Page 2 of 568 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    John Stewart is a boss.

What are some of your favorite JS moments? I'll put up a few scans in about a day or two.
    #1: The oath recitation in the JL episode 'In Blackest Night'. The link to it is in the very first post of this thread.

#2: JLU episode: 'Ancient History' when he makes his final decision regarding his relationship woes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBFdQvTwB-E

That was the moment I became a John Stewart fan and this line had a big impact on me as a kid: 'I won't be destiny's puppet. Whatever decision we make, we will make those choices ourselves'. Those were powerful words and lessons for the 11 year old me.

Others:

-The JL episode where they meet the expies of the JSA. John being a comic book nerd, figuring out the illusions and the final scene between him and Hawkgirl:

John: ....they weren't even real.

Hawkgirl: They saved our lives, they are real enough for me.

Those were all great moments for the character.

-JLU episode 'Kids Stuff' when he turned into a fun little nerdy kid wearing Kyle's crab mask. I also liked the beginning of the episode when he points out that Flash's personality is rubbing off on him when in reality he was just getting in touch with his inner kid.

-JL episode 'Savage Time'. John's ring runs out of power and he spends the rest of the episode as a Bad Ass Normal; kicking ass and taking names on a WW2 battle field.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackStorm View Post
    I love John Hawkgirl together. Dc was dumb not to put them together when the show was on. So what she was with Hawkman. She works better with john .
    Actually, around that time Hawkman was trying to woo Kendra Saunders. Shayera, the alien police officer was single during that time and on Thanagar and was not with Hawkman. So yeah, they could have hooked up but they decided to kill off Shayera as a shock death for the Rann-Thanagar war. Bleh.

I like all the Earth-born Green Lanterns (even if they aren't currently with the GLC). I do like the fact Hal, John, Guy, and Kyle each get to shine in their own books now. The current GLC run certainly is solid and I like the role John has.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Actually, around that time Hawkman was trying to woo Kendra Saunders. Shayera, the alien police officer was single during that time and on Thanagar and was not with Hawkman. So yeah, they could have hooked up but they decided to kill off Shayera as a shock death for the Rann-Thanagar war. Bleh.

Eff Rann-Thanagar War. I couldn't even finish that story, but I hated everything to do with Infinite Crisis including Countdown to Infinite Crisis.

A few JS moments I like:

* John Stewart taking out Major Disaster. He had that guy shook and being like "Where's the white GL" and ish right before he beat him.

*John Stewart vs. Guy Gardner during Crisis on Infinite Earths

*Pretty much all of Mosaic, but especially scenes like this:
    stewarts_a_boxer.jpgstewarts_an_architect.jpgstewarts_a_chameleon.jpg

Eff Rann-Thanagar War. I couldn't even finish that story, but I hated everything to do with Infinite Crisis including Countdown to Infinite Crisis.

A few JS moments I like:

* John Stewart taking out Major Disaster. He had that guy shook and being like "Where's the white GL" and ish right before he beat him.

*John Stewart vs. Guy Gardner during Crisis on Infinite Earths

*Pretty much all of Mosaic, but especially scenes like this:
    stewarts_a_boxer.jpgstewarts_an_architect.jpgstewarts_a_chameleon.jpg
    Do you know which issue where he taken out Major Disaster?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Actually, around that time Hawkman was trying to woo Kendra Saunders. Shayera, the alien police officer was single during that time and on Thanagar and was not with Hawkman.
    Well, her Hawkman was in Limbo...

I forget the exact number but it was when John Stewart was the star of Green Lantern in the mid 80s. In fact, it was his first issue as the main GL of 2814 after Hal Jordan quit. Wein had some dialog issues when it came to writing Stewart but I had fun reading it.

I forget the exact number but it was when John Stewart was the star of Green Lantern in the mid 80s. In fact, it was his first issue as the main GL of 2814 after Hal Jordan quit. Wein had some dialog issues when it came to writing Stewart but I had fun reading it.
    Thanks. No worries. At first I thought it took place in a more recent JLA issue around the early 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Well, her Hawkman was in Limbo...
    Well, more like the ancient Egyptian Carter was using the Thanagarian Hawkman's body at the time but yeah.
    Last edited by John Venus; 05-05-2014 at 12:23 PM.

BANNED

Dis thrd is superb. PERIOD!

Gr8 work here John Venus. JS is a gr8 GL, our GL.

QUESTION:

With all d othr long running earth GL's switching on & off across d Lantern spectrum of corps which LC/Lantrn Corp wud u lyk d c JS bcum champion/leadrothr dan GLC(which DC will nvr let JS lead)?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post

QUESTION:

With all d othr long running earth GL's switching on & off across d Lantern spectrum of corps which LC/Lantrn Corp wud u lyk d c JS bcum champion/leadrothr dan GLC(which DC will nvr let JS lead)?
    Personally, none of them. I'd rather John Stewart not get mixed up in Geoff Johns' emotional spectrum. A Star Sapphire girlfriend is about as much of that as I can take. While I think it's very lame Johns basically benched John Stewart through his entire run, and other writers in the GL line did basically the same, a part of me is actually very pleased John Stewart has practically nothing to do with Geoff Johns' comics.

Anyway, I came across something somewhat interesting. Arrow's Stephen Amell addresses the possibility of John Stewart actually being the regular character John Diggle:
    http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/05/08...green-lantern/

This website also reports on that topic:
    http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/...en-lantern.htm

My thoughts on this:
    While I think it would be cool to see John Stewart appear on Arrow, doing so as Green Arrow's sidekick of sorts is rather degrading to the character and his fans. And I think John and his fans have had to deal with enough of that during the entire Geoff Johns run : T
    Last edited by Desh; 05-08-2014 at 07:48 AM.

So...

I bought GLC 29 and 30 on Free Comic Book Day. Almost no issues left in fact; got the last copies. What direction do you think Van Jensen should go into on that one? No spoilers please.

Also, I know John Stewart likes Barbara Streisand and showtunes. Is there any chance that he's a hip-hop fan? Something like Kool Keith for example. Because I always though he'd be a backpacker.

So...

I bought GLC 29 and 30 on Free Comic Book Day. Almost no issues left in fact; got the last copies. What direction do you think Van Jensen should go into on that one? No spoilers please.
    I think John will ultimately come out of this arc as the leader of the Green Lantern Corps. I think Van Jensen wants to show readers that he earned it and why he deserves to be leader. I don't know what that will mean for Hal Jordan, because I think Simon Baz will continue being the Earth Green Lantern.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, I am most pleased that this thread is up & running.

John is a great character.

John is my favorite lantern.

Fantastic Member

I haven't picked up the last two issues of GLC (going through some money issues) but is the book still worth picking up?

I love John as a character, but thought the series was enjoyable but not amazing.

Still cool to see DC at least trying though.

Sidenote: I was so damn confused about CBR forum reboot lol.