Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2478

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I'd have a special ops team featuring:
    Elektra
    Winter Soldier
    Domino
    Black Widow or Mockingbird
    Deadpool
    I like all of those characters but as a group, they all kind of bring the same sort of skill. Each one kind of needs a role or else it's not a very special or balanced team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Sweet! Now ass we need is an actual trailer!
    YESSS!!! MY GOD YESS can't wait to see Elektra get a second shot at live action, Elodie yung looks great can't wait to see her put on Elektra's scarlet custom and use her trade mark sais.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Looking at stills from G.I. Joe Retaliation, I never realized how short Elodie Yung is.

It's pretty funny when you think about it. Elodie played a ninja warrior who wore all red in G.I. Joe. She auditioned for the role of WW, a Greek superheroine, but didn't get it. Now she's another Greek superhero/anti-heroine and is again in all red as Elektra. Haha. What a ride.

I know! Seeing the DD cast at the con that debuted the S2 trailer was crazy. I think, without her heels, she's the shortest cast member.

Hope everyone had a safe and fun holiday season! Now maybe we can get back to "normal" and get that trailer! It's debuting in March (season two), right?!

Astonishing Member

Ah Elektra.

I have to admit being Greek-American I was always happy there was at least ONE comic book character who was Greek and didn't just have the Greek Mythology as their basis.

But I also have to admit to not knowing her as much as I could.

I was a bit dissapointed that they didn't get an actual Greek actress to play her role in the DD show but she'll do fine I think. Ah, maybe next time.

While I don't follow Elektra much I did like the take on her that existed in MC2. I loved the idea of her and Wolverine semi-retired raising their daughter Rina/Wild Thing together. Just wish they had her and Rina show up more together.

As a CoC update (am I the only one reading this title?), from #4:

spoilers:
    Altektra is in the process of beating Full-time Guillotine when Stick intervenes. Here we learn that after Altektra was turned away from the Chaste, she apparently lost any sense of 'good'. She killed both Foggy and DD. Stick, however, defeats her, because he's an awesome badass in this book. We'll see what happens in the next battle, but this book is better than I thought it would be. I started with issue one, so finding out an Altektra would be involved has been a pleasant surprise.
    end of spoilers

The release date has been announced Elektra fans (I am not sure what we call our fan group...)

On March 18, I will finally get to see a proper live portrayal of Elektra! Also based on Cox's comments about her, being an ex girlfriend from the past who's now an assassin, I am pretty thrilled to hear that they are actually going by the source material.

Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    As a CoC update (am I the only one reading this title?), from #4:

spoilers:
    Altektra is in the process of beating Full-time Guillotine when Stick intervenes. Here we learn that after Altektra was turned away from the Chaste, she apparently lost any sense of 'good'. She killed both Foggy and DD. Stick, however, defeats her, because he's an awesome badass in this book. We'll see what happens in the next battle, but this book is better than I thought it would be. I started with issue one, so finding out an Altektra would be involved has been a pleasant surprise.
    end of spoilers
    I think you are lol! I'm just going to wait patiently for the real Elektra to show up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    The release date has been announced Elektra fans (I am not sure what we call our fan group...)

On March 18, I will finally get to see a proper live portrayal of Elektra! Also based on Cox's comments about her, being an ex girlfriend from the past who's now an assassin, I am pretty thrilled to hear that they are actually going by the source material.

Super excited! Now I need to finish my thesis so I don't feel so bad watching it when it's released
    Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I think you are lol! I'm just going to wait patiently for the real Elektra to show up again.
    Haha, me too friend. I'm hoping it's sooner rather than later....Altektra just doesn't cut it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Ah Elektra.

I have to admit being Greek-American I was always happy there was at least ONE comic book character who was Greek and didn't just have the Greek Mythology as their basis.

But I also have to admit to not knowing her as much as I could.

I was a bit dissapointed that they didn't get an actual Greek actress to play her role in the DD show but she'll do fine I think. Ah, maybe next time.
    Well, to be fair, as a fellow Greek, there aren't any good actresses here that both look the part, can act well and can speak fluent English. A European actress like Elodie is the next best thing IMO.

Oh, hey BTW. First time posting here but I read the thread pretty often. Elektra being one of the few Greek characters in comics was reason enough for me to like her, but she's also an excellent and layered character, which is always a plus. You ask me, I'd love to see a revamped Secret Avengers title with her and Morbius (as the brains). Both being Greek would be a chance to both have them explore their cultural origins a bit.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I recently finish Miller's run on DD. I got the omnibus for Xmas. It was pretty good, and I enjoyed that it had none of the tropes that have become staples of Miller's writing. The only comic that had Miller tropes were at the tale end of his series. Super excited for Elektra still. Make me believe, Elodie!
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 01-08-2016 at 02:17 AM.

The teaser was cool, and I'm kinda glad they didn't show Elektra. I think I would like my first time seeing her, on screen, to be during her episode debut...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    The teaser was cool, and I'm kinda glad they didn't show Elektra. I think I would like my first time seeing her, on screen, to be during her episode debut...
    I am kind of glad that they aren't showing much of her either since I want to be surprised. I just wish she was getting as much attention as the Punisher is. I know he's a very popular character but I am way more excited to see the beautiful assassin!

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    I recently finish Miller's run on DD. I got the omnibus for Xmas. It was pretty good, and I enjoyed that it had none of the tropes that have become staples of Miller's writing. The only comic that had Miller tropes were at the tale end of his series. Super excited for Elektra still. Make me believe, Elodie!
    Yeah I very much enjoyed Miller's DD run and his introduction of Elektra was brilliant. Mind me asking but where did you get the omnibus and how much did it end up costing?

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Super excited! Now I need to finish my thesis so I don't feel so bad watching it when it's released
    Good luck with your thesis! Just focus on getting that done and right so you have time to enjoy the series when it premieres!
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm also not reading Contest of Champions. Seems no one is and no one will be shocked when it's cancelled with issue #6.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime