Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Yes he is! #600 can't come fast enough.
    Yet May seems so far away lol

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I can't wait for this arc to end.

Bendis is draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagging this out.
    Every book he writes. Even Daredevil was like this but I read his run in trade form so I didnt notice it as much
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Just got to read this issue and thought the conversation between Tony and Howard was good. Still looking forward to the end of this storyline.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Just got to read this issue and thought the conversation between Tony and Howard was good. Still looking forward to the end of this storyline.
    I agree. I actually enjoyed reading that part.

Amazing Member

I wonder if Howard Stark IS Tony's birth father? He directly declares that in the conversation that is is Tony's father. And both could be true - Howard and Amanda could have had a child and the Starks could have adopted Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by DoodleMaster View Post
    I wonder if Howard Stark IS Tony's birth father? He directly declares that in the conversation that is is Tony's father. And both could be true - Howard and Amanda could have had a child and the Starks could have adopted Tony.
    We're figuring it out guys! Keep chipping away and we can unravel this on our own.

Howard was being very vague about the whole thing. It made me wonder if there was more to it than Tony just being adopted plain and simple.
    Last edited by cc008; 02-04-2018 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoodleMaster View Post
    If so...poor Maria .

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    We're figuring it out guys! Keep chipping away and we can unravel this on our own.

Howard was being very vague about the whole thing. It made me wonder if there was more to it than Tony just being adopted plain and simple.
    So are we assuming "Howard" is real or is this two sides of Tony's psyche hashing thing out?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    So are we assuming "Howard" is real or is this two sides of Tony's psyche hashing thing out?
    Well he definitely wasn't real and it's all in Tony's head. But what he said was pretty interesting.

That's just Tony's psyche hashing things out.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Yeah, I wonder how the DC readers will take it. He is a very frustrating writer to me because he does have some good moments at times. But he is the master of tedious decompressed stories and this is another entry in that vein. We don't learn very much more from what happened last issue. Everyone is still fretting about Tony and they still can't find him. He finishes up a brief battle between Doom and the Hood that took two issues but is part of an ongoing situation from the ending of Infamous Iron Man. I know I'm beating a dead horse but I've been saying for the past couple of months the Maleev pages (and they are nicely done pages) were probably meant for another issue of Infamous Iron Man and are inserted here. I guess it's a good thing that they didn't just leave them sit in storage somewhere.

Maybe we should considering ourselves lucky for getting two decompressed arcs in one title.
    What this sets up is Riri will bootleg more Iron Heart armour as illegal tech that Stark Industries tries to chase down with somebody in an Iron Man armour to defeat her. It also sets up “Tony Stark” returning to add a further complication of how he fits into the MU now that Riri takes over his legacy.

Like in Phoenix Resurrection, death (or close to death coma in Starks case) does cleans a lot of drama out of the soul that clogged the character, so in Starks case, he may have a completely different view on life than he had before. He may love Victor Von Doom being a hero, for example. He may end up being Steve Rogers best friend again. Things like that.

Because this “Tony” is obsessed with discussing his real parentage in this mental imagery with Howard, it might point that this “Tony” may be the real Tony Stark and not a clone or some doppelgänger? I’m not sure completely, though. That clean shaven look doesn’t remind me of Stark, and it may just be an LMD?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Because this “Tony” is obsessed with discussing his real parentage in this mental imagery with Howard, it might point that this “Tony” may be the real Tony Stark and not a clone or some doppelgänger? I’m not sure completely, though. That clean shaven look doesn’t remind me of Stark, and it may just be an LMD?
    IIRC Tony's clean shaven look is because he was put through a sort of total reboot. So he has to grow his hair all over again. I really hope that this is all a sign that Marvel has decided that the whole adoption thing isn't working out and ditches it for good along with the annoying rocker mom.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-05-2018 at 08:11 AM.

IIRC Tony's clean shaven look is because he was put through a sort of total reboot. So he has to grow his hair all over again. I really hope that this is all a sign that Marvel has decided that the whole adoption thing is working out and ditches it for good along with the annoying rocker mom.
    I think that's why he has to grow his hair all over again too. Complete reboot. Also I think that they will make that Howard is really Tony's dad and rocker mom is Tony's real mom.

IIRC Tony's clean shaven look is because he was put through a sort of total reboot. So he has to grow his hair all over again. I really hope that this is all a sign that Marvel has decided that the whole adoption thing is working out and ditches it for good along with the annoying rocker mom.
    I think that's why he has to grow his hair all over again too. Complete reboot. Also I think that they will make that Howard is really Tony's dad and rocker mom is Tony's real mom.
    Yup you guys are right. Clean slate protocol, if you will.