Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast

She had plans to destroy Xavier’s brain, anyway. That clearly wasn’t what was making Rogue respond to Magneto like that. It was just shitty, tonedeaf writing.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Rogue was so into Wanda, too bad wanda was too worreid about wonder man
    Was this before or after Rogue Snikt'd Wanda?
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    She had plans to destroy Xavier’s brain, anyway. That clearly wasn’t what was making Rogue respond to Magneto like that. It was just shitty, tonedeaf writing.
    Right she bbqueued the brain. Remender just looooooves using character to express his own opinions. It just so happens that he has terrible opinions.

The problem with Remender in the X-Men is that he is not exactly the most progressive comic writer there is. Especially on race issues.

BANNED

Or gender equality. Or homophobia. Or....

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I take it you never saw that time Carol Danvers chastised him for criticizing her methods, as "one of these guys who associates stuff with nazism". The fact that they had her saying that to a literal Holocaust survivor shows tone deafness knows no limits.
    At least in that instance, it was a writer trying to make a deliberate point about how careless comparisons can escalate a situation. Problem was, he was misinformed about which heroes actually knew about Magneto's past, so the scene came off VERY differently than he'd intended. He apologized for it once he realized and tried to get the wording altered for the TPB.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Right she bbqueued the brain. Remender just looooooves using character to express his own opinions. It just so happens that he has terrible opinions.
    She did that after the lobotomy though, the plan was to separate the minds first

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Was this before or after Rogue Snikt'd Wanda?
    After, the Sniktin' was issue #14

I do wonder how Hickman and Remender got on, they were working for the avengers office at the same time

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    At least in that instance, it was a writer trying to make a deliberate point about how careless comparisons can escalate a situation. Problem was, he was misinformed about which heroes actually knew about Magneto's past, so the scene came off VERY differently than he'd intended. He apologized for it once he realized and tried to get the wording altered for the TPB.
    Tbf Carol is the kind of person to tell a holocaust survivor to get over it. she's literally a fascist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    She did that after the lobotomy though, the plan was to separate the minds first

After, the Sniktin' was issue #14

I do wonder how Hickman and Remender got on, they were working for the avengers office at the same time
    I think Hickman stayed mute when literally every Marvel employee was kissing Remender's ring online during #fireRemender

I think Hickman stayed mute when literally every Marvel employee was kissing Remender's ring online during #fireRemender
    He's a canny one, ol' Hickman, which is definitely reassuring and exciting for the X-Men.

He was very switched on in the podcast. I'm much happier and optimistic after hearing it.

I'm not sure Remender's writing was made to take seriously... If it was, he sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I'm not sure Remender's writing was made to take seriously... If it was, he sucked.
    I loved X-Force, I hated his Avengers. That version of Rogue, especially coming after X-Men Legacy Rogue, was sooo bad. I recently reread Duggan run and it was a pleasure to read it again. I remember being so happy that he saved her, because her portrayal under Remender was so shitty. Also RoguexDeadpool forever. And Synapse is the only Inhuman I can tolerate.

Him doubling down on the “M Word” speech by having everyone on the team “own” Sunfire and Rogue and treat them like they were the main problem was...........something that happened. I actually want to know what Remender thinks about mutant culture and unity being a thing and Havok embracing it fully. Especially since he’s a writer who loves breaking ****.

Him doubling down on the “M Word” speech by having everyone on the team “own” Sunfire and Rogue and treat them like they were the main problem was...........something that happened. I actually want to know what Remender thinks about mutant culture and unity being a thing and Havok embracing it fully. Especially since he’s a writer who loves breaking ****.

Remender Rogue and Wanda:

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Hickman's dialogue is so preachy and expository!... oh

Gross so gross.

Then she damn near had an orgasm when she found out she wasn't a mutant to boot.