Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post X-Men Gold #19 - spoilers & discussion

The gay-nazi-mutant-alien villain shouts "slay!" in the first page of the issue. It doesn't really get much better than that.

Ororo, Kitty, Ink, Armor & Colossus fail to defeat the alien god that was ressurected in the last issue and decide to retreat. Meanwhile, OML apparently kills the gay nazi alien mutant.

Kologoth's lover decides to help the team in defeating the alien god, who is now destroying his home world. In a surpringsly easy solution, the team literally grabs the alien god with a spaceship and throws him into a black hole. They almost get sucked into the black hole as well and end up crashing somewhere.

---

I thought this arc was going to end in some sort of political commentary but that seems to be completely forgotten about in this issue so, like, whatever I guess.

BANNED

lol Colossus is the team's second in command over Storm.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lol Colossus is the team's second in command over Storm.
    I thought that is good for colossus. he needs more love.

oh the issue did as it always does: show how awesome kitty is and how ineffectual the xmen are without her. trash
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

This felt...rushed.

Astonishing Member

Is it over yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Is it over yet ?
    goddesss I wish.. someone please post the meme of storm made about this so appropriate now lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Logan stabs the gay guy and tells him to stop complaining. I see you, Guggenheim.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Logan stabs the gay guy and tells him to stop complaining. I see you, Guggenheim.
    who I missed all that shade but good observation

Armor: How do we take down something of this size?

Storm: Hopefully quickly....

what?

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

was Rachel in it at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Askanipsion View Post
    was Rachel in it at all?
    nope kinda forgot she was in the team. honestly it's hard to remember anyone is on this team save kitty.

this was fine. nothing happened to either make me care or make me hate it. i actually felt storm had a better showing here than elsewhere in gold, but, you know, that's not saying a lot is it.

sticking around for the next arc, what's going on with rachel is exciting to me even if she took a break this issue. i think guggenheim actually does have a lot of good ideas, he's just very clumsy with the execution

It was not a bad issue but nothing really interesting happened.

The villain apparently died without a decent fight facing Wolverine and the situation with the immortal God was resolved too quickly.

Ink had some good scenes but Hisako did nothing.

It's hard to explain was not bad but also can not feel the magic. Considering it was said that the characters would come back changed after this arc believe this story is not over yet.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Man, so many good X-Books this week and then we have this...
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    nope kinda forgot she was in the team. honestly it's hard to remember anyone is on this team save kitty.
    Really don't like how bossy & stuck up Kitty is now....especially when she starts directing Ororo now....I miss the fun nerdy Kitty who was alot of fun to read...this book feels like "Kitty & team" book - only reason I tolerate this book is the hope that Rachel gets some good development upcoming