Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No, it's always third Tuesday. And the sales figures are usually second Monday. Both are late this month for some reason.

Since DC's solicits are already out, there's no way we're not getting the solicits until next Tuesday. It's this week.
    It was the fourth Tuesday in January.

That's because of Christmas. Everything was a week behind that month.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That's because of Christmas. Everything was a week behind that month.
    And last May for August. It’s a rule of thumb that holds true for quite a few months. My bet next Tuesday. I was told this rule years ago and it has held true more often than it hasn’t.

Impossible - that would be ELEVEN days after DC's solicits. They're usually only ONE day apart. Certainly not over a week!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Impossible - that would be ELEVEN days after DC's solicits. They're usually only ONE day apart. Certainly not over a week!
    Well let’s see. Remember a solicit is for a product that is tied to the beginning of a future month. It is common to count back from the release date of the product, not to tie it to the month of the announcement.

I imagine there is a specific rule that Marvel tend to stick to. It is probably related to the number of working days before the first trade or issue is released. DC may have an entirely different rule that just happens to align most of the time.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-17-2019 at 08:36 AM.

July is a five Wednesday month though - so the earliest stuff solicited for then will be out on the 3rd. You'd only expect it to be a week late under that system if the solicited month was a four week one, and the current month five - it's the other way around.

July is a five Wednesday month though - so the earliest stuff solicited for then will be out on the 3rd. You'd only expect it to be a week late under that system if the solicited month was a four week one, and the current month five - it's the other way around.
    This month has 5 Tuesdays. So did January, October and May 2018. Jan and May both solicited on the fourth Tuesday, but October for January covers Xmas and New Year, so that could explain why they solicited in the third week, to give the shops more time. It is irrelevant that January for April had a new year, because that was past already, they would count backwards from product launch not forwards from Jan 1st.

My rule of thumb is really the second last Tuesday of the month except where they want to solicit early for some other reason.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-17-2019 at 09:14 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    This month has 5 Tuesdays. So did January, October and May 2018. Jan and May both solicited on the fourth Tuesday, but October for January covers Xmas and New Year, so that could explain why they solicited in the third week, to give the shops more time. It is irrelevant that January for April had a new year, because that was past already, they would count backwards from product launch not forwards from Jan 1st.

My rule of thumb is really the second last Tuesday of the month except where they want to solicit early for some other reason.

kinda odd that DC already released theirs last Friday though

Amazing Member

Dark Horse haven’t released their solicitations yet, either, so I’m guessing early next week for both.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    kinda odd that DC already released theirs last Friday though
    DC has been jumping the gun lately due to leaks.

Fantastic Member

they are coming very soon defintly either 4pm today or 9am thursday they are due this week ..i know marvel had a bunch of office staff out this week cause of the short work week could be cause for the delay expect them very very soon

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    they are coming very soon defintly either 4pm today or 9am thursday they are due this week ..i know marvel had a bunch of office staff out this week cause of the short work week could be cause for the delay expect them very very soon
    well looks like not today I guess tomorrow? how you got this info? not that I doubting you, just curious. I hope you are right.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'm assuming they intentionally held off as to not give away what happened in today's War of the Realm issue. Though naturally the big new title launching out of it just got announced tonight so I assume the solicits should follow tomorrow.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I'm assuming they intentionally held off as to not give away what happened in today's War of the Realm issue. Though naturally the big new title launching out of it just got announced tonight so I assume the solicits should follow tomorrow.
    That sounds exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    And yet they could have solicited at the same time as the reveal, and they didn’t. My bet is that we won’t see anything until after Easter. It fits their pattern.