Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Yeah, just because he still wearing his white armor that doesnt mean he still inverted, after all its not like his armor was inverted too.
    And it doesn't seem like the inverted Tony playing with the people of San Francisco to have risked his own life to try to stop the Cabal from destroying other Earths, which is how he's supposed to have gotten imprisoned.

Fantastic Member

Inverted Tony is arrogant, that's the thing. That's why he would think he could take on the Cabal on his own, then tell his would-be rescuers that they should effectively be praising him. Definitely inverted.

Quote Originally Posted by SKJoker View Post
    Inverted Tony is arrogant, that's the thing. That's why he would think he could take on the Cabal on his own, then tell his would-be rescuers that they should effectively be praising him. Definitely inverted.
    He might be arrogant enough to think he could take them, but he doesn't have any motivation to try in the first place. Inverted Tony wouldn't be interested in saving people.

Fantastic Member

Right, but that's an incredibly loose interpretation. You could argue that inverted Tony has no interest in improving the lives of others, but he released Extremis 3.0. The thing that connects the actions is that neither action was about "helping" anyone. It's that he stands to gain from the action. In the case of the Cabal, he's also arrogant enough to believe that he can do it on his own.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It sort of makes sense. The Ax is designed to kill Celestials and Poccy isn't actually a Celestial. He uses Celestial tech, which the Ax is very effective against. But that just means Thor can get past his hammer easily. Once you get past the armor, it's just a big ax being swung by Thor... which still sucks, but it's not necessarily an instant KO.
    This axe thing bothers me. How was Thor able to craft a weapon to slay a Celestial when all Odin and the Earth Eternals managed to accomplish against the Celestials were epic failures.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    This axe thing bothers me. How was Thor able to craft a weapon to slay a Celestial when all Odin and the Earth Eternals managed to accomplish against the Celestials were epic failures.
    It was explained back in an issue of Uncanny Avengers that he had it enchanted to be effective against them in a move that even Odin warned him against. It was a part of Kang's manipulation sicking Apocalypse on him.

Honestly I never entirely bought the idea that the Asgardians could create Celestial busting weapons... certainly not after seeing Odins track record against them. Though in the least I can buy them creating weapons that can kick Poccys behind.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    He might be arrogant enough to think he could take them, but he doesn't have any motivation to try in the first place. Inverted Tony wouldn't be interested in saving people.
    Honestly we know very little about what Stark did and why. Maybe there was a more self-serving angle to Starks actions that we don't know about. Or maybe he's not inverted.

By design, we're supposed to be left in the dark about a lot of stuff happening in the jump.

Ultimate Member

This is the one time that a Remender mucked up continuity in a bad way.

There was no way the Asgardians could have formed a Celestial killing axe and kept it secret in the face of certain destruction in Thor 300. It makes no sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This is the one time that a Remender mucked up continuity in a bad way.

There was no way the Asgardians could have formed a Celestial killing axe and kept it secret in the face of certain destruction in Thor 300. It makes no sense.
    Sure. The ONE time.

Right, but that's an incredibly loose interpretation. You could argue that inverted Tony has no interest in improving the lives of others, but he released Extremis 3.0. The thing that connects the actions is that neither action was about "helping" anyone. It's that he stands to gain from the action. In the case of the Cabal, he's also arrogant enough to believe that he can do it on his own.
    What does he stand to gain from opposing the Cabal, though? If he succeeds, then either the universe including Tony goes *poof!* in the next Incursion, or he has to take on the job of destroying the other Earths himself.

Read the Uncanny Avengers story where it happened. It's not like the enchantment was Thor's creation (it was in Odin's library, so probably either his or one that he'd acquired somewhere), he just used it without permission.

Now, it doesn't make sense that Odin himself didn't use the axe or the enchantment against the Fourth Host, I'll give you that.

It's a good issue, but it's high octane by being in constant movement. The turmoil is so intense that we are not clearly given where the Red Skull is being kept. I wonder why Loki and the Enchantress bring the fight to Thor? Is it merely to distract Thor from murdering everyone, because nobody seems to get harmed in this, and it's only Lokis perception that Thor is dangerous. Enchantress is already anticipating reverting back to her evil self, and tells Loki so, to which Loki is even more turned on. Certainly, the Absorbing Mans attack on Apocalypse seems unsettling, because it comes against Thors Attack on Apoc, after Creel just set upon Thor a moment before.

The deliverance of Magneto and Quicksilver by Doom, who made a deal with a devil to return Brother Voodoo and Daniel, was out of left field, to my mind, but it looks like Doom has realised that he needs Wanda again to undo the spell those two, Doom and Wanda, did to create this madness. So we may get a mixture of Doom/Wanda, and, Charles/Red Skull attempting reversal at the same time, and something altogether different coming to pass. It will be an interesting conclusion, at the wild pace it is running at at present.

There seems to be an impasse at work in all these battles, in that no body is actually smashed to death yet, so I suspect some holding back is involved in the equation.

It would be nice if we see a flashback to Jarvis removing the Skull from Avengers Tower, before Sam Wilson can get his hands on him. Jarvis seems to have more ethics than the uninverted Avengers, and seems the only voice of reason through this whole thing. Since the Heroic Age, the Avengers have either been manipulated, or, have lost their way, and attacked their fellow heroes consistently, (see Wonderman, Fantastic Four, Superior Spiderman, Iron Man), and I think Jarvis has remained aloof from all this process.
    Last edited by jackolover; 12-21-2014 at 02:44 AM.

Well, how long i know, Tony Stark always has been arrogant; besides, he wasnt inverted during AvX when he tried to kill the Phoenix with a huge laser, isnt it ?.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Yes, adopted siblings are real siblings, I never said they weren't but they aren't blood which specifically means genetically related. It's an incorrect usage of the word and doesn't make sense in this context. Thor and Loki aren't even the same species.

As for the real Thor never saying anything like that, he once ripped off Loki's head and wore it as a belt accessory, so let's wait until he finds out the truth about this Loki before saying what he won't do.
    The fact that to understand this story one is supposed to read Breevort's interviews is the definitive nail in the coffin of this event...