Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Yeah, on the most recent episode of Rising, Playing With Fire, America Chavez give Kamala a lift home on her motorbike (why she didn't use her star portals, which would've been faster, is a plothole) and Kamala's mother insists that she stay for dinner. As a result, we actually see her father too. Aamir was explained as being not home though. In a scene set at school in the Shuri episode, we also saw Zoe. So we at least have enough information to know that her life is similar to in the comics, except that her superhero team is the Secret Warriors instead of the Champions.

Assemble didn't show her home life at all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, on the most recent episode of Rising, Playing With Fire, America Chavez give Kamala a lift home on her motorbike (why she didn't use her star portals, which would've been faster, is a plothole) and Kamala's mother insists that she stay for dinner. As a result, we actually see her father too. Aamir was explained as being not home though. In a scene set at school in the Shuri episode, we also saw Zoe. So we at least have enough information to know that her life is similar to in the comics, except that her superhero team is the Secret Warriors instead of the Champions.
    She also mentioned Bruno in the Shuri special.
    Assemble didn't show her home life at all.
    Marvel cartoons for the most part don't really show their heroes having personal lives outside of being Superheroes.

Assemble was extremely guilty of this, to the point where Carol Danvers had to say to the New Avengers that they were "Avengers 24/7" because the show was obviously not going to show them doing anything other then being Superheroes.

A very brief snippet of Kamala's personal life was also shown in Future Avengers, which is notable since that she's not even the main character of that show, only that specific episode. Very rare indeed for a superhero cartoon to focus on their civilian life unless the show is about a solo hero. Again makes me hopeful for the Disney+ show.

BANNED

If Kamala Khan’s secret id gets out in the upcoming Outlaw event, then how could they reverse it if possible ?

I mean we all know what happened the last time a certain someone had outs themselves and the lengths Marvel went to put that genie back in the bottle.

BANNED

legitimately there's dozens of ways
    yeah yeah I know mephisto and ms marvel is the new spider-man blah blah

but even tony erased his identity reveal in one of the series he teamed up with cap in
    there's so many reality warpers, time line manipulators that it'd be easy to do

mephisto happened only because quesada didn't like the peter/mj status quo and wanted to revert it back

I bet Wiccan could do it. They do know each other - the Young Avengers met the core eight Champions at Nadia's birthday party.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I bet Wiccan could do it. They do know each other - the Young Avengers met the core eight Champions at Nadia's birthday party.
    So another “Magic will do not have to explain it “ excuse for the resolution.

CBR is running an article about Kamala's potential secret ID loss, and yes, they're comparing it to Peter's.
    https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-civil...rvel-outlawed/

MAGNIFICENT MS. MARVEL #14

Written by SALADIN AHMED
    Art by MINKYU JUNG
    Cover by EDUARD PETROVICH
    As Ms. Marvel recovers from a traumatic ordeal, she finds herself an unwilling martyr for a movement she hates. If she wants to reclaim her narrative, she’ll have to wake up first…

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    If Kamala Khan’s secret id gets out in the upcoming Outlaw event, then how could they reverse it if possible ?

I mean we all know what happened the last time a certain someone had outs themselves and the lengths Marvel went to put that genie back in the bottle.
    i hope she's not outed. it's going to open the floodgates for villains, plus anti-muslim and anti "foreigner" sentiment. (of course, she's an american citizen, but Sons of the Serpent don't care)..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    As Ms. Marvel recovers from a traumatic ordeal, she finds herself an unwilling martyr for a movement she hates. If she wants to reclaim her narrative, she’ll have to wake up first…
    hmm as expected
    so do you think her getting up and fighting will be the final dramatic moment of the arc?

I hope the "Kamala Law" designed to help kids be safe doesn't end in some sick irony where they end up hurting her more when they need to roll it back
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 01-21-2020 at 12:08 PM.

They are really leaving the outcome of #12 out of these solicits. I know for sure Bruno and Kamala won’t be together but these solicits are just giving me hope they will be.

I know them holding hands on the cover of #12 has to be a red herring.

Just have to be patient. Kamala has a lot going on and the last thing these books will focus on is that romance even if they are together. So I just have to not try to guess what’s going to happen cause nobody knows.
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 01-21-2020 at 02:00 PM.

Sounds like what happens is that Kamala (not as Ms. Marvel) gets knocked out during the disaster that triggers the event, and the first issue is going to be her waking up from her injuries to find out what has happened while she was unconscious. It doesn't sound like she gets her identity exposed, and she's obviously not going to expose herself willingly since she takes protecting it VERY seriously.
    Last edited by Myetche; 01-21-2020 at 02:19 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Sounds like what happens is that Kamala (not as Ms. Marvel) gets knocked out during the disaster that triggers the event, and the first issue is going to be her waking up from her injuries to find out what has happened while she was unconscious. It doesn't sound like she gets her identity exposed, and she's obviously not going to expose herself willingly since she takes protecting it VERY seriously.
    how do you see her getting hurt in her civilian identity be used to make a point about how super hero kids are getting mentally and physically hurt?

are the other heroes just gonna be there and they witness her getting hurt and their traumatized reactions to seeing a random civilian kid named kamala getting hurt would be used to say oh well "kamala wouldn't want this" and people don't want to see you guys hurt?

Like I guess that would make sense in some way.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 01-21-2020 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    how do you see her getting hurt in her civilian identity be used to make a point about how super hero kids are getting mentally and physically hurt?
    Because we know the other Champions are involved in the disaster that caused the law to be made. She ends up being made the "face" of the law for one reason or another.
    Last edited by Myetche; 01-21-2020 at 03:08 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!