Page 223 of 719 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Like honestly, Lorna has had two redesigns and Jean can't be put in anything but this? I'm sorry but her entire aura has seemed off in this era costume aside. Lorna is in a dress too and looks the part, she's stylish but also battle ready and here is Jean for over two years looking so bland and completely uninteresting and at this point we can't say it isn't intentional.

This title deserved redesigns for the whole team ala Lorna and I can't for the life of me understand why the decision was made to only update Lorna when everyone on this team save for Sunfire could use an update.
    I think the story goes as follows: cishet writer without any sense of style and a desire to see some naked female thigh (Hickman) is getting called out for it online on twitter in a probably little rude manner. He's becoming all defensive about it and says "even more so now!!!". Hence, we are stuck with this ugly ass garment for his entire run because a cishet writer wants to show his power over a female character.

--

I don't mind the mini dress so much but I really dislike those yellow shoes, gloves, and the mask. They could have given us a reinterpretation of that look in a cool new way. Damn, just ask Dauterman to reinterpret the look for the present. It wouldn't be so horrible if everybody would wear really camp fashion but I don't get why Jean is the only one dressing up like a teenager from the 60s?! I.really.don't.get.it.

p.s. My marvel legends Marvel Girl figure just arrived in the mail! lol sorry guys for letting the Jean Grey Fashion Rebellion down!!!!! I feel really bad about it. But the ridiculous campiness of that look is indeed irresistible for my queer style sensitivity. Jean's absolute basicness in this look is so AMAZING & RIDICULOUS at the same time!
    Last edited by Exodus; 05-21-2021 at 09:03 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I would like to see Jean in a new costume, but something that is really great.

I kind of like Lorna's new look here.
    I'd probably do something altogether different with Lorna but use her costume with some minor revisions / color alterations for Jean if we had to keep it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Like honestly, Lorna has had two redesigns and Jean can't be put in anything but this? I'm sorry but her entire aura has seemed off in this era costume aside. Lorna is in a dress too and looks the part, she's stylish but also battle ready and here is Jean for over two years looking so bland and completely uninteresting and at this point we can't say it isn't intentional.

This title deserved redesigns for the whole team ala Lorna and I can't for the life of me understand why the decision was made to only update Lorna when everyone on this team save for Sunfire could use an update.
    Laura and Synch JUST got these redesigns, which have only been used in 3 books. They didnt need another one so soon.

Rogue should have had her Excalibur look, which didnt get enough shine

That really only leaves Jean and Scott. As the leaders, I wish they had both received new looks. Scott's at least doesnt look dated, but Jean sorely does

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Laura and Synch JUST got these redesigns, which have only been used in 3 books. They didnt need another one so soon.

Rogue should have had her Excalibur look, which didnt get enough shine

That really only leaves Jean and Scott. As the leaders, I wish they had both received new looks. Scott's at least doesnt look dated, but Jean sorely does

Tbf, so did Lorna!

Yet here she is with yet another design, I just think if you're bringing back the X-men the heroes of Krakoa. Then apart of that big decision could include new costumes for this newly formed team.

Speaking for myself, one of the reasons this team doesn't feel cohesive is because everyone looks like they were all randomly thrown together.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I think the story goes as follows: cishet writer without any sense of style and a desire to see some naked female thigh (Hickman) is getting called out for it online on twitter in a probably little rude manner. He's becoming all defensive about it and says "even more so now!!!". Hence, we are stuck with this ugly ass garment for his entire run because a cishet writer wants to show his power over a female character.

--

I don't mind the mini dress so much but I really dislike those yellow shoes, gloves, and the mask. They could have given us a reinterpretation of that look in a cool new way. Damn, just ask Dauterman to reinterpret the look for the present. It wouldn't be so horrible if everybody would wear really camp fashion but I don't get why Jean is the only one dressing up like a teenager from the 60s?! I.really.don't.get.it.

p.s. My marvel legends Marvel Girl figure just arrived in the mail! lol sorry guys for letting the Jean Grey Fashion Rebellion down!!!!! I feel really bad about it. But the ridiculous campiness of that look is indeed irresistible for my queer style sensitivity. Jean's absolute basicness in this look is so AMAZING & RIDICULOUS at the same time!
    Honestly, if everyone were in throwbacks as consistently then maybe I wouldn't mind it so much. But Jean sticks out like a sore thumb in that awful design and anytime she's in anything else it highlights this more.

Love seeing Jean and Emma working together!
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 05-21-2021 at 11:00 AM.

Looks like we’re getting a premium MAFEX Jean Grey action figure. March 2022
    1E298787-F7D8-43AC-B582-14D17852A2ED.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

Well, you must show us, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Honestly, if everyone were in throwbacks as consistently then maybe I wouldn't mind it so much. But Jean sticks out like a sore thumb in that awful design and anytime she's in anything else it highlights this more.

Love seeing Jean and Emma working together!
    It would be neat to see Karma and her brother separated. It would probably also mean that Karma would be a lot weaker in power after the separation.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

We survived 15 years of dead Jean ... We will have to survive this costume and the forgetfulness of power .... This new team is quite offensive, I hope Jean can shine in battle

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post
    Looks like we’re getting a premium MAFEX Jean Grey action figure. March 2022
    1E298787-F7D8-43AC-B582-14D17852A2ED.jpg
    This is kind of neat. I like the hair and the one head without the head-band. I like the pink hand energy bolts. Just wished the Head-Band had some psionic pink energy emblem on it.

I guess rather than a new costume they went for one of the older iconic looks?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Those covers are neat.

The thing is this era isn't really much less deep into nostalgia than the typical run.
    True! there is a lot of nostalgia going on

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

I'm just venting my frustration here... Please, if you don't agree, it's okay. But don't attack me, all right? I'm a fan too. We don't need to fight.

--

At this point, I don't really care about her uniform.

I want her to show some conviction (and to express some doubt). To display some critical thinking, some emotion, some opinion. To be a friend to someone, to ask someone to listen to her. To give one of those steamy kisses on her husband just 'cause she loves him (not because he's falling apart). To ask him out on a date because she can't stand the The Green Lagoon and Dazzler anymore!!!

I want Jean to feel like she's bright and alive, not a zombie or a satellite that is there, just following the gravity of other more massive bodies around her.

I want her to be a citizen of the world, not shackled to Krakoa, calling it a paradise and repeating the same mantras all of them say.

I want her to reject this separatism, to be part of humanity, to dream big dreams again against all odds. You know... to feel like our Jeannie: passionate, sweet, lively, temperamental, possessive, opinionated, influential, charming, heroic...

Something more than a model striking poses for the covers of the books. After 15 years of having our girl dead for no good reason, I think we deserve it.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 05-21-2021 at 11:29 AM.

The team needs to unify the visual identity. I don't even think Lorna really needed a updated.
    Also this trend of women fighting on dresses have to stop

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I'm just venting my frustration here... Please, if you don't agree, it's okay. But don't attack me, all right? I'm a fan too. We don't need to fight.

--

At this point, I don't really care about her uniform.

I want her to show some conviction (and to express some doubt). To display some critical thinking, some emotion, some opinion. To be a friend to someone, to ask someone to listen to her. To give one of those steamy kisses on her husband just 'cause she loves him (not because he's falling apart). To ask him out on a date because she can't stand the The Green Lagoon and Dazzler anymore!!!

I want Jean to feel like she's bright and alive, not a zombie or a satellite that is there, just following the gravity of other more massive bodies around her.

I want her to be a citizen of the world, not shackled to Krakoa, calling it a paradise and repeating the same mantras all of them say.

I want her to reject this separatism, to be part of humanity, to dream big dreams again against all odds. You know... to feel like our Jeannie: passionate, sweet, lively, temperamental, possessive, opinionated, influential, charming, heroic...

Something more than a model striking poses for the covers of the books. After 15 years of having our girl dead for no good reason, I think we deserve it.
    I agree with you, my friend. No attack, just a hug. A Jean Hug

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I agree with you, my friend. No attack, just a hug. A Jean Hug
    Thank you! Jean hug back! <3

Don’t mess with the classic!

Look at Spider-Man. Sure, they tried Spider Armor and the black costume, but it always, always has to be the classic.

Jean’s is iconic enough. It needs to be afforded the same respect.

Or make her Phoenix again and give her that Cockrum design back, which is great, too.

All the other stuff from X-Factor and basically the Jim Lee design doesn’t suit her as well.

If you’re trying to change her look so much, you can’t really be appreciating her that much.