Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    They did. They STARTED the war, remember, on Geonosis. Yes, Sidious had manipulated (and would continue to manipulate) events to create the situation where the Jedi were left with the choices they had, but it was a Jedi invasion of Geonosis to rescue Obi-Wan that started the Clone Wars. They did so of their own volition, AFTER the Senate had approved the creation of a Republic Army which could have been left to handle things.

It's true that the war was coming either way. Sidious calling the shots on both sides assured it. But nobody forced the Jedi to lead troops during the war. They did so because they believed the Sith controlled the Separatists. Sidious' only manipulation of the Jedi at that point was dangling Dooku out as Darth Tyrannus, bait to an organization eager to end the threat of the hated Sith.
    If I may inject myself in this debate The Jedi really didn't have a lot of other options. Thier choices seemed to be either A. Join the war and try to keep a darksider from taking over the galaxy or B. Sit there and do nothing. Option B seems outright selfish IMO. If I may make an example from legends it's kind of like the Mandalorian Wars. The Republic was under attack and the Jedi shouldn't abandon them. The point I'm making is that it's kind of a catch 22 situation.

so when should we start to see early reviews? When is the Hollywood premiere?

Hollywood premiere is Monday I think; Review embargo lifts Wednesday.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

So it really seems like they're setting it up that Palpatine was the big bad behind it all the whole time. I wonder if general audiences will be okay with this.

General moviegoers will probably be receptive. Hardcore SW fans will be satisfied I think if it doesn't mess up Anakin's Chosen One role. If it does I think they'll be pissed.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    So it really seems like they're setting it up that Palpatine was the big bad behind it all the whole time. I wonder if general audiences will be okay with this.
    I think they will be more upset if all the Skywalkers are dead and Rey turns out to be related to Palpatine. Which means that the movie was really about the rise of the Palpatine's.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 12-14-2019 at 10:42 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

It looks like some aspects of the big battle scene have been changed. The earlier trailers show ships in more of a daytime setting, but a new clip shows one of the same clips and it's changed to the big dark, cloudy stormy thing we've seen in most trailers since.

Wonder in what context. Should be easy for Ashley Eickstein to appear as the character, she "cosplayed" as her once.

That could also fit somewhat with the rumors about a Rebels follow-up as well.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 12-15-2019 at 08:31 AM.

Been wondering the past couple days if they'll do something where something happens to R2, Threepio seemingly does his sacrifice seen in the trailer, and by the end of the movie they're repaired but with their memories gone, and they meet each other for the first time all over again.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Been wondering the past couple days if they'll do something where something happens to R2, Threepio seemingly does his sacrifice seen in the trailer, and by the end of the movie they're repaired but with their memories gone, and they meet each other for the first time all over again.
    Interesting aspect of a memory loss but the force enables some individuals to see some of their past. So even if a mind wipe happens, if a sufficiently powered individual meets them they can get as much context of the past as they'd reasonably need.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Everything you want in the worst possible way.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

What if Anakin's Force ghost was in C3PO all along and was triggered by Palpatine's return and by rebooting Cc3PO's memory he can move on? Only joking but hey what the heck.
    Hail Hydra!

I'm thinking that maybe the Sith/Imperial fleet (Led by Richard E. Grant?) probably doesn't get along too well with Hux & the First Order. If true, I'm thinking like something similar to the Legacy series, where the Empire is split into two factions-one supporting the Emperor Fel, the other under a group of Sith Lords. Or something like the end of Macross/Robotech anime series, where most of the Zentradi fleet realizes they've been in the wrong and turn against their Emperor giving the good guys some much needed extra firepower.

I'm also guessing the film will undoubtedly be compared to Dark Empire as well for obvious reasons.

The ideal situation would be a reveal that Anakin's spirit was in direct conflict with Sidious' this whole time, doing everything he could to keep Sidious' influence at bay to at least the point where Palpatine had to work some 30 years to re-amass power. That's why he couldn't help Ben, that's why he couldn't communicate with Yoda what was really going on, etc. Now with Sidious fully unleashed, Anakin's spirit can aid in a more direct way with the heroes. And after Palpatine is defeated again, the implication would be made that his spirit would still try to influence the galaxy, and that Anakin, this time with his children, would still be there to counter it. This, coupled with the idea that the living would now have the knowledge of this potential ability to influence beyond death, will allow to make such a thing happening again very unlikely. And there's your closure. Rey and the heroes win, Anakin is still very much the Chosen One, and Luke and Leia's strong influence continues on as well. That's how I'd do it at least.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-15-2019 at 12:23 PM.