybe he has to undergo many tests, inject health boosters and take medicines before he can function in a public setting and that's contributing to his untoward behaviour as such medicines can have powerful side effects. of course it is just speculation. and he may be fit as a fddle with minor health problems and even so the allegations may prove to be unfounded on truth so its wait and see what develops on the story.

One thing we can be sure of. He is probably grieving.

Inappropriate behaviour is a common and noted part of the grief process.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 01-12-2018 at 06:26 AM.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-masseuse.html

Ah Hell, This is going to be another one of those times that Twitter goes all 'Guilty until proven Guilty' isnt it...

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    A note on dementia. Yes it is highly prevalent in the elderly BUT a person over 80 still only has a 1 in 6 chance of suffering from dementia. It is blatantly ageist to suggest anyone that is in their 90s is bound to be loosing their marbles.
    I don't feel it's ageist at all to assume the older someone is, the more susceptible they are to mental illnesses that affect the elderly, especially when their behaviour radically changes. It's backed by factual evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I think the word people are looking for is "Senility" not "Dementia".

I don't have statistics but I suspect that most people above 90 experience some form of senility.
    "Senile" is a medical term formerly used to describe Alzheimer's. It's recently taken on a negative connotation, but it's important to note that Alzheimer's, like dementia, can drastically change one's personality as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    While that’s possible, unless Lee or his representatives come out and say he has dementia, I’m not going to assume he does.
    If he requires round the clock care of multiple nurses at a time, I think it's safe to say being 95 has, at the very least, caught up to him mentally and physically. The public is not entitled to his medical history, but I do feel it's safe to say, whether the accusations are true or not, that any 95 year-old is very far from the pinnacle of mental or physical health.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 01-12-2018 at 08:00 AM.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

The chief source of the allegations were people in contact with Nancy Grace's Crime Stories co-producer Alan Duke

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...e-allegations/

There's also a disturbing account of what might have "really" happened to Joan Lee

ANOTHER accusation. This time from an anonymous comic pro and his wife.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...tor-last-year/
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

After the way certain folks tore down Bill Cosby and his legacy, I have zero sympathy for what's happening to Stan after these allegations...

... excelsior indeed.

It's amazing how quiet a few people aren't even willing to give the man the benefit of doubt.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

The man is almost a century old; he's quite literally from another time, when such behavior was the norm.

Of course, that doesn't make it right, but jumping through hoops to explain his actions seems unnecessary.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    It's amazing how quiet a few people aren't even willing to give the man the benefit of doubt.
    Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt but some of us have no time for apologists. Taking up the line of Stan's lawyer when people closer to the case are on record as saying this was complaint based not a shakedown. Claiming senility when people that know him deny any such health issue. Claiming a widely circulated national newspaper is somehow disreputable or employing cash book journalism when there is zero evidence to support that.

So my angle here is purely to make clear that this is a mainstream news agency reporting a fact based story based upon allegations. It is to be taken seriously even if no court cases or police reports are ever made. Indeed reporting the allegations to the police may not be appropriate given Stan's circumstances. He is an elderly grieving man who needs help around the home. The issue should be treated with sensitivity but that is no reason to deny everything as if this is an opinion based story.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Well at least there are more details now.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt but some of us have no time for apologists. Taking up the line of Stan's lawyer when people closer to the case are on record as saying this was complaint based not a shakedown. Claiming senility when people that know him deny any such health issue. Claiming a widely circulated national newspaper is somehow disreputable or employing cash book journalism when there is zero evidence to support that.

So my angle here is purely to make clear that this is a mainstream news agency reporting a fact based story based upon allegations. It is to be taken seriously even if no court cases or police reports are ever made. Indeed reporting the allegations to the police may not be appropriate given Stan's circumstances. He is an elderly grieving man who needs help around the home. The issue should be treated with sensitivity but that is no reason to deny everything as if this is an opinion based story.
    Wait, when you say "mainstream news agency", are you refering to the Daily Mail, or the Nancy Grace show? Because all you need is background check on both to find just how many times their "news" ended up being completely unreliable, sensationalistic (in a very bad way leading to very, bad results), or just filled with mistruths and rumors, and embellishment. Both Daily Mail, and Nancy Grace have a long history of being in a #$%storm of legal and moral issues because how sleazy their "reporting" is. Even Wikipedia has banned Daily Mail as a citing source because of how unreliable they are.

The accusations can be real and shouldn't be so easily dismissed, and if proven true my heart will break, but with all of this coming from such unreliable news sources, I just can't help but have some doubts about some these stories. And I do think its also very plausible that such behavior, if true, can be the result of dementia or some other form of mental degradation. But whether wrong doing has been done or not, simply pointing a finger is not enough, the next proper step must be taken and this will have to go to court.

Mighty Member

I have hard time giving much credence to the Daily Mail. And, the idea of an old man being falsely accused or extorted is terrible.

But, no excuses if the charges are valid.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

BANNED

He could always use the Kevin Spacey defense maneuver