Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What suit is this on the far right?

Looks like Thomas Wayne's masquerade costume?

Extraordinary Member

Was pretty meh on this - I hadn't really paid attention to the solicits so was under the impression that Damian would be operating as a more morally ambiguous character than the pure evil possessed thing they're going with - just hope this doesn't end his character being ruined for a few cycles before he can be "redeemed".

What suit is this on the far right?

The mask reminds me of the one that Dr. Hurt wore during Morrison's run but I don't think that was a full on Batman costume was it?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Glad I decided to not waste money on this. I love Damian and I'm not going to pay money to watch DC drag him yet again.

For those who'd argue that "You have to support characters you like"

I'll make up by buying two copies of the Supersons blu ray
    He’s asking Nezha to bestow power onto him, so I have to wait and see this form.

It’s giving Slade and trigon vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Was pretty meh on this - I hadn't really paid attention to the solicits so was under the impression that Damian would be operating as a more morally ambiguous character than the pure evil possessed thing they're going with - just hope this doesn't end his character being ruined for a few cycles before he can be "redeemed".
    Agreed. They literally just finished bringing him back to a place where he was a usable hero. This conflict has overstayed its welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The mask reminds me of the one that Dr. Hurt wore during Morrison's run but I don't think that was a full on Batman costume was it?
    No, asides of mask it didn't look like Batman costume at all.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'm so torn on whether to read this. I have no interest in it based on the title but it is coming from Waid's surprisingly wonderful Batman Superman World's Finest.

I am confused as to why this wasn't dealt with in that book or why it's not a team Bat vs team Supes thing. It just comes off as random to build a Batman side-series (crossover?) from a Batman/Superman book that featured Supergirl and a different Robin.

I'll probably flick through a my LCS.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I'm so torn on whether to read this. I have no interest in it based on the title but it is coming from Waid's surprisingly wonderful Batman Superman World's Finest.

I am confused as to why this wasn't dealt with in that book or why it's not a team Bat vs team Supes thing. It just comes off as random to build a Batman side-series (crossover?) from a Batman/Superman book that featured Supergirl and a different Robin.

I loved the Word Finest arc that sparked this. I do not like Batman vs Robin. It has not the same vibe at all.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I can't believe y'all read a comic where the Devil possessed Robin to the point where he pops some caps in Batman's ass and can still say it's boring.
    "Cable was right!"

I can't believe y'all read a comic where the Devil possessed Robin to the point where he pops some caps in Batman's ass and can still say it's boring.
    I've read enough comics that had Damian punch Bruce in the face and yell at him in the last few years and those put more thought into their father son relationship than Waid did here.

Tomasi and Williamson had resolved their issues. It was time to move on from this conflict storyline, not to regurgitate it.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

I was hoping for something more in line with the tone in Worlds Finest so this was a little disapointing for me. We've had years of stories with Bruce and Damian fighting eachother, I want fun adventures featuring a father son duo.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Fantastic Member

I thought it was a good first issue. My biggest gripe was the mention of Martha Wayne, I felt that went way too far. I didn't think that line needed to be in there.

Why is it so hard to get Batman and Robin working together consistently?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I know I'm pretty much alone on this....but I think it's that system isn't working. There hasn't been an overarching plan or boundaries for the characters. Right now, writers rule. They pitch a story, and the story doesn't have to fit the character. No one is coordinating to make sure the story flows.

Just think, in a single day, two separate books are released in which Damian is possessed AND Damian is battling Bruce AND Damian is separated from the family. Two in one day. Pfft, even in Knightwatch he's away. That all points to a total lack of coordination. No one says, hey, we're are writing this possession story, sorry that pitch won't work. Or Damian sells his soul for power/bring back Alfred...hmm, Damian just matured and accepted Alfred's death 3 months ago...and just sold his soul to the devil for power and to bring back Bruce.

Plus, right now writers get to pick how old each Robin is. So, if Tim is your favorite Robin, and btw it suits us to get publicity for an "out" Robin, we can deage him so that he works as a 16 year old junior partner again, despite him having been an adult hero before.

Also, this lack of coordination means there aren't a lot of Batman and Robin fight bad guy books as each writer is trying to create their "mark" on the character and their opus.

Part of what was fun about World's Finest was that it was Batman, Robin and Superman fight bad guys....and didn't feel like someone was trying to "put their mark" on the characters.
    Last edited by OOPS; 09-15-2022 at 01:44 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    Well, I know I'm pretty much alone on this....but I think it's that system isn't working. There hasn't been an overarching plan or boundaries for the characters. Right now, writers rule. They pitch a story, and the story doesn't have to fit the character. No one is coordinating to make sure the story flows.

Just think, in a single day, two separate books are released in which Damian is possessed AND Damian is battling Bruce AND Damian is separated from the family. Two in one day. Pfft, even in Knightwatch he's away. That all points to a total lack of coordination. No one says, hey, we're are writing this possession story, sorry that pitch won't work. Or Damian sells his soul for power/bring back Alfred...hmm, Damian just matured and accepted Alfred's death 3 months ago...and just sold his soul to the devil for power and to bring back Bruce.

Plus, right now writers get to pick how old each Robin is. So, if Tim is your favorite Robin, and btw it suits us to get publicity for an "out" Robin, we can deage him so that he works as a 16 year old junior partner again, despite him having been an adult hero before.

Also, this lack of coordination means there aren't a lot of Batman and Robin fight bad guy books as each writer is trying to create their "mark" on the character and their opus.

Part of what was fun about World's Finest was that it was Batman, Robin and Superman fight bad guys....and didn't feel like someone was trying to "put their mark" on the characters.
    That's what I loved about World's Finest, and despite the dire title here I was still hoping that tone might continue.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Damian doesn’t really work as Bruce Wayne’s Robin. He was fantastic as Dick Grayson’s Robin. Bruce and Damian don’t complement one another, so writers fall into the plot of having them at odds over and over. Authoritarian mentor + rebellious sidekick = conflict.
    Cheers - CL