Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    Can I just say I am happy with the response so far. Some are even compassionate towards Ed. Not one person has said. Ed is bitter and he sucks, Mark is way better anyway. cool.

I do feel for Ed. Good comic actor in the wrong comic environment.
    What? A couple people said that hes was bitter or difficult to work with including me. And why would that make u happy? Are u friends with Ed Norton or just hate the MCU?
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 07-16-2018 at 03:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    What? A couple people said that hes was bitter or difficult to work with including me. And why would that make u happy? Are u friends with Ed Norton or just hate the MCU?
    I don't see that. I see more understanding for Ed, its way too superficial to even bash him because Ed does have a great body of work as an actor, His take on the hulk feels very believable , honest and earned especially when he is not the first person to say marvel movies are poorly scripted. Happy on other comments like youtube most are calling him the best Hulk and agreeing with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    I don't see that. I see more understanding for Ed, its way too superficial to even bash him because Ed does have a great body of work as an actor, His take on the hulk feels very believable , honest and earned especially when he is not the first person to say marvel movies are poorly scripted. Happy on other comments like youtube most are calling him the best Hulk and agreeing with him.
    Are u reading the same thread? Theres like one poster that says anything positive. Me,Dr Newgod,Joker,Zero all comment on Norton being notoriously difficult nd hard to work for. And now your talking about YouTube. What on YouTube? A video about Norton being a better Banner? Norton is a good actor but doesnt mean anything. He was set up to get his biggest payday ever but he talked his way out of the role. Now Ruffalo is making more money then Norton can dream of and getting critical and fan praise. Norton sounds salty to me

I remember always liking Norton's Banner. I actually thought he was the definitive. That said, like others have said, he's known for being a pain sooo...who cares? Ruffalo was there to collect.

He may have legitimate complaints as did Mickey Rourke although I'm tempted to say, What did Rourke want? They gave him his stock crying scene? In fact, Jon Favreau seems to have felt he was bending over to accommodate Rourke. So some of it is point of view. I don't want to say that either Rourke or Norton has an exaggerated since of self-importance but, sometimes, on a big movie like that with a big paycheck, it's probably better to just accept that that's exactly what it is for certain actors- a paycheck.

I like Ruffalo's Banner but the big reason people like it is because it's a comedy routine. Norton's is closer to the comic character.

I've thought all the live action versions of Banner were performed by very good actors but, in terms of closeness to the comic book version:

Bana > Norton > Bixby > Ruffalo.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Edward Norton was fine as Bruce. Ruffalo is just better and plays the "Nerd" type better. Incredible Hulk wasnt bad but it wasnt as good as most MCU movie either if you were gonna call out a MCU movie for having a bad script it would be Ironman 2,Incredible Hulk, or Thor 2. That said the fact Norton still isnt over it tells me hes still upset about talking his way out of the biggest pay day of his life
    I think Norton actually felt a little more typical "nerd," but Ruffalo's Banner was a little more...charming, I think?

I do think Norton's Hulk was much more closer to the traditional version then Ruffalo.

Norton does have a bit of a difficult reputation as others have mentioned.

That said, I do kind of feel for him and Mickey Rourke. Watching Ed on some of the behind-the-scenes stuff on TIH, you can really tell he was invested in the project and the character. Even when Ruffalo came out at ComicCon back in 2012, Norton was fairly classy and wrote a nice thank-you letter to the fans who were pushing for him to be in Avengers.

And IIRC, Mickey did some crazy method acting to prepare for Iron Man 2; actually learning to speak Russian, spending time in a Russian prison including getting authentic Russian prison tattoos. Maybe he saw it as a big break, like Iron Man was for RDJ, but they ended up nixing some ideas he had to make Vanko more three-dimensional.

I still enjoyed his performance, but if he put that much into the role only to be disappointed by executive meddling and/or Iron Man 2 script issues (it’s the one MCU film where they were clearly scrambling to cash in on IM1’s success as quickly as possible) then I can’t really blame him for his bitterness.

EDIT: After writing all that, it really appears that the cost of Marvel’s creative control has pushed out some of their more free spirits. Norton and Rourke probably belong in the same boat as Patty Jenkins and Edgar Wright and the rest of their ilk.
    Last edited by Harbinger19; 07-16-2018 at 10:26 PM.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Tbh I don't think Norton or Ruffalo made for very good Banners.

It’s been 10 years and he’s still whining about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post

EDIT: After writing all that, it really appears that the cost of Marvel’s creative control has pushed out some of their more free spirits. Norton and Rourke probably belong in the same boat as Patty Jenkins and Edgar Wright and the rest of their ilk.
    You could make the argument that was the early days and since then people like James Gunn, Ryan Coogler & Taika Waititi have been given a lot of freedom due to the council now being disbanded.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Norton was a superior Bruce Banner. Ruffalo is good for what Marvel wants. A likeable guy who will turn keep audiences cheery until the big Hulk our moment.
    Indeed. Ruffalo's performance is not bad and all but i really loved Norton's version of Bruce.

BANNED

I'd say Norton was the better actor, but Ruffalo is by far the more entertaining Banner.

I like Ruffalo's Banner; with Norton's I was more, I get it, you're angsty and intense, get green already you sourpuss.

I do wonder what Norton's Hulk would have been like. Ruffalo is the first actor to play both Banner and the Hulk.

BANNED

I'm surprised more actors don't demand better scripts. Almost every Marvel movie is crap.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I'm surprised more actors don't demand better scripts. Almost every Marvel movie is crap.
    Meh. Nobody is holding a gun to their head when they sign on to do these films.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I'm surprised more actors don't demand better scripts.
    Actors aren't supposed to demand better scripts, they're supposed to choose.
    Almost every Marvel movie is crap.
    If only they had great reviews, great fan reception, great box office and unquestionable impact of pop-culture...