Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Congratulations to Shalla Bal for a cover which certainly makes us think about our perspective in life. Bill Everett was truly an amazing man.

And now, what has the captain learned this week? He has learned to look deeper into covers. This theme is one that occurs more often than we think, yet we do not consider it overdone. Shadow are merely the blocking of light, the substance needed for us to see these covers. Surely blocking such a powerful tool affects our enjoyment of a single picture. And it does. So it's a "No $#!+, Sherlock" week for me, but it was something I hadn't thought much about.

Damn, you guys (in a non-gender specific sense of the word) teach me a lot about funny books.

And thank you Shalla Bal for having my back.

Thank you everyone. I'm surprised I won with that 1950s cover because the field was filled with so many interesting, edgy, more modern covers plus some really classic Silver Age covers. But I love that old Everett cover and am glad that it was appreciated here!

I'm looking at Chad's list and will come up with a new contest very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post

And thank you Shalla Bal for having my back.

Your great cover was my hon.mention, sorry I did not state that earlier.
    Last edited by Shalla Bal; 05-16-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Congrats Shalla Walla! That was almost my choice, very close. Lots of good ones this week, though.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Well deserved win for Shalla Bal. And thanks to SuperCooper for voting for a green shadow.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES