View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 54 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758641041545541054 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    So many things to love about this!!! LOVE that Karma is the leader (she needs more respect). Love the allies like Rockslide, Dazzler, Aurora, Pixie and Emma (who I still 100% support the trans theory). And the inclusion of Gambit is awesome too. AND (like the all female team) it actually makes so much sense to have these characters on a team; works perfectly.

Gambit had the first LGBT kiss of Marvel comics (and I could easily see him as being bi, many writers write him with that in mind, they just don't say it).

The X-verse has always done the best job of LGBT representation at Marvel; the comics often use very clear LGBT metaphors in their stories, plus they had the first gay wedding. I'd love to see an LGBT and allies X-team.

I see no reason why "evil" Fantomex isn't bi, like the rest of the Fantomexes. And Iceman is a total queen; and his inevitable outing is coming
    I've never heard this Emma trans theory...

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I've never heard this Emma trans theory...
    I wish I could remember who created it. Basically Emma IS her brother Christian. She spent time in a mental asylum (as Christian) and when she came out she had a sex change and became "his sister Emma". It helps add weight to Emma's personality when we first meet her (when she's very sexual, and man hating) as she transitions, to who she is now. Also adds emotional power to why she was cast out by her family. So basically the theory is Emma is a post-op transgender. There is more to it than that, but it's the rough gist.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Considering Valkyrie had a relationship with Venom, I'd say that she's more than just bisexual...

I wish I could remember who created it. Basically Emma IS her brother Christian. She spent time in a mental asylum (as Christian) and when she came out she had a sex change and became "his sister Emma". It helps add weight to Emma's personality when we first meet her (when she's very sexual, and man hating) as she transitions, to who she is now. Also adds emotional power to why she was cast out by her family. So basically the theory is Emma is a post-op transgender. There is more to it than that, but it's the rough gist.
    Yeah... I don't buy it. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Considering Valkyrie had a relationship with Venom, I'd say that she's more than just bisexual...
    I'm not following the logic...???

Missed this the first time round... so Danger is LGBT?

Missed this the first time round... so Danger is LGBT?

If anything bi curious.

Correct; Asexual. I never said it did.
    There are just as many Allies as Queer X-men on your main squad there. How is it an LGBTQIA team if allies outnumber them?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    There are just as many Allies as Queer X-men on your main squad there. How is it an LGBTQIA team if allies outnumber them?
    The Mighty Avengers is a black Avengers team and not everyone is black. I've already stated my reasons. If they aren't in the gay community they are associated either within the comic world or through their fan base.
    Last edited by NewMutant; 09-12-2014 at 01:34 AM.

The Mighty Avengers is a black Avengers team and not everyone is black. I've already stated my reasons. If they aren't in the gay community they are associated either with the comic world or through their fan base.
    Agreed! Emma, Dazzler, Rockslide, Pixie earned their ally card years ago. It would be like having an LGBT panel show with Elizabeth Taylor, Liza Minnelli and Joan Rivers on it. They fight/fort for LGBT rights (more so than plenty of LGBT people, even). They work perfectly on an LGBT X-team.

The Mighty Avengers is a black Avengers team and not everyone is black. I've already stated my reasons. If they aren't in the gay community they are associated either within the comic world or through their fan base.
    1. The majority of the Mighty Avengers are Black. 2. The members who aren't Black include White Tiger and She-Hulk. At the moment She-Hulk is the only member of the team who is White. That's still a 6 to 2 ratio

As long as some of the members of the team are LGBT and the rest are "Allies" then the team can count as LGBT? Then by your logic Marjorie Liu's Astonishing X-men was an LGBT team since it had Karma and Northstar and people joke that Wolverine, Gambit and Iceman are all bisexual and are at least "allies" and that Warbird was a lesbian.

Agreed! Emma, Dazzler, Rockslide, Pixie earned their ally card years ago. It would be like having an LGBT panel show with Elizabeth Taylor, Liza Minnelli and Joan Rivers on it. They fight/fort for LGBT rights (more so than plenty of LGBT people, even). They work perfectly on an LGBT X-team.
    I might give a pass for Emma or Dazzler, and even Gambit. But Rockslide and Pixie haven't really done anything other than act like decent friends to Anole

Psylocke was actually in a relationship with Cluster. Mercury has agreed to try going out with Bling!

There's plenty of X-men characters who have larger queer fanbases. Storm, Kitty, Rachel, Magik, Dani Moonstar, I could go on.

1. The majority of the Mighty Avengers are Black. 2. The members who aren't Black include White Tiger and She-Hulk. At the moment She-Hulk is the only member of the team who is White. That's still a 6 to 2 ratio

As long as some of the members of the team are LGBT and the rest are "Allies" then the team can count as LGBT? Then by your logic Marjorie Liu's Astonishing X-men was an LGBT team since it had Karma and Northstar and people joke that Wolverine, Gambit and Iceman are all bisexual and are at least "allies" and that Warbird was a lesbian.

I might give a pass for Emma or Dazzler, and even Gambit. But Rockslide and Pixie haven't really done anything other than act like decent friends to Anole

Psylocke was actually in a relationship with Cluster. Mercury has agreed to try going out with Bling!

There's plenty of X-men characters who have larger queer fanbases. Storm, Kitty, Rachel, Magik, Dani Moonstar, I could go on.
    I don't agree with you, you don't agree with me. As previously stated its fan fiction. Let it go.

And Liu's team as well as the Second Coming Hellbound team were the closest gay centric team we've had. Technically all the X-Men would be "allies" as the entire series is about acceptance. I picked characters that were being unused, underdeveloped, and personal favorites. Pixie is a pink fairy with a connection to Dazzler and Anole; their relationship is comparable to the Dazzler/Northstar relationship. Rockslide is the only solid oddball in the group and I added him for dynamic and power set. Most of the characters you've listed have a larger more fanbase in general. Based on your suggestions adjectiveless X-Men is already a queer team.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I'm not following the logic...???
    Venom is half-alien, so technically, she was sleeping with an alien blob.

Venom is all alien...

When Valkyrie slept with Flash, there was no symbiont. If you remember after the station was attacked and their room lost decompression, Flash was in real danger precisely because he was without his symbiont.

Rockslide helped Anole come out, and instantly reinforced him being gay with love and acceptance. Coming out is one of the hardest things, and Rockslide made it safe and easy for Anole. He also encourages him to date, and is always there for him. Plus... if you think Rockslide wouldn't beat down anyone who EVER through shade on Anole being gay, you have just not read enough Anole/Rockslide issues.

Notice Rockslide is thrilled, and showing his support for Anole by putting his hand on his shoulder. He's a glorious ally!!!

How did we forget Storm??? (though she's arguably bi, so not therefore an ally #oneofusoneofus)
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 09-12-2014 at 10:46 AM.