Page 146 of 775 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246646 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 11611

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They announced that Kamala and Monica are going to be a part of this. Title is just telling us that it will be more of an ensemble piece than just Captain Marvel & Her Sidekicks.
    The problem is that either this is still a Captain Marvel film with an ensemble cast, a la Thor Ragnarok or Captain America: Civil War, but they removed the title character's name for their only female led solo franchise, something they never did for any of the male heroes, or it's a full ensemble like The Avengers, in which they basically cancelled the only female led solo franchise for a teamup instead. Neither one sits will with me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    The problem is that either this is still a Captain Marvel film with an ensemble cast, a la Thor Ragnarok or Captain America: Civil War, but they removed the title character's name for their only female led solo franchise, something they never did for any of the male heroes, or it's a full ensemble like The Avengers, in which they basically cancelled the only female led solo franchise for a teamup instead. Neither one sits will with me.
    Whose female led solo franchise was cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Whose female led solo franchise was cancelled?
    None. I was saying if this is supposed to be a full ensemble film instead, like The Avengers, and that's why they changed the name, then it's basically replacing Captain Marvel 2 with a team film.

None. I was saying if this is supposed to be a full ensemble film instead, like The Avengers, and that's why they changed the name, then it's basically replacing Captain Marvel 2 with a team film.
    If I may ask, what makes you assume it was Marvel's plan to make a Captain Marvel sequel or trilogy after the first movie? (if this movie is indeed a team film)

Niffleheim

This seems like Carol Corps. The Marvels is a better title than saying Carol and her fan club (Lt. Trouble and Ms Marvel.)

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    If I may ask, what makes you assume it was Marvel's plan to make a Captain Marvel sequel or trilogy after the first movie? (if this movie is indeed a team film)
    Because Captain Marvel 2 was announced last year, and I believe it even had a logo at the Disney Investors Day in December.

Because Captain Marvel 2 was announced last year, and I believe it even had a logo at the Disney Investors Day in December.
    Oh yeah. I just thought it was a working title.

Even when it was called that I always assumed it would be a team film. Especially when WandaVision came out and they had Monica get her powers there, it just furthered my suspicion that Captain Marvel's squeal would be something closer to Guardians of the Galaxy than, well, any other none team based sequel (except for Captain America 3 which was more of a Cap and Iron Man film).

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

That teaser with the Stan Lee narration was beautiful.

FINALLY a good look at Eternals. Very simple scenes chosen for the teaser, but I like how you can see the director's signature on them already. That Thena shot is gorgeous.

I find it amusing how they put ''it will be worth the wait'' before the title card for Spider-Man: No Way Home instead of showing us footage like they did for all the other movies coming out this year. Marvel is really keeping us on our toes for this one.

So Black Panther: Wakanda Forever... I guess it's an appropriate name for what it's going to be a homage, and likely farewell, to Chadwick Boseman's character. I used to think it was going to be named World Of Wakanda inspired by the comic of the same name, but I think it's more likely the Disney+ show will get that name now. And since they decided to keep the BP name on the title, I'm guessing there will definitely be an explanation as to what happens to the mantle now.

Captain Marvel 2 to The Marvels was definitely not something I was expecting... but I like how it sounds. This is the first time Marvel is making a sequel without the titular character's name on the title. I guess we're entering new territory now that we're getting productions with titles that aren't named after just characters (Armor Wars, Secret Invasion), and this may be a reflection of that. It makes me wonder how CM3 is going to be named now that they decided to break the pattern. Maybe ''Marvel'' is the only word that will remain on the title of each movie? Anyway, I like the idea that the movie's main theme will be the ''Marvel legacy'' among Carol, Monica and Kamala.

The absence of Blade is weird, specially since they announced it a whole year before Fantastic Four, which WAS teased.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-03-2021 at 01:59 PM.

Ultimate Member

Ok. All MCU sequels are team films to some extent, but I'm guessing Carol is the leader of this one. Still, Idk if people might get confused without her name in the title.

Ok. All MCU sequels are team films to some extent, but I'm guessing Carol is the leader of this one. Still, Idk if people might get confused without her name in the title.
    Not Thor 2

Mighty Member

Not Thor 2
    Actually it was a team film: Team Thor and Loki

The difference is Falcon and WS have years of stories of their own. Other than Shuri, none of them have that much lore.
    They barely used any of their comic book lore in the movies. The movie Falcon and WS are vastly different from the comic book Falcon and WS. Their backstories were rewritten from the ground up. For one thing comic book Sam is from Harlem while MCU Sam is from Louisiana. They are also launching a show focused on Echo who has even less backstory.

Is it bad if the ensemble is all female and made up of characters that Carol has connections to? Not being rhetorical here. Monica still needs to settle whatever negative feelings she might have over Carol being in space while her mom was on the death bed and Kamala is a fan girl of Carol.

Though my cynical hot-take was that this was their way of taking the wind out of Bill Batson's sails by creating their own 'Marvel Family' (poor Billy can't catch a break) and to try and have Carol usurp the title of the premier female superhero over Wonder Woman (same way Cap has now replaced Superman as the moral boy scout superhero) since Warner was asleep at the wheel again and failed to take advantage of WW84 to set up the Wonder Family with Donna, Cassie and Nubia.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The absence of Blade is weird, specially since they announced it a whole year before Fantastic Four, which WAS teased.
    I bet it's going to be a 2023 release. They probably know the date already and are just waiting for projects that are already in the pipeline to be released before announcing it.

Maybe "The Marvels" is an event movie and not necessarily Captain Marvel 2? Granted, they're not naming these sequentially anymore but I wonder if they'll re-use the Captain Marvel name again.

Ultimate Member

Not Thor 2
    True, but Thor already had extra heroes from the first movie, like Sif and the Warriors 3.

Speaking of which, we haven't heard anything about Beta Ray Bill. I wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They barely used any of their comic book lore in the movies. The movie Falcon and WS are vastly different from the comic book Falcon and WS. Their backstories were rewritten from the ground up. For one thing comic book Sam is from Harlem while MCU Sam is from Louisiana. They are also launching a show focused on Echo who has even less backstory.
    True, they did change a lot, but they also used a lot of the comic ideas, like spoilers:
    Sam becoming Cap
    end of spoilers. It's not exact, but really my point is these characters still have a lot of ideas they can adapt. Plus, they're actual superheroes with years of history. As for Echo, she is also an actual superhero with more lore than M'Baku, Okoye or Nakia, plus she represents an underserved demographic in the MCU