Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt-Man View Post
    I mean to me it makes sense , I think if they do that leia's role would be more of a back drop of sorts on that matter .

I do Like the idea of the Hutts and also that the first order is gonna have like a Legion of Doom Super Friends style Underwater Death Star !!! , idk man to me that sounds pretty bad ass and I'd love to see how its handled .
    In the original script for TFA, Luke Skywalker and Rey were going to search for some lost artifact under the ocean where pieces of the Death Star had crashed.

Mark Hamill was disappointed that never made it into the final script, because he said he loved filming underwater scenes.

It's got some pretty cool concept art, both the Emperor's throne room and a Trench with turbolaser towers are shown (The latter pretty much a homage to a shot from A NEW HOPE), but covered in coral.

I'm presuming it's intended to be Endor's ocean. Funny thing is there was a kind of funny fan theory that the wreckage from DS II would've possibly killed the Ewoks. It even made it's way in a kind of tongue-in-cheek style-to some of the Legends EU.

https://www.filmfad.com/star-wars-th...er-death-star/
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-28-2019 at 06:55 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

New rumored title-Balance of the Force.

Which was actually a rumored/possiblely considered(?) title for Episode I in 1998 (It was used in the film's dialogue of course, referring to the prophecy of the chosen one).

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

Which was actually a rumored/possiblely considered(?) title for Episode I in 1998 (It was used in the film's dialogue of course, referring to the prophecy of the chosen one).
    Here's hoping for a Third Way.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Here's hoping for a Third Way.
    I hear they have narrowed it down to these choices.

Episode 9: Here goes nothing!

Episode 9: No matter what happens this is going to be more exciting than the last Superbowl was.

Episode 9: JJ Abrams' last stand.

Episode 9: Rian who?

Episode 9: C'mon, this thing is going to make all the money.

Episode 9: George Lucas sold at just the right time.

Episode 9: Canto Bight was a mistake. There we admitted it. Now let's move on and watch this movie.

Episode 9: If you think we lost our way you should see what has become of Star Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    If true, a good choice. Sounds good.

From another site--

[IMG][/IMG]

Not sure if the picture is real but the title makes sense.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 02-06-2019 at 08:28 AM.

It's not gonna be Balance of the Force.

They already used that name on media before.

Futurama said Episode 9 will be named Yoda's Bar Mitzvah, soooo ... yup.

Anthony Daniels has been hinting at a name drop soon.

And the guy that "leaked" it says he works for Disney and said Avengers was going to be called "Avengers: Titanomachy."
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Episode 9 - Revenge of the Bothans

Cleanse the galaxy! Rid it of all Jedi and Sith, and plot holes!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Episode 9 - Revenge of the Bothans

Cleanse the galaxy! Rid it of all Jedi and Sith, and plot holes!
    And the Bothans have to die too, since they can't even get coffee without casualties...
    Dark does not mean deep.

There are some rumors that perhaps Kylo and Rey have to face a new threat, perhaps setting up future movies.

I think it goes something like, the Knights of Ren have returned from some kind of mission, and are not at all happy that Snoke is gone.

Also this showed up:

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/02/l...e-photos-leak/

If legit, they confirm:

-Richard E. Grant as a First Order character
    -Domonic as a resistance officer
    -Rey's outfit seems to be a mix of her first one with a bit of AOTC Padme in there.
    -Lando sporting the "Solo" shirt!
    -Kylo repairs his helmet.

The Poe look has already been confirmed by photos.

The Knights of Ren returning from parts unknown even more corrupted sounds an awful lot like part of the plot to KOTOR, in regards to what happened to Revan and Malak.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The same set of rumors also hint at something from "Beyond".

Which is kind of interesting, as some of the sequel trilogy tie-ins (and "Rebels" as well?) have sort of hinted at some kind of secret out there that has some connection to Snoke and possibly even Palpatine as well.

Granted, Star Wars has kind of been here before, with the novels. "The New Jedi Order" and it's follow-up the Swarm War tried to shake things up a bit by exploring alternate uses of the force and introducing new weird alien villains, but the fan reaction was kind of mixed. After Revenge of the Sith wrapped up the comics and novels pretty much fell back on the old Jedi/Sith conflict (as well as yet another Galactic civil war!), and retconned the whole Force moral relativism thing as actually Sith deception all along...sort of. Not only that, the "Legacy" comics pretty much brought back the whole Empire/Rebellion dynamic years (Although a century later) before the sequel trilogy did.

My only issue when they did it in NJO were with the Vong themselves. Not that they came from uncharted space, but just the characters entirely. The Vong felt out of place to me, they felt far more like Star Trek characters than Star Wars characters. Star Wars has always been a blend of sci-fi and fantasy, and to me the Vong were just pure sci-fi. They never fit.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

I really don’t want them to try introducing some new threat right now, especially not to try and usurp Kylo as the lead villain and somehow try and get the audience to cheer for the entitled, patricidal Neo-Nazi. No character can be a better villain than Kylo right now, even if he needs some rehabilitation after TLJ neutering him in that role, and neither Rey nor Finn need Kylo stealing their lead positions after TLJ screwing their stories up.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP