Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Quoted for truth.

Not sure why people are saying that Spider-man being re-introduced via Avengers is a bad thing.

The Sony movies crashed and burned and the public was simply getting inundated with character. Bringing him via Avengers (considering the Avengers are now the biggest thing in pop culture let alone superhero movies) was the best way to go.
    I think the problem with that is that Spider-Man is was expected to be part of the MCU.

Don’t ask me how I feel about that cause then I’ll start ranting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Don't speak for others.
    My apologizes.

BANNED

Quoted for truth.

Not sure why people are saying that Spider-man being re-introduced via Avengers is a bad thing.

The Sony movies crashed and burned and the public was simply getting inundated with character. Bringing him via Avengers (considering the Avengers are now the biggest thing in pop culture let alone superhero movies) was the best way to go.
    To me, I feel that if they bring in Spider-man into the MCU, then do it with slight mentionings of his villains....like have it be mysterious of him taking down the likes of Hammerhead and the Enforcers before introducing him.

I just don't like the idea of having the likes of Tony Stark handing Peter his iconic Suit and his "gadgets" for his MCU appearance. Peter did this himself and much more talent than what was shown thus far.

All I just want is for Peter to have a bigger impact on his Spider-man suit and gadgets instead of it being Tony's AI assistance and the gadgets.

Spider-Man appearance in Avengers Endgame felt like an embarrassment to me and anyone who’s a fan of character.
    I guess I'm not a fan of the character then because I thought his brief moments in Endgame were pretty awesome.

I don't think it was inherently a bad idea, although I think it's come at a risk of making MCU Spider-Man feel more like an extension of the Avengers/Iron Man brand in the movies rather then the kind of character Spider-Man actually is.

But your mileage may vary on that.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it was inherently a bad idea, although I think it's come at a risk of making MCU Spider-Man feel more like an extension of the Avengers/Iron Man brand in the movies rather then the kind of character Spider-Man actually is.

But your mileage may vary on that.
    I mean, that kind of want the MCU as a whole is, at least for the "Infinity Saga" was. Spider-Man's disadvantage was always the fact that the character was not available to use from the ground floor, so that combined with the fact that Marvel was adamant about making Peter a "real" teenager kind of made this inevitable.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I mean, that kind of want the MCU as a whole is, at least for the "Infinity Saga" was. Spider-Man's disadvantage was always the fact that the character was not available to use from the ground floor, so that combined with the fact that Marvel was adamant about making Peter a "real" teenager kind of made this inevitable.
    I can't argue against that.

I mean, maybe they could have still had him come into his own independently in a world where he's not the first prominent Superhero (like the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon did) but that way wouldn't have fit him into Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I guess I'm not a fan of the character then because I thought his brief moments in Endgame were pretty awesome.
    Yea especially with how the camera panned up on him when he entered the scene and how much action he got in the final battle. He definitely felt more important to the fight than even the Guardians of the Galaxy and they're probably the group with the biggest bone to pick with Thanos after the Avengers themselves. Hell my theater was cheering when he appeared and their cheers were reserved for only some of the best moments in the final battle (anyone who's seen the movie can probably guess which ones).
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 05-02-2019 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea especially with how the camera panned up on him when he entered the scene and how much action he got in the final battle. He definitely felt more important to the fight than even the Guardians of the Galaxy and they're probably the group with the biggest bone to pick with Thanos after the Avengers themselves. Hell my theater was cheering when he appeared and their cheers were reserved for only some of the best moments in the final battle (anyone who's seen the movie can probably guess which ones).
    Can we be careful about Endgame spoilers please? Still haven't seen it .

Sounds like he contributes even more then he did in Infinity War.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Can we be careful about Endgame spoilers please? Still haven't seen it .

Sounds like he contributes even more then he did in Infinity War.
    Without going into spoilers Endgame is very much focused on the Original 6 members. Outside of them, it's actually Scott Lang who gets the most love surprisingly enough.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Without going into spoilers Endgame is very much focused on the Original 6 members. Outside of them, it's actually Scott Lang who gets the most love surprisingly enough.
    Well, Ant-Man is a founding Avenger .

Mighty Member

I can't argue against that.

I mean, maybe they could have still had him come into his own independently in a world where he's not the first prominent Superhero (like the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon did) but that way wouldn't have fit him into Civil War.
    They still treated him like an annoyance in that cartoon though. When we had Ms. Marvel (Kamala) of all people find Peter to be a pest when she acted the exact same way it made me feel kinda dirty.

I think MCU Peter is too...pure. I can’t see him failing Ben Parker like he did as he seems to have always idolized Superheroes... however that said, going the “Jimmy Olson” route seemed to be the only way to introduce him to this specific universe, so we just gotta take what we can get. That said, his mask wearing in comparison to almost all other heroes would have given a certain media mogul some ammo “I hate MASKED superheroes, what are they hiding anyway?!”... but I don’t see them bringing JJJ in...

(It would be a fun game to find SOME way to force a connection with Tony Stark with Spider-Man’s villains much like they often found a way to force a connection with Peter in previous movies...)
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 05-02-2019 at 10:42 PM.

i just want to say i appreciate the excessively unnecessary use of the word "disgusting"

that's all. cheers
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i just want to say i appreciate the excessively unnecessary use of the word "disgusting"...

I hereby second your appreciation.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

do you? then here's more of similar usage just for you......
    it's just so offensive that they shoehorned Spider man into MCU as Tony's sidekick.
    It's repulsive pun intended how Parker keeps trying to attract Tony's attention throughout the movie with him being indifferent to him.
    It's sickening that Tony was hitting on aunt may.
    It's nauseating that they somehow paid homage to the Tobey Maguire scene from Spider man 2 in such a manner that it showcased iron man swooping in to save the day.
    how did I do???
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 05-03-2019 at 09:08 AM.