Page 190 of 211 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3162

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And they both looked like they were 12 not seasoned veterans.

And they got the uniforms right but the actors didn't really look like the comics.

Yeah they both look waaay too young. I'll have to research the book to learn more.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

I went and saw The Hurricane Heist today. Fine to watch once, but otherwise as big and dumb as you might expect.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

a Wrinkle in Time . well I thought the movie had nice visuals . I also thought the overall story of the movie was a highly convoluted mess.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

I watched D.A.R.Y.L. last night.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I recently picked up my habit of watching a movie every week at the theatre, and the movies I saw were 'Call Me By Your Name', 'Jusqu'a La Garde', and 'Lumière: L'Aventure Commence'. The latter was a documentary, and all three were pretty damn good.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Thor Ragnarok and man I loved it as much as I did in theaters. I forgot how good some of the action sequences were. Best use of Thor in the MCU

Suicide Squad, fun enough and man i just love that joker.

Also Wonder Woman. Good, the two main actors are very likable. The story didn't make a lot of sense but the execution was pleasant. I'm not going to lie, i truly don't see what the big deal is with that movie but yeah, i was entertained.

I watched Guy Richie’s Sherlock Holmes with RDJ. I love those films and really hope we get a trilogy.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post

Also Wonder Woman. Good, the two main actors are very likable. The story didn't make a lot of sense but the execution was pleasant. I'm not going to lie, i truly don't see what the big deal is with that movie but yeah, i was entertained.
    With Wonder Woman, I think a lot of the hype was because it's a movie that folks have wanted for a long time, but also worried that it might be a mess. So when it came out and it was actually a good film, some folks may have over praised it. I personally thought it was a good film.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post

I thought SS was anything but fun and i disliked the Joker.

WW was big deal because it was a DC film as fun and good as what Marvel has been doing AND, and it's a big AND, it was a movie whose main atar was a woman and did as well as one with a male protagonist. Hollywood has a mindset that women can't open big movies. This proved that idea wrong.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Rising Sun (1993) starring Connery and Snipes. This was a really fun and thoughtful thriller crime mystery film. Based off of some Michael Crichton book I never read and don't intend to. Crichton wanted to warn the US a bit about the possible downsides to foreign purchase of US companies, especially technology companies. So the film is about corporate culture, US vs Japan. Connery and Snipes are a fun detective duo with Connery being the LA japanese culture guru guiding Snipes.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-12-2018 at 02:32 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    I watched Guy Richie’s Sherlock Holmes with RDJ. I love those films and really hope we get a trilogy.
    Me too! The first movie, in particular, is well worth multiple viewings.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    I enjoy both the films. They are a blast to watch.

Death of Stalin Wasn’t sure what to expect, but I enjoyed this... Their exaggerated British and American accents while supposed to be Russians was good.

Paths of Glory: A few things first. First. How on earth was this film made in 1957? It just might have come out last year. Only in black and white. Second, how did someone make a war movie in under two hours? Its crazy that it tells so much within 1 hour and 28 minutes. That's not even an hour and a half.

I am not going to say that its awesome. Its a rare Kubrick film which i love in my first watch. Its first half was really entertaining. The 'charge scene' has to be its highest point. I will put that war scene on the level of the Apocalypse Now scene of 'attacking the village'. Its a breathtaking scene. I enjoyed the film till the court scenes. After that i kind of lost interest.

Not because its bad or anything like that. But because its so unconventional. That ending in particular looked like it belongs to another film. Yet, they all mean something. There was this character in relation to a scene in the beginning which i thought made no sense considering its place. This character appeared vile. But later in the film he comes across as a more complex and nuanced character. He does not do much. Yet, one feels wrong in thinking of him as evil. I am going to watch it again and again. After all its a breeze to go through. And i can't help escape the feeling that i watched something truly brilliant. Only, i wasn't paying attention.

spoilers:
    I will add a few more things here. I do understand the point of the ending. A respite for the soldiers. But it was supposed to be a German song. Does it mean its deliberately anti-patriotic? Something which connects people as human beings which we all are. And man its amazing that there's no resolution or character arcs which make things entertaining in films. At best the general gets caught in the inquiry. Maybe a reason why i wasn't enjoying after the court scenes was because i kept hoping that they will be saved in the last minute. Its shocking. Only after the film while thinking about it i felt that familiar choking feeling which is when i feel sad while watching a film. The film has no frills. Its so fast.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-13-2018 at 06:43 AM.