Page 19 of 127 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

How much do you wanna bet that Rogue and Magneto will be a couple in Heroes Reborn?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I donīt think that will happen, reading Steve Orlando comments it looks more like a psychic duel to free Xavier who is trapped in the astral plane so Magneto is probably remembering mutants from different eras, Sabra is using her old uniform,Emma has her Hellfireclub costume and Rogue has her Avengerīs uniform.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I donīt think that will happen, reading Steve Orlando comments it looks more like a psychic duel to free Xavier who is trapped in the astral plane so Magneto is probably remembering mutants from different eras, Sabra is using her old uniform,Emma has her Hellfireclub costume and Rogue has her Avengerīs uniform.
    She'll probably not have tgat big a role in this. Despite my feelings for it.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    She'll probably not have tgat big a role in this. Despite my feelings for it.
    Hopefully she'll at least get a good fight or 2 out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    Hopefully she'll at least get a good fight or 2 out of it.
    Oh, I hope so... Plus I like the looks... I hope Bernard Chang releases the looks
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

All-New Member

How much do you wanna bet that Rogue and Magneto will be a couple in Heroes Reborn?
    I'll never understand why this was a relationship in the comics. To me, it's profoundly creepy. Regardless of his body's age, he's MENTALLY in his 80's and she's in her mid to late 20's. Just grosses me out. I know some folks don't like Gambit and that's their opinion, but why does Magneto have to be the alternative?? If she didn't end up with Gambit, I like her better with Wolverine or anyone else. I really like Gambit, but I can see how others aren't fond of him because of the terrible writing in the last 20 years (read his 90's comics - he earned the fanfare).

Why do writers always pair characters based on a flirtation decades ago? Think outside the box! There are endless pairing alternatives now!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzidazs View Post
    I'll never understand why this was a relationship in the comics. To me, it's profoundly creepy. Regardless of his body's age, he's MENTALLY in his 80's and she's in her mid to late 20's. Just grosses me out. I know some folks don't like Gambit and that's their opinion, but why does Magneto have to be the alternative?? If she didn't end up with Gambit, I like her better with Wolverine or anyone else. I really like Gambit, but I can see how others aren't fond of him because of the terrible writing in the last 20 years (read his 90's comics - he earned the fanfare).

Why do writers always pair characters based on a flirtation decades ago? Think outside the box! There are endless pairing alternatives now!
    I also hate the the Magneto pairing, but some writers have tried to put her with other characters like Deadpool and Johnny Storm. The Johnny pairing wasn't good imo but the Deadpool one had potential.
    Make Good Art

I think she's fine with Gambit, but I love her with Magneto, too. If she were still with Magneto, she'd be treated like a queen on Krakoa, instead of a pawn of Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Rogue looks like she just got out from the Brotherhood, so around 17-18 years old and which is... not exactly legal in most places.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzidazs

I'm not really a fan of the relationship, but it's not exactly creepy at least as long as Rogue is an adult when they were dating. Also if dating Magneto is creepy, Wolverine is worse, he's older than Erik; Logan just doesn't look or act his age.

My main problem with her dating Magneto is more that there just isn't any common ground in the relationship.

Rogue and Gambit share a similar cultural background, are cohorts (similar generational context) and share similar histories as reformed criminals who were manipulated by parental figures. Also they are both emotionally vulnerable people who hide behind a somewhat facetious confidence. Both are horrible flirts, Rogue because it's a bravado/coping mechanism that she used to express herself due to not being able to touch others. Gambit it's a bit more ambiguous, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a combination of creating emotional distance and as a tool to get what he wants (aka he might have used his 'charm' to help with thieving).

Meanwhile Magneto didn't grow up being manipulated or has any type of overt confidence issues. He is a manipulator, consciously or not. He grew up in one of the most horrible events in human history that scarred him and ingrained a deep hatred for oppression and discrimination. He very passionately believes in his cause and will use others to achieve it. He's a worldly man and he views very few people as his equal. I can't really imagine what he and Rogue would have to talk about in a relationship. The only point of real connection between the two, is Magneto's one of the few people who chose Rogue over Carol during a time she was having extreme identity issues. It's probably why she seemed to "hero-worship" him in a similar way to Xavier but this doesn't give a whole lot to romantic connections.

Anyway, Rogue's problem isn't showing romantic interest in guys. She has had brief flirtations with more than a handful. Longshot, Colossus, Pulse, Deadpool, Human Torch, etc.. it's just none of the flirtations stick.

I think if a writer wanted to get a compelling romance to exist opposite of Gambit, they'd need to draw upon what makes Rogue and Gambit bounce off each other well in the first place ie similarities and fun dynamics in their relationship... when written right that is. I think the closet to that would have been Sam but he's married now. No one else comes to mind that could play off Rogue in a similar way.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Rogue looks like she just got out from the Brotherhood, so around 17-18 years old and which is... not exactly legal in most places.

I'm not really a fan of the relationship, but it's not exactly creepy at least as long as Rogue is an adult when they were dating. Also if dating Magneto is creepy, Wolverine is worse, he's older than Erik; Logan just doesn't look or act his age.

My main problem with her dating Magneto is more that there just isn't any common ground in the relationship.

Rogue and Gambit share a similar cultural background, are cohorts (similar generational context) and share similar histories as reformed criminals who were manipulated by parental figures. Also they are both emotionally vulnerable people who hide behind a somewhat facetious confidence. Both are horrible flirts, Rogue because it's a bravado/coping mechanism that she used to express herself due to not being able to touch others. Gambit it's a bit more ambiguous, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a combination of creating emotional distance and as a tool to get what he wants (aka he might have used his 'charm' to help with thieving).

Meanwhile Magneto didn't grow up being manipulated or has any type of overt confidence issues. He is a manipulator, consciously or not. He grew up in one of the most horrible events in human history that scarred him and ingrained a deep hatred for oppression and discrimination. He very passionately believes in his cause and will use others to achieve it. He's a worldly man and he views very few people as his equal. I can't really imagine what he and Rogue would have to talk about in a relationship. The only point of real connection between the two, is Magneto's one of the few people who chose Rogue over Carol during a time she was having extreme identity issues. It's probably why she seemed to "hero-worship" him in a similar way to Xavier but this doesn't give a whole lot to romantic connections.

Anyway, Rogue's problem isn't showing romantic interest in guys. She has had brief flirtations with more than a handful. Longshot, Colossus, Pulse, Deadpool, Human Torch, etc.. it's just none of the flirtations stick.

I think if a writer wanted to get a compelling romance to exist opposite of Gambit, they'd need to draw upon what makes Rogue and Gambit bounce off each other well in the first place ie similarities and fun dynamics in their relationship... when written right that is. I think the closet to that would have been Sam but he's married now. No one else comes to mind that could play off Rogue in a similar way.
    Really well said. Couldn't put it better myself.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    This is x-men romance we’re talking about. The law has never stopped them before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    This is x-men romance we’re talking about. The law has never stopped them before.
    Eh, I don't think we've ever had an outright adult and minor relationship before in 616 X-Men. well i guess you can count Colossus/Kitty but both at least were teenagers. Rahne/Elixir is also very sus... That's an entire moral bag of worms I'm sure Marvel does not want to cross, regardless of age of consent laws.

IMO someone with several decades worth of life experience should not be entering a sexual or romantic relationship with someone barely out of high school (if that). Not even taking into account that Magneto is probably in a position of power in this AU which makes it even worse.

It was creepy when Wolverine did it Ultimate and it's creepy whenever it gets brought up that Xavier had a crush on Jean.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 02-17-2021 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I think she's fine with Gambit, but I love her with Magneto, too. If she were still with Magneto, she'd be treated like a queen on Krakoa, instead of a pawn of Apocalypse.
    This is true.

Remmy is cheap? Isnt Rogue is the Queen. Of Thieves

The Rogue book already released. Someone gonna buy it?

Why not Roguetasha?

They where hot as hell in that tie-in!