Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by alexh View Post
    Most of it is pretty straight forward - any decent sized franchise in Marvel is it's own entity, villains, supporting characters and concepts will generally be with wherever it originated, or in a few cases, a franchise it later grew to have a greater connection to (for example, Sabretooth with X-men rather than Iron Fist).

Celestials will probably be in a separate Eternals franchise bracket, or conceivably with Thor. I seriously doubt Fox has any claim to Celestials via X-men as they are a retroactive continuity implant which existed far more significantly in other series. Arguably, Machine-man might have as good a claim to them as X-men. For Apocalypse, it being Celestial tech instead of just "alien" tech doesnt really make a great deal of difference - you could easily use the phalanx or technarchy in that role if you really wanted to detail it.
    Ego originated in Thor, but my suspicion would be that he might be with the F4/Silver Surfer at Fox as he's more associated with them.

The few cases of multiple ownership tend to be where there is a big usage in two places - so Quicksilver being a notable X-character and Avenger, or Skrulls being major F4 and Avengers Villains. The big unclear one at this point would probably be Kingpin
    I'm pretty sure Kingpin falls under Marvel, as he was in the Daredevil movie, and now they have Daredevil's rights.

BANNED

Kind of underwhelmed, really. Not bad, but it doesn't really up the ante from the previous ones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Kingpin falls under Marvel, as he was in the Daredevil movie, and now they have Daredevil's rights.
    Nope. Daredevil actually had to borrow the Kingpin right from Sony since Fisk belongs to the Spider-Man franchise.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    That's all he says, though. Somehow, Rocket can understand him, but nobody else does.
    actually, the other guardians can understand him since maximus explained why he speaks the way he does.

I knew nothing about GotG prior to the movie announcement and trailers but I'm already looking forward to it and seeking out the comics. At first I thought the idea was ridiculous....it still is, but it's done in such a way that it's hilarious and fitting for its universe.

Quote Originally Posted by FN Spider-Man View Post
    Kingpin already has shown up in a Daredevil movie, and his rights have come back to Marvel. So, he can definitely be used in the Netflix series. Now whether or not he can show up in Spider-Man, I'm unsure of. He has been just as much a foe to Spider-Man as he has been Daredevil.
    He can't . In spectacular spider-man they had to switch him out for Hammerhead if I recall correctly.

This looks incredible! I think I'll join the chorus of saying "More Nebula", because I think her rivalry with Gamora in this film could be incredible. Move aside, Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes!
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

I dont like crude Rocket Raccoon. He is not some showoff, big-headed dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Nope. Daredevil actually had to borrow the Kingpin right from Sony since Fisk belongs to the Spider-Man franchise.
    Not true, per Kevin Feige.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=98229

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    I'm not sure you are correct about that. Like I said I seem to remember them stating they couldn't use Fisk in the Spectacular Spider-man cartoon and they switched to Hammerhead. Or maybe it was Tombstone. I didn't actually watch the show.

Mighty Member

Can't wait! should be Marvel's answer to Star Wars and Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    I wish j jonah jamison was shared along with ben urich and the bugel

"I come from Earth, a planet of outlaws..."

Never has a better description of the difference of Earth versus every other planet in the Marvel Universe been uttered!

*presses play on the trailer again like it were his old Walkman, quite fittingly*

All-New Member

SCREEN TEXT: "ALL HEROES"

Screenshot of Knowhere

SCREEN TEXT: "START SOMEWHERE"

Not these heroes - they start at "Knowhere"!!! Best nerd reference ever!!! Truly a trailer for the fans!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I dont like crude Rocket Raccoon. He is not some showoff, big-headed dude.
    Giffen/DnA and Bendis Rocker have been all those things...