Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Steve Ditko has died at 90 years old

Hey everyone,

Steve Ditko, co-creator of the Amazing Spider-Man, Doctor Stephen Strange, Blue Beetle, the Question, and Squirrel Girl has just died. He was 90, and Marvel will be sure to commemorate him in some way.

I thought that we could take this time to remember the stories that made us look up to Steve, and say which ones made the most impact on us. It can be any Ditko story, whether Spidey, Strange, or even his DC work, but what was the story that made you admire him?

For me, Ditko solidified his place in my Spider-Man memory with ASM Annual #1. That was 72 pages of action, heart, drama, classic Spidey villains, and amazing artwork. It truly made me value Ditko and his contributions to the mythos.

Thanks in advance for this guys.
    Last edited by WebSlingWonder; 07-06-2018 at 06:24 PM.

He created Squirrel Girl as well!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think I'm gonna be sick. This is hitting me pretty hard for some reason. Rest in Peace... I don't know what else to say.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He created Squirrel Girl as well!
    That's right! I'll update it.

How sad, a true legend has departed this world. My thoughts are with his friends and family.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    I think I'm gonna be sick. This is hitting me pretty hard for some reason. Rest in Peace... I don't know what else to say.
    Hope you're okay. I know it hits all of us in different ways. He made a major impact on our lives.

Rest in Peace and thank you for everything, Mr. Ditko.

I didn't really know much about the man until I saw this brilliant documentary. Highly recommended if you're looking for insight on the talented individual that gave us the world's greatest superhero.

Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

big part of my childhood just died, hard..

BANNED

I'm having difficulty trying to process this in a respectful way as the Man is a true Legend in comics, but his recluse lifestyle makes things a bit harder to see him in a positive light outside of his iconic work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I'm having difficulty trying to process this in a respectful way as the Man is a true Legend in comics, but his recluse lifestyle makes things a bit harder to see him in a positive light outside of his iconic work.
    I'm sure he had his reasons. For now, I just want all of us to mark down at least one story that he drew/wrote that had a major impact. Whatever his lifestyle was after that has no bearing here.

Steve Ditko has always remained a sort of enigma among comic book creatives, in no small part to his very private nature (though his personal philosophy is known and well-implemented into some of the characters he created), but his immense contributions to the genre, both from a stylistic, story, and character standpoint, is a testament to his impact.

RIP Mr. Ditko.

RIP Steve Ditko. From Spider-Man and Doctor Strange to Blue Beetle and The Question. The comic book industry, and the entertainment industry as a whole, will not forget.

I only can say, RIP Mr Dikto, you helped to create my favorite superhero and your contributions to the industry would never be forgotten.

He was my favorite artist of that era of comics by far. In addition to Spider-Man and Dr. Strange, I was also a huge fan of his Charlton Comics work. I re-read his Captain Atom and Blue Beetle comics every year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    Rest in Peace and thank you for everything, Mr. Ditko.

I didn't really know much about the man until I saw this brilliant documentary. Highly recommended if you're looking for insight on the talented individual that gave us the world's greatest superhero.

Thank you so much for this documentary! I just finished watching it and it was very informative.