Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Genis needs to come back as a hero! Phylla can come back, too, but only if she brings Moondragon with her. They were such a sweet couple.
    And if this team could pick up Xavin while off popping cosmic threats on the nose, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMarvellous View Post
    I really pray and hope that the events that occur in this series is reflected and connected to those of solo books of Captn Marvel, the upcoming Black Panther, Starbrand & Nightmask series as well as New Avengers which Ewing is also writing.

Or at the very least have members of the team show-up in the solo character books occasionally.

After all this team has to people who have teleportation tech(BM & BP) which can be shared with the team and Monica can travel at light speed.

And with Ewing being kinda a continuity buff, i truely hope there will the plot connections to Abnet & Lannings runs, Eternals, Quasar and Infinity Watch.
    Starbrand & Nightmask series?? Shut up and take my money! Is there any place I can read about this?

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I don't see a problem with the composition, beyond the fact that it's generally rather boiler-plate and uninspired (and, as noted, I think the actual rendering needs work, particularly Black Panther). Carol is front and center precisely because she's the biggest draw. The only change I might have made would be to have Blue Marvel and Spectrum swap places. Other than that, I don't see any huge problem with the set-up.

The goal of a cover is to entice people into buying the book. Putting the most popular character at the forefront furthers that goal.
    Carol isn't the biggest drawn in that group...

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Finally an Ultimates interview! I've been waiting for more ultimates news for a while, especially they the comic isn't debuting in October like I was hoping. Ewing as always seems to get so much, he's one of my most respected writers at marvel.

With that said, as a fellow artist, that dodson cover is absolutely horrible and screams rush. The composition is awful, literally having Captain Marvel dominate the entire piece while the other characters are clearly neglected to background pieces. The hands of almost every character is doing something wonky (both Black Panther and Monica appears to be doing redundant fist punching hand) The lighting on Blue Marvel's forehead makes absolutely no sense at all. The way the top and right side of his face is place, his entire left side should be in shadow but it's not. The rim lighting of Carol's left side completely ignores the planes of the face. Black Panther's built either has a feminine form glutes the This piece literally screams amateur night and rushed. It's a shame really. I know Terry can do WAY better than this. He either rushed this piece because he had another project or cover to do asap. Or he literally gave no craps about this comic book and just wanted to get it over with. Either way, there's no way as a professional artist that he should have allowed this to be submitted to editors.

Can't be better said

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Going by what Ewing said, it sounds like T'Challa & Carol will be co-leaders.
    Having Carol and T'Challa co-lead does make the most sense.

Still, I feel a bit bad for Monica.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The use of two Captain Marvel-related heroes has me hoping they could bring back Genis-Vell as a villain. Is he still dead?

I'm fine with it. Bring back on the fanservice!
    Given Genis history, I think there's a VERY good chance at some point in time Genis will return calling himself Spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalJedi_X View Post
    Starbrand & Nightmask series?? Shut up and take my money! Is there any place I can read about this?
    All we know right now is that they were teased at Marvel's retailer preview during SDCC.

You can see a blurry spy photo here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...53093258976359

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Looks like a lot of these cover artists aren't getting the memo about Carol's reworked costume.
    And I don't mind at all. Seeing the Ms Marvel preview this morning made me realize how much I'm gonna miss her sash and gloves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    Ooooooo Mmmmyyyyy Goooood ULTIMATES #1 by TERRY DODSON! Hahaha are you STILL unsure about The look!? Muuuuuch better than it already Was! Thank You Kris Anka and Terry!! Attachment 25336
    But that's not the new look, it still has the sash.

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    I doubt it but who knows perhaps there is a woman inside the costume ?
    Dodson usually does more curvaceous women, and I don't see any breast in that Black Panther.
    Anyway, Dodson often has that kind of problem with men. I don't think its necessarily wrong, but sometimes it doesn't fit with the character.

How powerful is Ms. America supposed to be?

Ewings statement that she can absolutely shut the Ultimates down surprised me a bit.

I liked the fact that the Ultimates HQ, Wakanda embassy and Cap Marvel Corp HQ are all in Triskelion.
    This way, Captain Marvel and Black Panther writers can't ignore the Ultimates.

BANNED

^Don't be jelly of Cyclops' fabulous midriff!

Quote Originally Posted by Nisus View Post
    Dodson usually does more curvaceous women, and I don't see any breast in that Black Panther.
    Anyway, Dodson often has that kind of problem with men. I don't think its necessarily wrong, but sometimes it doesn't fit with the character.
    The only male I've seen Dodson draw well is Spider-Man

Cyclops looks so weird here
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Wow! That looks pretty badass! I could do without the armored look on the knees, though. Carol is up front. Does that mean she's the leader?
    There is no leader. I'd guess she's up-front because Terry Dodson likes drawing her.