Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    And yet, there was no war quite like Nam.

I agree that Marvel will de-emphasize Vietnam like it did the Korean War for Ben Grimm and Reed Richards. Oddly enough, they haven't yet changed the fact that the impetus for the FF was the space race of the 1960s era. Or have they?
    Grimm and Richards were shown to have served in WWII. It was Xavier and Marko who were in Korea.

Incredible Member

Its hard to tell.

I think Peter Parker should be late 20's early 30's. Which makes the original X-Men to be around that age bracket as well.

Canonball is 22.

Jubilee is 17. (which makes no sense because Dick Grayson is in his mid twenties and they kissed/dated)

Rogue is around 24/25

Jessica Drew mid 30's

Miles Morales is 19 I think.

how fun!

Captain America is about 27

Iron Man 32

Thor is at least 1500 years old, but looks about 32

Hank Pym 30

Janet Pym 24

Hulk 37

Hawkeye is about 26

Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch are both 25

Mister Fantastic 42

The Thing 40

Invisible Woman is about 29

Human Torch is about 22

Spider-Man is about 21

Daredevil is about 29

She-Hulk is about 28

Cyclops is about 24

Professor X 50

Wolverine: ?

Nightcrawler 20

Storm is about 20

Colossus is about 19

Shadowcat is about 16

Banshee is about 42

If you go by Bendis' Spider-Woman origin I'm putting Jess in her early 30s (30-33). I think Carol is older than Jess, so I'd put her in her late 30s (37ish). And seeing the most recent appearances of Crystal - I'm putting her at around 30?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Rogue was about 17-18 when she first appeared, and then joined the X-Men about 2 years later in continuity? At that time Kitty would have been 16.

So if Kitty is 23 that would make Rogue 26-27.

Stark, Banner and Pym are all about the same age, having started off at 30. That would make them in their early 40's now.

Cap, according to the movie , was born on July 4 1918 (you see it on one is his application forms I think) meaning in 1944 he would be 26, 27 when he went into the ice, and between 38 and 40 now in the comics.
    If Rogue is 26-27 now, then Carol has to be 38-39 now. Carol is 12 years older than Rogue is. If Rogue was 17 in Avengers Annual #10. The Same issue states that Carol was 29 at the time.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    And yet, there was no war quite like Nam.

I agree that Marvel will de-emphasize Vietnam like it did the Korean War for Ben Grimm and Reed Richards. Oddly enough, they haven't yet changed the fact that the impetus for the FF was the space race of the 1960s era. Or have they?
    I believe they did in one of the earlier Marvel 2 for/in one (whatever the Thing/Torch book is called) issues

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    If Rogue is 26-27 now, then Carol has to be 38-39 now. Carol is 12 years older than Rogue is. If Rogue was 17 in Avengers Annual #10. The Same issue states that Carol was 29 at the time.
    probably. but, physically, Carol's in her prime. that's just how that kree stuff works. I thought that Rogue was the same age as Bobby Drake.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Grimm and Richards were shown to have served in WWII. It was Xavier and Marko who were in Korea.
    in the Marvel Knights 4 book, they altered it so that an ancestor of Reed (a lookalike) served in the war.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Jubilee is 17. (which makes no sense because Dick Grayson is in his mid twenties and they kissed/dated)
    That was the Tim Drake!Robin who she got paired with in Marvel vs. DC.

Miles is also definitely in High School so he's 16/17.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Last time they mentioned Tony's age was when Fraction was writing him and he stated he was 35.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Last time they mentioned Tony's age was when Fraction was writing him and he stated he was 35.
    that makes sense. he was teasing Scott Lang about being old. and Scott (in his thought bubble) remarked about Tony being older. that put them at 34 and 35 respectively; depending on how much time has passed since Fraction's run.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    That was Tim Drake...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    in the Marvel Knights 4 book, they altered it so that an ancestor of Reed (a lookalike) served in the war.
    Marvel Knights isn't Marvel 616.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    A lot of colonels in the US military are under the age of 30.

George Armstrong Custer was born on December 5, 1839 and promoted to Colonel on September 19, 1864. That means Custer was 24 years and 9 months (three months before his 25th birthday) when he was promoted to colonel.

George Washington was born on February 22, 1732 and promoted to Colonel on August 14, 1755. Washington was only 23 years old when he was promoted to colonel.
    You had to go back 150 years to find prominent examples. Times when people under the age of 18 were allowed in the armed forces. That hasn't happened (legitimately) for a long long time. https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-av...he-US-military

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    You had to go back 150 years to find prominent examples. Times when people under the age of 18 were allowed in the armed forces. That hasn't happened (legitimately) for a long long time. https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-av...he-US-military
    During the time of WWII, there were a lot of officers in the US Army Airforce under the age of 30.