Page 164 of 182 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2721
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I find myself missing Tiger Shark's old look, I thought it was really cool when he got those adamantium teeth in Hulk (2008) #11
    Well, I loved the adamantium teeth, Namor skin should be impervious to anything else so giving him adamantium teeth was great and the way he tested them against Namor's traps was just awesome! One of the most shocking panels I've ever seen in a comic book. But Ed McGuinness is a genius when it comes to this kind of stuff. I was at a comic convention where they invited him to a wrestling panel to discuss the wrestling and comic connection and it was great just to see him acknowledge there is such a connection cause his battle poses are so visceral and explosive, I wish he could do a Namor, Defenders or Invaders book, IMO anything that has classic Namor by McGuinness will be pure gold.

And here's something I did this morning.

Last edited by Thor-El; 12-05-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Well, I loved the adamantium teeth, Namor skin should be impervious to anything else so giving him adamantium teeth was great and the way he tested them against Namor's traps was just awesome! One of the most shocking panels I've ever seen in a comic book. But Ed McGuinness is a genius when it comes to this kind of stuff. I was at a comic convention where they invited him to a wrestling panel to discuss the wrestling and comic connection and it was great just to see him acknowledge there is such a connection cause his battle poses are so visceral and explosive, I wish he could do a Namor, Defenders or Invaders book, IMO anything that has classic Namor by McGuinness will be pure gold.
    It was pretty shocking. I remember wincing in sympathetic pain the first time I saw it.

Didn't know that about Ed McGuinness and wrestling. I do know he loves John Buscema's Namor ... as evidenced by his interpretation of Namor. Sadly, until we get a movie / TV show, I don't think we'll get McGuiness on anything with Namor, except as a guest star. : (

Holy muscles, Thor-El! O_O

I really like this first one. Though, I love what you did with the ankle wings on that second one. Besides Namor, the background and water are great. Nice work! Thank you for posting them.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Hey, Thor-El!

These are so great!! I always enjoy looking at your work and new ones.

Namor looks sooooo powerful here. If they drew him like that in the comics, his enemies would run (and swim) away!

The one with Namor breaking the water reminds me of Phoenix (Jean Grey) emerging from the waters of Jamaica Bay.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

SPOILERS FOR SWORD MASTER #6! It seems that we have a small glimpse into why Atlantis is so angry this time around! I posted a few panels here from the issue!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

SPOILERS FOR SWORD MASTER #6! It seems that we have a small glimpse into why Atlantis is so angry this time around! I posted a few panels here from the issue!
    I don't even know what to make of that. Is it like a kiddie/comedy comic? Seems weird to me.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Haha, to have fun with this, it is one of three things:
    1) Namor is mad Toro is also shirtless
    2) Namor is cold
    3) Young Namor does not want to show off his body with a girl (woman) present
    Yep, Namor having a soft spot for the ladies.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I don't even know what to make of that. Is it like a kiddie/comedy comic? Seems weird to me.
    It was seems to be a second story of a shared comic, the first part I skimmed over seemed very manga by the art style, I haven't bought the rest of the series, only this one when someone told me Namor kinda shows up in it. Basically Ares came to free his son the dragon and then you have those scenes along with some fighting panels etc.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Good to see Namora. It was a safe bet that she would be what drags the original AoA into the story, but it's nice to have confirmation.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I didn't look at that issue at the store this week! Thanks for the heads up. Of course, I'm trying to remember if there's any sea serpent guardian in previous books.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I don't think so, though Pak has written Ares in some hilarious bits from his Herc run with Van Lente. But remember you are only seeing 1/6th of the story.

It was seems to be a second story of a shared comic, the first part I skimmed over seemed very manga by the art style, I haven't bought the rest of the series, only this one when someone told me Namor kinda shows up in it. Basically Ares came to free his son the dragon and then you have those scenes along with some fighting panels etc.
    I think alot of the Agents of Atlas books have back up stories, and I think they all will lead to Atlantis Attacks. The first issue of the first Greg Pak mini had a back up with the original AoA team, and had an open ending. Aero has a back story with Wave and mermaids that ties in with her origins and Atlantis, I think.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Good to see Namora. It was a safe bet that she would be what drags the original AoA into the story, but it's nice to have confirmation.
    Yep! And about time we see them back together. Now if we can only get Namorita in the mix! Oh, and Loa wouldn't hurt either.

Found this while looking for Alex Ross info tonight.

Apparently, he remade this vintage Marvel button.

And he, unlike some others, didn't forget Namor.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    It was pretty shocking. I remember wincing in sympathetic pain the first time I saw it.

Didn't know that about Ed McGuinness and wrestling. I do know he loves John Buscema's Namor ... as evidenced by his interpretation of Namor. Sadly, until we get a movie / TV show, I don't think we'll get McGuiness on anything with Namor, except as a guest star. : (

Holy muscles, Thor-El! O_O

I really like this first one. Though, I love what you did with the ankle wings on that second one. Besides Namor, the background and water are great. Nice work! Thank you for posting them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey, Thor-El!

These are so great!! I always enjoy looking at your work and new ones.

Namor looks sooooo powerful here. If they drew him like that in the comics, his enemies would run (and swim) away!

The one with Namor breaking the water reminds me of Phoenix (Jean Grey) emerging from the waters of Jamaica Bay.
    Thank you Reviresco and Phoenixx9. And here's another one to add to the Christmas spirit of the thread.

Thank you Reviresco and Phoenixx9. And here's another one to add to the Christmas spirit of the thread.
    OMG! That's awesome! I haven't seen Lady Dorma in air breather clothes since ... Subby #7? The one where she insisted on going with Namor to find Diane Arliss. Thank you, Thor-El!

Thor-El! I found another body builder Namor cosplayer! You probably already know him, but this is the first I've seen of him. He goes FULL Namor eyebrows! I think the scales on his trunks need to be trimmed up a bit, but otherwise, most impressive.

Joe Miksan.
    https://www.instagram.com/musclesuitnotneeded/?hl=en

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Thor-El! I found another body builder Namor cosplayer! You probably already know him, but this is the first I've seen of him. He goes FULL Namor eyebrows! I think the scales on his trunks need to be trimmed up a bit, but otherwise, most impressive.

Joe Miksan.
    https://www.instagram.com/musclesuitnotneeded/?hl=en
    Oh, yes, Musclesuitnotneeded is part of the 300 group of cosplayers that are into fitness and dress up as spartans from the Snyder movie too. Really dedicated bodybuilder and cosplayer!