Page 19 of 94 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    NO it's not because at least we got OTHER companies to do business with.

It's sad for DC-for failing to take advantage of that good will of Rebirth and resort to this to try to beat Marvel.
    I'm only reading Boom's Power Rangers stuff which is honestly some of the best comics I've ever read. Don't care about Marvel really anymore. I don't really care about Image.

DC IS comic books to me, and it SUCKS right now.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

It's been an awful week for my two of my favorite characters, Dick and Wally. Really bummed this happened to the latter on my birthday. :/

Officially done with comics now. ALL of them. Regardless of the company.

I guess 32 years was a good run...

WTF
    Last edited by Midnighter; 09-25-2018 at 11:23 PM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

So who exactly IS DC's target audience anymore??
    It's obvious readers like myself aren't the demographic they're shooting for.
    If I was, they wouldn't be so ****ing intent on tearing down and pissing all over characters I've loved reading about for the last 30 years.
    Thanks, but like Midnighter, I think I'm done... at least with anything DC
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    So who exactly IS DC's target audience anymore??
    It's obvious readers like myself aren't the demographic they're shooting for.
    If I was, they wouldn't be so ****ing intent on tearing down and pissing all over characters I've loved reading about for the last 30 years.
    Thanks, but like Midnighter, I think I'm done... at least with anything DC
    I feel like DC thinks their audience is a group of mindless yes men who love every idea they put out. It reminds me of when they were polling back when the reboot happened and they were ignoring the majority hating the new direction. They just push whatever they want and pretend like the ship isn't sinking. It's insane.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Yeah, I saw the panel as well and all I have to say is fuck this shit.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

MAJOR SPOILERS!!
    YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

The straw that broke the camel's back
    https://comicsheatinguppictures.file...9/img_0075.jpg

As the wise one BohemiaDrinker stated - fuck this shit

MAJOR SPOILERS!!
    YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

What has become of DC?

Ever since Identity Crisis the company has been moving to this weird Silver Age nostalgia mixed with this brutal and dark DCU. This tone/attitude shift has done nothing but damage the company and most importantly it's characters.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Spoilers for HiC #1

spoilers:
    This really hurts. It's extremely gratuitous and offers nothing. It's not important on who it was done to, it could have been /anyone/. The most that happens is Superman stammers a little. Wally is treated like some D-list nobody.

Glad I have trades of older Flash stories when I feel like reading The Flash again. It's a real shame. You can't even argue that that moment has meaning in the story because it would be the exact same with just about any other character. Wally's death literally meant nothing in this book.

Hot Spot and Bluejay get confessionals, but not Wally flippin' West? It's possible his comes later. It's possible this gets reversed. That doesn't change that DC continues to care little for the actual story they're telling and are just chasing whatever shock or gimmick will move a variant cover.

The only silver lining is that he wasn't the murderer the early rumors made him out to be, so it could always be worse, but damn this really sucks. Wally West meant so much for the DCU as a whole and this is his unceremonious exit? Christ. The only thing worse than that is how much DC is going to pat themselves on the back over it. Over the last four months, I've dropped 3 DC books off my pull list and this sort of stuff isn't helping. Dan has noted he wants to build interest in stories, not variants, well he marketed a wedding with 45 or so variants that had no wedding. Tell me another lie, Dan.

I just don't care about anything new with The Flash going forward. The entire franchise is toxic now. I fully expect Impulse to be murdered in a year during Crisis 2020: Hindsight is Everything
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Robanker; 09-26-2018 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Spoilers for HiC #1

spoilers:
    This really hurts. It's extremely gratuitous and offers nothing. It's not important on who it was done to, it could have been /anyone/. The most that happens is Superman stammers a little. Wally is treated like some D-list nobody.

Glad I have trades of older Flash stories when I feel like reading The Flash again. It's a real shame. You can't even argue that that moment has meaning in the story because it would be the exact same with just about any other character. Wally's death literally meant nothing in this book.

Hot Spot and Bluejay get confessionals, but not Wally flippin' West? It's possible his comes later. It's possible this gets reversed. That doesn't change that DC continues to care little for the actual story they're telling and are just chasing whatever shock or gimmick will move a variant cover.

The only silver lining is that he wasn't the murderer the early rumors made him out to be, so it could always be worse, but damn this really sucks. Wally West meant so much for the DCU as a whole and this is his unceremonious exit? Christ. The only thing worse than that is how much DC is going to pat themselves on the back over it. Over the last four months, I've dropped 3 DC books off my pull list and this sort of stuff isn't helping. Dan has noted he wants to build interest in stories, not variants, well he marketed a wedding with 45 or so variants that had no wedding. Tell me another lie, Dan.

I just don't care about anything new with The Flash going forward. The entire franchise is toxic now. I fully expect Impulse to be murdered in a year during Crisis 2020: Hindsight is Everything
    end of spoilers
    Couldn't agree with you more.
    RIP Wally West

I'll always have the well written, engaging stories about Wally West that were provided by such talented writers as Bill Messner-Loebs, Mark Waid, Grant Morrison & Mark Millar and Geoff Johns (pre Flashpoint)
    Last edited by married guy; 09-26-2018 at 12:46 AM.

Mighty Member

Fans who came back because of Rebirth.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

MAJOR SPOILERS!!
    YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

spoilers:

I'm still not persuaded, someway somehow everything will get reversed.
    I can't believe DC did this to a character so much popular in such a careless way.
    end of spoilers

I'm tired of the direction taken by the DC, my pulling list proves it.
    3/4 titles is my lowest point ever. Damn Flashpoint, damn Didio.

Marvel killed off Cable and now two of my DC faves are gone as well. Sigh.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

As I said earlier, my DCU died at Flashpoint. I would say that I’m surprised but I’m not. Didio is getting what he wants. The good news is I can drop the few DC titles I was pulling and will now have more room on my pull list for better titles from other companies
    Last edited by Jekyll; 09-26-2018 at 03:49 AM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    As I said earlier, my DCU died at Flashpoint. I would say that I’m surprised but I’m not. Didio is getting what he wants. The good news is I can drop the few DC titles I was pulling and will now have more room on my pull list for better titles
    The Punisher relaunch had a Good First issue and X-23 is very good as well