Page 7 of 116 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Meh it made him look dumb. Well yes Dr. Strange a bullet could not kill that but come on its not like a standard bullet can put down the watcher either so clearly they are not firing run of the mill ammunition.
    Well, I finally read it, and I have to yes, it did make Strange look somewhat dumb. I mean, he's a doctor! I think he'd recognize a bullet hole, even it was giant sized.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Yeah does not seem we are making much progress. This is going to be slow. Marvel events never move quick enough, I suppose most comics are just not dense enough. I hate to be that guy but u can afford to be slower in a manga when ur coming out every week.
    It does seem to be moving along a bit slow, but to be fair, Aaron's got several groups going off in different directions, and that is going to slow things down. Plus, we have basically heard ahead of time that these things are happening, so that makes it seem like nothing 'new' is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangefan View Post
    Maybe Brevroot meant it makes everyone wish Strange had a book, period. People seem to want him there to show how important their story is, but they don't allow the character himself to be important. I need to really lower my expectations, and extend the time frame in which I assumed (which one should never do) Strange would get a bit more of the spotlight.
    Excellent point! It goes back to the idea of characters should have their own storylines advanced in some fashion, instead of doing nothing but supporting others. Or at least give them a fair share of the book to DO something important to the plot.

No, I don't think that's what Brevroot meant. But he's not going to have any choice, now that Strange is going to get a movie. I understand what you mean about lowering expectations, and just for STrange, but we just have to be a little more patient.

BANNED

On a more positive note, I'm adding this to the links. It's a list of tons of Dr. Strange comics and merchandise and STUFF!

The Howard Hallis Doctor Strange Collection

And you've got take a look at his COLLECTION displayed! Incredible! I love what he did to that window shade!

http://www.howardhallis.com/drstrange/sanctum/

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

^ His collection is superb. I forgot about his site. Thanks for the links.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    One thing I keep waffling on buying and reading is a 90's run where Doc is a young guy with shades?
    That was the last arc of David Quinn's run (Sorcerer Supreme #60-79). It's actually one of my favorites, despite being a divisive period among fans. I'd recommend picking it up and continuing through the end of the series with #90. You get lots of Warren Ellis and J.M. DeMatteis goodness!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Lopresti draws a great Strange! Too bad his work doesn't really jive with the current Marvel style...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

More pages in the preview for New Avengers Annual #1!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=21874

Pretty cool.

Ronald Salas
    Last edited by heiro5; 05-29-2014 at 07:46 PM.

BANNED

O_O

Holy cow. I'm used to seeing Ron Salas dark ink works. The COLOR! Wow. Great piece, with some awesome use of negative spaces and forms.

BANNED

Some new Strange pages from New Avengers 20. Looks like we'll FINALLY see what happened when Strange sold his soul, what, six issues later?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=53152

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

^ I hope there is a really good reason behind him doing that.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Alan Davis. I wish Marvel were giving us a good Dr Strange illustrated by this guy.

BANNED

Holy cow! Are those the interiors of that Stan Lee Meets Dr. Strange issue, or something else? Those are AWEsome! I can't understand how anyone could look at that and think, "Magic is too difficult," instead of "Magic is AMAZING!"

Fantastic Member

Makes us keep wishing for things we know we will never get. Lovely art, Mr. Davis.

Lately the promos makes me excited, and then it turns out that is all Strange has in the comic. I hope the 20th issue finally breaks that unhappy trend. Does Marvel know that Strange stole his facial hair back from Tony Stark/RDJ? Looks nice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    ^ I hope there is a really good reason behind him doing that.
    I hope these aren't the only two Doctor Strange pages in the issue. LOL!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strangefan View Post
    Makes us keep wishing for things we know we will never get. Lovely art, Mr. Davis.

Lately the promos makes me excited, and then it turns out that is all Strange has in the comic. I hope the 20th issue finally breaks that unhappy trend. Does Marvel know that Strange stole his facial hair back from Tony Stark/RDJ? Looks nice.
    LOL! Sometimes I wish Strange wasn't above doing some petty magic. It would be hilarious.

And scary how we are starting think alike when it comes to Strange in New Avengers.