Page 335 of 555 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385435 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Too much breath wasted this far-fetched NK=Bran theory:
    Actor Isaac Hempstead-Wright poo-poo-ed this theory in an interview with Vulture, saying:

"I think it’s less that they’re the same person and more that they’re two of the ancient beings of Westeros. The Three-Eyed Raven has been around for God knows how long, and White Walkers have been reported since the beginning of time. As we’ve seen, they were created by the Children of the Forest, so we can’t get much more ancient than that. Perhaps we can think of it as these are two characters with a huge amount of power, but one is a Frankenstein’s monster who is driven by nothing but hatred and violence. Then there’s Bran, who uses his powers for good. I want to find out why the Night King is so obsessed with destroying mankind. We’ll see whether they have any kind of explanations in the next season. Hopefully we’ll find out cool stuff about both of those characters."
    https://decider.com/2017/08/31/the-b...eories-so-far/

The article has an interesting theory that it'd be fitting if the Kingslayer (Jaime), not Jon or anyone else, kills the Night King with his valyrian steel sword. Night Kingslayer?
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-31-2017 at 12:49 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Question. Did Tywin know Arya was the highborn girl posing as a low born girl posing as a low born boy during his time at Harrenhall or did he think she was just a random highborn girl posing as a low born girl posing as a low born boy.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Ultimate Member

Did anyone tell Arya about the whole "Sansa feeding Ramsay to his own dogs" thing yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Question. Did Tywin know Arya was the highborn girl posing as a low born girl posing as a low born boy during his time at Harrenhall or did he think she was just a random highborn girl posing as a low born girl posing as a low born boy.
    I think it's the latter. He knew something was up with her, but he never got around to connecting the dots and identifying her as Arya Stark.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    If he'd known she was Arya he would have had her arrested or killed. No reason not to.

Littlefinger might have recognized her, and kept quiet. Ultimately a bad decision for him, as it turned out.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post

The mormonts are safe, gonna take the night king a while to get to bear island unless hes going to load up Viserion with wights like a airbus.
    He doesn't NEED the wights though, he can just fly over with Viserion and do it that way.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    He can't, though... now that he knows he's facing dragons. If he divides his force, he and Viserion have to go with one part or the other... and then Daenerys can swoop in on the other part of the army and incinerate them at will while they stand there helpless.

A lot of what happens next depends on whether the Night King is actually thinking strategically, or if his goal is just to march until he finds some humans, then kill them. Is he concerned about ease of travel, capturing strategic locations, or anything of that kind? If he is, he'll make for Winterfell to try and take out the enemy's command center. Or, he might march around and wipe out individual holds, creating new wights so he can beef up the size of his army and replace the ones that got burned by the dragons or submerged in the ice lake.
    Night King is still a mystery and we can only speculate on his thought process, and what he knows and when he knows it (as far as expecting a dragon to rescue Jon). People think he's a Green Seer

He MIGHT go after Jon specifically, There have been theories that occasionally WW target Jon specifically, as if they know he is a threat. I'm not sure what to think about that. Anyway, I tend to think that Night King recognizes Jon cause they've been in a staring contest several times. He took a good look at Jon. Probably also recognizes Bran. But ultimately i think he want's to swell his ranks, cause frankly he HAS to. I expect him to attack the capitol of the north but not before absorbing the nobles closer to the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Night King is still a mystery and we can only speculate on his thought process, and what he knows and when he knows it (as far as expecting a dragon to rescue Jon). People think he's a Green Seer

He MIGHT go after Jon specifically, There have been theories that occasionally WW target Jon specifically, as if they know he is a threat. I'm not sure what to think about that. Anyway, I tend to think that Night King recognizes Jon cause they've been in a staring contest several times. He took a good look at Jon. Probably also recognizes Bran. But ultimately i think he want's to swell his ranks, cause frankly he HAS to. I expect him to attack the capitol of the north but not before absorbing the nobles closer to the wall.
    Honeslty i thought that too. its cause everytime him and Jon are in eye sight Jon stares him down. Night King needs to defend his rep

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    If the NK is going straight for Winterfell, then he'd head southwest toward the Kingsroad and probably bypass Last Hearth and Karhold, which are kind of out in the middle of nowhere.

If he heads straight south, though, the Umbers are screwed.
    They have a problem with the Wall gone, to say the least. I would abandon the North and evacuate everyone south of Moat Caitlin:

https://i.imgur.com/bJ7Qmvs.jpg

Where Westeros narrows, begin repeated ambushes -- leave caches of wildfire everywhere and set them alight as the wights advance. Build hundreds of scorpions loaded with dragonglass arrows to take down Ice Viserion. Keep Drogon and Rhaegal grounded and build a mobile shield to protect them with openings for their mouths to spray fire at the wights. Fall back further south and repeat ambush until they are all toast.

bran being the NK?

so far i only thought bran might have influence on rhaegar and aeyrs. but him being the NK... yes. best twist. just think of the conflict for jon... bittersweet
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    They have a problem with the Wall gone, to say the least. I would abandon the North and evacuate everyone south of Moat Caitlin:

https://i.imgur.com/bJ7Qmvs.jpg

Where Westeros narrows, begin repeated ambushes -- leave caches of wildfire everywhere and set them alight as the wights advance. Build hundreds of scorpions loaded with dragonglass arrows to take down Ice Viserion. Keep Drogon and Rhaegal grounded and build a mobile shield to protect them with openings for their mouths to spray fire at the wights. Fall back further south and repeat ambush until they are all toast.
    have you watched this show at all?
    it is not a round based strategy game
    logic does not apply (...)
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

BANNED

Adult Swim aired this bumper after Rick and Morty

Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 08-31-2017 at 04:06 PM.

I asked earlier if anyone here thought there would be more wildfire hidden somewhere. I'd like to say there is, but it looks as though the bulk of it was used up at Blackwater and via Cersei's revenge tour.

I don't recall reading anywhere how easy it is to make. Maybe Qyburn and/or Sam can get the recipe from Bran.
    Last edited by hulahulk; 08-31-2017 at 03:59 PM.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Adult Swim aired this bumper after Ricky and Morty

What's this supposed to be?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    I asked earlier if anyone here thought there would be more wildfire hidden somewhere. I'd like to say there is, but it looks as though the bulk of it was used up at Blackwater and via Cersei's revenge tour.

I don't recall reading anywhere how easy it is to make. Maybe Qyburn and/or Sam can get the recipe from Bran.
    just from a storytelling-device POV wild fire did it´s purpose alrdy. i´d be seriously surprised if it would reused