Page 19 of 598 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119519 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    Arrow has been a letdown to you. You are not the majority audience of Arrow. WB and DCE already have a long history of small screen presence and if you add what is coming for the fall there is no contest. Marvel has a looong way to go before topping WB/DCE in television.
    Yes its a letdown to me. No I am not the majority of the Arrow audience. I'm not saying Marvel is going to suck away all DC's audience. They are fully capable of getting a huge audience without turning away the very few from arrow or by preventing the other shows from getting off the ground. Just that Marvel, based on the strength of AoS and potential of other shows, seems poised to develop audiences that dwarf DCs.

Spectacular Member

Eff Laurel. Stop it, show.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Yes its a letdown to me. No I am not the majority of the Arrow audience. I'm not saying Marvel is going to suck away all DC's audience. They are fully capable of getting a huge audience without turning away the very few from arrow or by preventing the other shows from getting off the ground. Just that Marvel, based on the strength of AoS and potential of other shows, seems poised to develop audiences that dwarf DCs.
    AoS has lost its audience, if the other shows have all that potential then explain why ABC decided to not broadcast any? If Agent Carter is having such great respones then why is it only a midseason replacement?

By the way, Arrow has actually grown its audience, something that can't be said with AoS.
    Last edited by Mister Ferro; 05-14-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    In regards to the Isabel thing. She's was the CEO of Queen Consolidated who will now be linked with this huge disaster. QC's stock prices are going to go plummeting and no one is going to want to do business with them for PR reasons. Their brand is toxic now. It's just like what happened to Merlyn's company after his wrongdoings were exposed. And the QC board never had faith in Oliver anyway, considering how quickly they dumped him for Isabel. Isabel turning out to be crazy doesn't automatically make Oliver a good businessman in their eyes.
    Ok, this makes perfect sense. I can see the company being so devalued by this point as to be worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Well, with Slade locked up in a hole in the ground and Isobel dead, they really have no way to prove that (in a a way that would satisfy the SEC) without Ollie also revealing his involvement.
    Well, the DO have her body, in full costume, surrounded by a bunch of de-powered thugs in Deathstroke masks....

Awwww Felicity looked so adorable when that Mirakuru Soldier grabbed her foot through the floor. All the while she's holding onto her product placement Windows Tablet. Talk about dedication.

Sara still makes terrible speeches. "I'm deciding my fate/destiny not letting it decide for me." SAY WHAAAAAATTTT??? Though I will miss her speeches. Hopefully we see some flashbacks of her time in the League.

I can't believe she gave Laurel her black leather jacket. Not that leather looks bad on her, but Laurel was reppin' the pantsuits hard. I have a feeling she's going to be the DA next season.

Is Rochev dead now? Nyssa stomped on her neck like a 3rd grader stomping on ants.

Slade will break out in the future. I would have just put an arrow in his other eye just to fudge with him.

I can't say I'm too interested in Thea's new storyline. But this is the first time she's had the chance to do anything significant in like....ever, so why not.

Next season can't come quick enough.

Great ep!!!!!

- Sarah passed the jacket and the torch to Laurel. I love Sarah but this was innevitable, so i´m glad they didn´t kill her to remove her for the equation.
    - I totally fell for Felicity and Ollie in the Masion. But the twist was great!!!! Felicity wasn´t the damsel in distress, she was an integral part in the plan!
    - Glad to see Diggle and Lyla having her own missión, and setting free the Squad to corner Amanda was great.
    - I´m the only one who love the scene with Harbinger in the helicopter, where she blows up the watchtower?
    - Summer Glau exit was abrupt. Love Summer, I feel they could use her more, but well... Isabel/Ravager is done.
    - Great to see Nyssa and the Legue. The exchange "I´m Nyssa, Daughter of Ra´s Al Ghul, Heir to the Deamon" and Felicity "I´m Felicity, MIT class of 09" was priceless.
    - Liked that Roy became Red Arrow/Speedy/Arsenal whatever, althought it was a little rushed.
    - Thea actually shoting Merlyn
    - When Thea found the red bow... I would lie if i didnt have the fantasy to se her Speedy persona.
    - Hope that Thea leaving with Merlyn doesnt mean she will become a villain. Like her final sentence in the letter "I will not be weak anymore"
    - Didn´t expected ARGUS and Amanda becoming the new focus of the Flashbacks.
    - Love the fight between Slade and Ollie, mixing the Present and Past. And Love that Slade was not killed.
    - Also love "Sarah death" in the Amazo, mirrowing her "death" in the Gambit. I will like to see how she ended up in the League.
    Last edited by Hephoenix; 05-15-2014 at 05:37 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Well, the DO have her body, in full costume, surrounded by a bunch of de-powered thugs in Deathstroke masks....
    Which, in and of itself, doesn't really prove anything. No one outside of Ollie's crew, ARGUS, and the League of Assassins even knows that Deathstroke exists, that Slade was behind the whole thing, or that's any connection between Isobel and Slade, and I don't see any of them giving on the record testimony to the police. Basically, all they have is Isobel's body, dressed in a leather jumpsuit (Nyssa removed her mask), dead from a broken neck in her office surrounded by Slade's soldiers. That's not proof of anything. The most logical conclusion, by an outside observer, would be that the Deathstrokes broke in and killed her before Arrow and company could take them down. To say nothing of the fact that ARGUS will most likely scoop up all the Mirakuru soldiers, to avoid anyone discovering the secret of Mirakuru by examining their blood (and, of course, to try and discover the secret themselves.

Pretty fantastic and satisfying finale! Glad Slade survived. I look forward to him either working for ARGUS or planning his second revenge. I'm sooooo happy the Ollicity thing didn't happen! I thought for a moment that the show creators gave in to the Twilight fanfic crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Well, this was a really cool finale. I like that Sara handed Laurel the jacket to signify her passing on the Black Canary moniker. I can't want to see what characters are introduced in season 3.
    I'm glad Sarah didn't die. But sad that Laurel will probably become Black Canary now. They're going to have to do a complete overhaul on her character as she was incredibly annoying this season.

So Det. Lance just died of internal injuries? Kinda anticlimactic.

Ultimate Member

Yeah given that last scene with her, it appears that Waller will be a major character in season 3.

Ultimate Member

Also, Amanda Waller will probably be a major character in season 3.

Good finale. In the comics Laurel is technically the second black canary first was her mother so glad they kept some of that in the show.She looks really good with teh jacket damn!!. Oliver and Felicty..dont know where there gonna go with that. Diggle is gonna be a dad yay!! im glad hes have a baby with lyla than with his brother's dead wife glad they dropped that story. Thea going with Malcolm..well at least she'll be badass and useful because she irritated me the most this season. and lastly Roy kicking ass with his red mask,arrows,bow and quiver was amazing

Retired

The way I see it, they set things up at the end where they are committed to bringing back only a minimum number of cast members. Ollie and Felicity have to come back--probably Laurel and probably Amanda in the flashbacks. Dig could leave to take care of his fatherly duties. Roy could leave to search for Thea.

No doubt they will be negotiating contracts with other actors. And when they know which other cast members are returning, they can adjust their plots accordingly.

On the other hand, by moving the flashbacks off the island, they've made a commitment to faking Hong Kong and possibly other intenational settings. That could increase the production costs if Ollie remains off the island for the flashbacks next season.

As far as Amanda threatening to destroy Starling City--my understanding was that she was trying to prevent a "zombie apocalypse." It seemed like Slade's army could increase and convert others, spreading out over the whole country--resulting in possibly millions of Mirakuru soldiers destroying towns and killing people. So from Waller's perspective, destroying Starling was necessary to stop the contagion at its source. It's still horrible--but Amanda seems quite capable of doing horrible things in the name of duty.

Member in Disguise

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    As far as Amanda threatening to destroy Starling City--my understanding was that she was trying to prevent a "zombie apocalypse." It seemed like Slade's army could increase and convert others, spreading out over the whole country--resulting in possibly millions of Mirakuru soldiers destroying towns and killing people. So from Waller's perspective, destroying Starling was necessary to stop the contagion at its source. It's still horrible--but Amanda seems quite capable of doing horrible things in the name of duty.
    I'm not sure I've seen any mention of Mirakuru being contagious, but it's an interesting thought!
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Ultimate Member

It isn't contagious. It's much more likely that Waller thought that the Mirakuru army would simply rampage across the country causing lots of property damage and killing/maiming lots of innocent people. A reasonable assumption, but she definitely overreacted (which Waller has done in the comics as well).

Season finale was pretty cool. I liked it. I would surprised in a couple of places. I didn't think Malcolm would really get shot. I also didn't think that Felicity would be kidnapped. I forgot about the hidden cameras in the house. I was hoping for a bit more action sequences from the background characters. We got the fight in the office and in the tunnel, but for some reason it didn't seem enough with the league of assassins helping out. And Malcolm didn't really do anything other than talk to Thea. The final battle between Oliver and Slade was pretty cool. And I liked the flashbacks. Oliver is now in Hong Kong and he'll probably be working for A.R.G.U.S. so that's cool. We know he has to get back to the island eventually.

For next season I wonder who will stick around. Will Diggle go off and be a father for a while now that he apparently has a kid? Will Lance survive? Sarah seems gone for next season. That is three major characters. Might be for the best though as I was beginning to think that there were two many cooks in the kitchen. Roy can fill the partner role for Oliver. Maybe Laurel becomes Canary if need-be. What we don't know is what Arrow is going to have to face now that Slade is defeated in the present. More random bad guys? I'm guessing/hoping we get away from Starling City as the obsession of the big bad dude for next season. Maybe the majority of the next season takes place in the past and the flashbacks are now flashforward segments. Going to be very interesting. Overall I was satisfied tonight.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 05-14-2014 at 10:06 PM.