Page 421 of 1489 FirstFirst ... 3213714114174184194204214224234244254314715219211421 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,315 of 22322

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The fact that Logan needed a death wish and a psychic suggestion to help the X-Men leaves him in a terrible place. He seems like a selfish guy who just wanted to get drunk and look for fights in bars.

"Hey, I happen to know where the New Mutants and Havok are kidnapped, now that I think about it we could go rescue them or something." What the ****. There is a lot of talk about how Rosenberg writes Scott badly but Logan is even worse.
    Wow, glad that i jumped ship after issue 17.

I guest that i should be thankfull for Duggan's Infinity Wacth, it was dissapointing but at least it established that Logan did try to save the X-Men before Rosenberg's Uncanny, it wasn't a great plan but it was something.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Come on, you guys know Wolverine is as much of a hero as Cyclops. No need to bash one character or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Come on, you guys know Wolverine is as much of a hero as Cyclops. No need to bash one character or the other.
    If it wasn't for Daniel Way and Jeph Loeb i would agreed with you

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

The fact that Logan needed a death wish and a psychic suggestion to help the X-Men leaves him in a terrible place. He seems like a selfish guy who just wanted to get drunk and look for fights in bars.

"Hey, I happen to know where the New Mutants and Havok are kidnapped, now that I think about it we could go rescue them or something." What the ****. There is a lot of talk about how Rosenberg writes Scott badly but Logan is even worse.
    To be fair, I think he only knew because Emma gave him the knowledge. She had already been imprisoned by O.N.E. (and attacked by Dani and crew) so she knew what they were up to.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Logan was busy getting drunk, mostly. And if a guy that previously disagreed with Scott so much he founded a school with is dead wife's name and took half the X-men with them, so he positioned himself as a leader of mutantkind, it's his job to do something when nearly all X-men disappeared.
    Aw, come on, Logan's a TRU HERO. He was totally going to do something selfless and awesome. That's why a telepath and precog felt they had to intervene. Mmm. Wait...

Shhh. Hero. Tru.

For the sake of fairness, wouldn't it be fair to assume Emma gave him the knowledge of the New Mutants and Havok's location? I'll always be down for mocking Logan's funeral-skipping shenanigans, but the jailbreak "delay" can't really be pined on him anymore, can it?

Anyway, on the subject of "It's not Logan's job to help out other mutants who actually TRY to do anything about anything!"...

Insert joke about Irony on cocaine or something.

I have a hard time believing that Logan wouldn't do something to help Scott without emma hving to mind control him.
    I guess even Wolverine isn't immune to make Emma look beter at his expense

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    If it wasn't for Daniel Way and Jeph Loeb i would agreed with you
    I’ll be honest, I may be one of the few Wolverine fans who kind of enjoyed that Logan wasn’t always a hero at his core. He was a ruthless bastard, though not as downright evil as Creed. But willing to commit evil acts in the name of his government masters (or Romulus, who was apparently behind it all). It was like Way and Loeb took Stryker’s line from X2 and ran with it in the books: “You were always an animal, Logan! I just gave you claws.”

But after being mind-wiped and brainwashed by Weapon X he kind of started over and is trying to be a better man. To me that’s okay honestly. I don’t need for him to have been a hero all along to root for him now.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'm not bashing Wolverine, I'm saying precisely that Rosenberg characterizes him badly because he is not heroic enough.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    What's return of wolverine sell number?
    It had a very bad drop off after issue 1, due to issue 1 having 70 variant covers all requiring different amounts of the base cover.

Return 1 was 260,410 (in reality this is closer to 100,00 without variants inflating it)
    Return 2 was 80,060
    Return 3 60,312
    Return 4 58,560
    Return 5 59,313
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 06-29-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’ll be honest, I may be one of the few Wolverine fans who kind of enjoyed that Logan wasn’t always a hero at his core. He was a ruthless bastard, though not as downright evil as Creed. But willing to commit evil acts in the name of his government masters (or Romulus, who was apparently behind it all). It was like Way and Loeb took Stryker’s line from X2 and ran with it in the books: “You were always an animal, Logan! I just gave you claws.”

But after being mind-wiped and brainwashed by Weapon X he kind of started over and is trying to be a better man. To me that’s okay honestly. I don’t need for him to have been a hero all along to root for him now.
    Logan was always a wild man with the heart of a beast, he did ruthless stuff at some point, but it stated that he did it because he didn't saw other choice at the moment, kill one being to save hundreds, like putting that bear at the beginning of the Wolverine mini out of comission. Way didn't do that, his Logan was just a puppet that followed orders and basically has no agency for most of his life worse than that he basically told us that any moment of his 80s and 90s incarnation were lies, he didn't even join the X-Men by his own will, he was send there by Romulus and then Xavier brainwashed him into a good guy, that for me just destroy him conceptually as a characther. Loeb goes even worse by implying that Logan founded Weapon X.

Is not even "He was bad, but now he wants redemption" is pretty much "he was always a bastard and only stopped being one because he was forced" that just make everything that i read about Logan from 77 to 94 (his best period) a lie and i'm simply not ok with that.
    Last edited by TheCape; 06-29-2019 at 10:25 AM.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

Alson Stryker was lying because Jackman Wolverine was pretty far for being what he described most of the time, even Classic Logan would think that he was too soft.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I have a hard time believing that Logan wouldn't do something to help Scott without emma hving to mind control him.
    I guess even Wolverine isn't immune to make Emma look beter at his expense
    Really? FUCKING REALLY?

Your blind hatred for Emma is absurd.

This is Logan being written 100% in character, one of the few times in the entire run that ANY character has been.

Especially since this entire run has just been one excuse after another to take a massive steaming dump all over Emma. I'm shocked you're not ecstatic over this run.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Really? FUCKING REALLY?

Your blind hatred for Emma is absurd.

This is Logan being written 100% in character, one of the few times in the entire run that ANY character has been.

Especially since this entire run has just been one excuse after another to take a massive steaming dump all over Emma. I'm shocked you're not ecstatic over this run.
    This isn't in character for Wolverine. He is better than this

IDK how this run gonna end, maybe it will have a good end for Emma. It's not like I say that IvX i sthe best event ever just because it screwed Emma
    And this will all be forgotten anyway, what the point

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This isn't in character for Wolverine. He is better than this

IDK how this run gonna end, maybe it will have a good end for Emma. It's not like I say that IvX i sthe best event ever just because it screwed Emma
    And this will all be forgotten anyway, what the point
    It's entirely in character for Logan. The only two people he gives two craps about (Jean and debatably Laura) are dead as far as he knows. Going out getting drunk and waiting for the end of the world is exactly what OML did.

I can only hope this run will be forgotten. But considering Hickman's "favorites" are Magneto and the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, I imagine this is setting up Mags, Sabretooth, Mystique, and Emma skulking around wondering how they can get those meddling X-Men before they stop their plans of world domination. I hope I'm wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It's entirely in character for Logan. The only two people he gives two craps about (Jean and debatably Laura) are dead as far as he knows. Going out getting drunk and waiting for the end of the world is exactly what OML did.

I can only hope this run will be forgotten. But considering Hickman's "favorites" are Magneto and the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, I imagine this is setting up Mags, Sabretooth, Mystique, and Emma skulking around wondering how they can get those meddling X-Men before they stop their plans of world domination. I hope I'm wrong though.
    You also forgot Kurt, Piort, Jubilee, Kitty, Rogue, Gambit, Storm, all of the are closer to Logan than Jean ever was (and he still cares about her), hell no one is more important for Logan than Kurt. I'm not going to debate about what Emma did, because i haven't read those issues, but saying that cares only about those 2 is a big lie.

Also Old Man Logan tried to kill himself because he was responsible for the X-Men's death and decided to kill his past in order to protect his new family (wich didn't pan out well).
    Last edited by TheCape; 06-29-2019 at 12:26 PM.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona