Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Ambush Bug

Quote Originally Posted by gordonm View Post
    Ambush Bug.
    He should be DC's Deadpool

Just give him a ridiculous pouch, where (Stanley Ipkiss style) he pulls every weapon imaginable, and outrageous regenerative (from a drop of blood, tear drop, or bugger) powers.

Last edited by Güicho; 10-13-2020 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

A character whose look and concept was so unique, bizarrely off the norm, and so much it's own thing, it always seemed out of place.
    He never quite took-off mainstream, and like his billowy sleeves, kataginu shoulders, bizarre ankle gear(armor)? and unique weapons "bundi dagger". throwing stars, mostly he just existed on the fringe of DC pantheon.
    And that's how they should keep and use him.

All the attempts at reinvention, consolidating with previous versions, retweeking, retconning, "fixing" & "updating", the character so he fit in better, just seemed to take away from his original uniqueness.
    He should just continue to randomly show up as is, no explanation, be the guy nobody really knows anything about, just appears and disappears, like WTF who was that!? No explanation to his motives, to his bizarre costume, weapons, nothing.

I'm actually surprised he ever had a figure.

Peter David's Linda Danvers. She was a likable character, her series was one of my very favorites of the era. She's a very distinct character from any other version of Linda we're likely to ever see again. She really deserved a better ending than she got.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Peter David's Linda Danvers. She was a likable character, her series was one of my very favorites of the era. She's a very distinct character from any other version of Linda we're likely to ever see again. She really deserved a better ending than she got.
    They should just bring her back as a separate character Belinda D'Anviers or something: Matrix / Earth Angel
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-26-2019 at 06:35 AM.

Linda could have found a niche in DC's Vertigo line or some of their fantasy/horror books. I'd bring her back as a nephilim or angel in training who is being mentored by Zauriel.

I've read Delilah Tyler's (Phantom Lady 2) stories in action comics weekly and it does sound interesting. Maybe a solo of her own could have worked or she could have been used in one of DC's spy books like Checkmate or early Birds of Prey.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-26-2019 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd bring her back as a nephilim or angel in training who is being mentored by Zauriel.

Zauriel is another offbeat Morrison era character somewhat lapsing into obscurity, not sure what the latest take on him is, or will be?

Last edited by Güicho; 10-28-2019 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Doctor Occult
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Dr. Occult: DC could use a supernatural detective...
    Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    Doctor Occult
    It is odd one of DC's first heroes, by the creators of Superman, should be the preeminent Supernatural Occult Detective. Yet his whole shtick, theme, look has been so co-opted by John Constantine, that he gets little to no recognition a or attention.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-06-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Zauriel is another offbeat Morrison era character somewhat lapsing into obscurity, not sure what the latest take on him is, or will be?

Where's the third image from?

JL Dark #27 (I believe part of 2014 Forever Evil event
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-30-2019 at 08:47 AM.

Saint Walker, I absolutely LOVE Saint Walker! personally, of all of DC's characters (and maybe comics in general), he's the one I aspire to be like the most.

Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-30-2019 at 04:03 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

From the Legion thread^
    Worth repeating here...
    SOLJER REANIMATED!

Last edited by Güicho; 04-06-2020 at 01:41 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by victorsage View Post
    There's a character I haven't thought of in a long time.
    Alpha Centurion is one of my favorites; I love the way Kessel set him up as a human with technology and will to serve as Superman's equal. I think of him as The Man Of Tomorrow That Might Have Been. I've got the outline of an epic with him and the Ultra-Humanite (another great character left behind).

Boisterously Confused

It is odd one of DC's first heroes, by the creators of Superman, should be the preeminent Supernatural Occult Detective. Yet his whole shtick, theme, look has been co-opted by John Constantine, while he gets no attention.
    Not edgy enough I guess. Let's have him take up vaping.

I'd like to see another shot at rescuing Danny Chase from the scrappy heap.

Mighty Member

Adrian Chase/Vigilante. DC’s street level corner needs work.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K