Page 61 of 277 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

LOT is a huge breath of fresh air this season. Vixen and Steel are just so much fun, a huge improvement over I'm just a barista.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-09-2017 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    LOT is a huge breath of fresh air this season. Vixen and Steel are just so much fun, a huge improvement over I'm just a barista.
    Yes. lol if I had a nickel.

Mighty Member

Cool how Dwarf Star was made into bullets like that.

Decent episode, nothing really special. I'm interested in Steins visions though.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Great to see Jonah Hex again.

Retired

I must be clairvoyant, as I was talking about Martin & Clarissa--and here that becomes a plot point. Or maybe the writers were nudging in that direction.

"Man of Steel," comes up again and here it's Nate. Although, I don't think he's really steel. I think they said something once about his metallic skin being organic. But there's probably some iron--since iron is in our blood and I think being a hemophiliac ties in with his powers. Maybe not for real, but it's an interesting association. Calling him Iron is probably out. However, if his nose was busted in two places when he was a kid, he was right to be scared--that could be a death sentence for someone with his condition. It's a miracle he survived.

I'm always happy to see Jeff Fahey in anything--so having him show up as Jonah's nemesis, Quentin Turnbull, was a treat. In fact, any chance to have the gang visit the Old West and meet up with Hex is almost a guarantee of a good time. It looks like we'll be seeing Hex again in a few weeks. Maybe the Legends could travel to an earlier period in Jonah's past.

The first westen I ever saw in a movie theatre was John Ford's THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE (1962), when I was just knee-high to a grasshopper, sitting on my Pa's lap. That movie starred Jimmy Stewart, John Wayne and Lee Marvin--with a bunch of great character actors, including Andy Devine. That was one swell movie. Gene Pitney sang the title song.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Cool how Dwarf Star was made into bullets like that.
    It was surprising he could hold the gun up long enough to shoot it. Isn't DS material supposed to be super heavy? Supposedly Superman's key to the Fortress of Solitude weighs a million tons.
    So each bullet should weigh a few tons. How could he even pick the gun up?

BANNED

I really like Nate, I thought he was going to be annoying, but he's great to have around

also Mick has a lot more to do so its fun to see Dominic Purcell have more to work with

I also like that he keeps calling Ray "Haircut"

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I must be clairvoyant, as I was talking about Martin & Clarissa--and here that becomes a plot point. Or maybe the writers were nudging in that direction.

"Man of Steel," comes up again and here it's Nate. Although, I don't think he's really steel. I think they said something once about his metallic skin being organic. But there's probably some iron--since iron is in our blood and I think being a hemophiliac ties in with his powers. Maybe not for real, but it's an interesting association. Calling him Iron is probably out. However, if his nose was busted in two places when he was a kid, he was right to be scared--that could be a death sentence for someone with his condition. It's a miracle he survived.

I'm always happy to see Jeff Fahey in anything--so having him show up as Jonah's nemesis, Quentin Turnbull, was a treat. In fact, any chance to have the gang visit the Old West and meet up with Hex is almost a guarantee of a good time. It looks like we'll be seeing Hex again in a few weeks. Maybe the Legends could travel to an earlier period in Jonah's past.

The first westen I ever saw in a movie theatre was John Ford's THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE (1962), when I was just knee-high to a grasshopper, sitting on my Pa's lap. That movie starred Jimmy Stewart, John Wayne and Lee Marvin--with a bunch of great character actors, including Andy Devine. That was one swell movie. Gene Pitney sang the title song.

Great movie and song, Jim!

First western I ever saw in a theater (actually at the local drive-in) would have to be Valdez is Coming back in the early '70s. It's not an outstanding film, but Burt Lancaster is the star (first time I saw him, BTW), so it's still worth seeing.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

The train scene was cool but it seems like the show has blown it's budget on making Steel's metallic form their main CGI showcase.

I keep watching and saying, why doesn't Vixen use more abilities, how come Firestorm doesn't show up, why can't Atom remake his suit?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Ultimate Member

As to the dwarf star stuff, remember that Atom carried around some of it about the same size as a bullet to power his suit and he was able to fly however he wanted so it didn't seem to bother him...

I think the Legends might enjoy going to the Wild West as much as we enjoy watching them there .

Hex is always a treat to see on the show, and I liked that they touched on his classic enmity with Turnbull in this episode. I wouldn't mind seeing him officially join the crew at some point.

Lord, Professor Stein just inadvertently ruined his marriage to Clarissa, didn't he? Great going Martin. I really have to wonder who this new woman is though...

I though Nate was supposed to be Citizen Steel? I guess we're just sticking with "Steel" then.

So if Ray has enough Dwarf Star to build 20 Atom suits, is that going to lead to the robot Atoms in the future?

Are the Legends going to ask Barry about the evil Speedster, so he can tell them that it's partially his fault Thawne is messing with the timeline since he saved him with Flashpoint? Is he also going to tell the Legends about how much he mucked up the timestream without them even being aware of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    The train scene was cool but it seems like the show has blown it's budget on making Steel's metallic form their main CGI showcase.

I keep watching and saying, why doesn't Vixen use more abilities, how come Firestorm doesn't show up, why can't Atom remake his suit?
    Well, they've been finding ways to avoid using Firestorm since season 1, though at least now Ray can remake his suit in time for the Invasion! crossover .

I hope Amaya uses more animals in the crossover. She'll be back in her costume at least.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    As to the dwarf star stuff, remember that Atom carried around some of it about the same size as a bullet to power his suit and he was able to fly however he wanted so it didn't seem to bother him...
    One of the fascinating things about classic comic book Ray Palmer's origin story is that while the White Dwarf Star matter triggered his size shifting, he came up with some way to control his weight all on his own. I guess he was a genius.

So I imagine that TV Ray Palmer has that weight control tech available when he needs it--like for lifting Dwarf Star matter (that doesn't look very white). Otherwise the Atom's powers wouldn't really work so well--Ray must've developed some form of gravity control first, to allow him to handle and transport the stuff.

I am finding the characters on this show more enjoyable than any of the other CW DC shows. The writers and actors (especially Routh and Purcell) look like they are spending as much time on personality as they are plot.

Ultimate Member

Is Atom's suit CGI? I thought it was just a prop.