Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Thanks. I hadn't seen the cover yet, but I have now, so you're probably right. What do you think the book could be about, seeing it's called Avengers? Could it be a civilian resistance book?
    I'm thinking it'll be a street level Avengers book with Hawkeye slowly recruiting other low-level heroes to fight against social injustice. Essentially Green Arrow leading his own team, fighting THE MAN and standing up for the little guy. For all we know, it could end up being a good book if it handles the subjects with nuance like Ollie has been in the past. I don't know how I feel about Hawkeye maybe becoming a Green Arrow copycat... but we'll see. I'm banking on Scott Lang joining up with him.
    Last edited by Kirby Krackle; 07-11-2016 at 10:05 PM.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    I'm thinking it'll be a street level Avengers book with Hawkeye slowly recruiting other low-level heroes to fight against social injustice. Essentially Green Arrow leading his own team, fighting THE MAN and standing up for the little guy. For all we know, it could end up being a good book if it handles the subjects with nuance like Ollie has been in the past. I don't know how I feel about Hawkeye maybe becoming a Green Arrow copycat... but we'll see. I'm banking on Scott Land joining up with him.
    That does sound like the type of book I could see Walker working well on, given what I've seen of his Nighthawk book, though I'm not sure I really see why Clint would go in that direction...

I mean, Clint stands up for the little guy, no doubt, but he's not the social crusader Green Arrow is.

Maybe it's partially due to guilt over what happens in Civil War II #3?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That does sound like the type of book I could see Walker working well on, given what I've seen of his Nighthawk book, though I'm not sure I really see why Clint would go in that direction...

I mean, Clint stands up for the little guy, no doubt, but he's not the social crusader Green Arrow is.

Maybe it's partially due to guilt over what happens in Civil War II #3?
    That's what I'm thinking. Civil War sends him down a path where he's more direct with normal people and the problems they face daily. Since every other team is more focused on colorful bad guys and fighting one another, this will cause him to help those who the superhero community now overlook.

I could get behind that. But like you said, does it or would it work with Clint?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. Civil War sends him down a path where he's more direct with normal people and the problems they face daily. Since every other team is more focused on colorful bad guys and fighting one another, this will cause him to help those who the superhero community now overlook.

I could get behind that. But like you said, does it or would it work with Clint?
    It's starting to sound like he's going to end up joining or sponsoring the Champions .

It's starting to sound like he's going to end up joining or sponsoring the Champions .
    Ahaha Daddyhawke. You know, I could kinda see that. He's already helped a bunch of villains become better heroes. Might as well help the youth. lol.

Fantastic Member

I just realized...this is Mark Waid (possibly) writing Doom again. That's going to be interesting, especially with Doom as Iron Man now.

Though I still don't understand how any Avengers team could allow Doom on the roster, though I guess a war with Kang is pretty dire enough. But, as apathetic as I am to the character, Riri makes more sense on an official Avengers team then Doctor Doom calling himself Iron Man .
    but the avengers know that Infamous is victor von Doom?

only Tony knows his face y nothing thinks "von doom is bored and wants to make iron man because .. something with Tony Stark"

victor presented himself as victor von doom would take her much better armor, or simply not take armor, he no need armor of iron man really

hulkbuster.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Funny very funny.
    But I meant every word.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zauri View Post
    I don't know, man. I don't even know why I do this to myself. I get sad checking out these books. Then I remember that I have my Marvel Unlimited subscription and very little to look forward to. I'm thinking on just jumping to Comixology Image Independents thing next year, keep buying Dan Slott's Spider-Man and just don't give Marvel any money whatsoever anymore. Tired of getting jaded announcement after announcement.
    My backlog of back issues I've bought has reached a point where I could probably go at least a decade before running out of good stuff to read, and I'm way behind on monthlies and falling
    farther back every month. Yet every Wedneday, I bring home 25-50 new comics. Quitting any comic is tough if you've read them awhile, though, and I'm not ready to yet. I'll have plenty to read
    if Marvel does manage to completely forget about people like myself. Conservatively, I would estimate I've got about 15,000 unread that I've purchased over the last couple of years. But I
    understand why you can't just stop.

Guess poor ol me 'll never get my dream book of Declan Shavley writing and drawing a new Secret Warriors book. The lineup would include:
    -Nick Fury Jr
    -Phil Coulson
    -Shang-Chi
    -Misty Knight
    -Quake
    -Agent Yo-Yo
    Maybe Manifold if he isn't dead

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Guess poor ol me 'll never get my dream book of Declan Shavley writing and drawing a new Secret Warriors book. The lineup would include:
    -Nick Fury Jr
    -Phil Coulson
    -Shang-Chi
    -Misty Knight
    -Quake
    -Agent Yo-Yo
    I'd buy this book!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

-Nick Fury Jr
    -Phil Coulson

-Shang-Chi
    -Misty Knight
    -Quake
    -Agent Yo-Yo

Sign me up for a new Secret Warriors book (and judging from the fact that neither Elektra nor Quake have appeared on anything, I reckon we'll see on later down the line), but Sweet Baby Jesus, please keep those two away. Coulson I can kinda stomach, but "Jr" is a waste of paper. We lost THE Nick Fury for him... Just my personal opinion, but, yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post

Sign me up for a new Secret Warriors book (and judging from the fact that neither Elektra nor Quake have appeared on anything, I reckon we'll see on later down the line), but Sweet Baby Jesus, please keep those two away. Coulson I can kinda stomach, but "Jr" is a waste of paper. We lost THE Nick Fury for him... Just my personal opinion, but, yeah...
    Rly? idk I really like their dynamic together. I abhor his origin story because I thought "Marcus Johnson" was going to be someone original but I like how Spencer handled him in Secret Avengers and I am loving Declan's Choosing Sides Nick Fury Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I'd buy this book!
    ikkk it's about time we get a new Secret Warriors book.

BANNED

Rly? idk I really like their dynamic together. I abhor his origin story because I thought "Marcus Johnson" was going to be someone original but I like how Spencer handled him in Secret Avengers and I am loving Declan's Choosing Sides Nick Fury Jr.
    It's just that he exists purely "cause MCU". If they waited a bit and brought over Ultimate Nick Fury (hello Secret Wars), it could've been avoided. As it stands, for me at least, there's no "Nick Fury Jr". That guy is "Marcus Johnson", a regular SHIELD Agent who raided Steve's closet. The REAL Nick Fury is stuck on the moon, cause editorial and Aaron...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    It's just that he exists purely "cause MCU". If they waited a bit and brought over Ultimate Nick Fury (hello Secret Wars), it could've been avoided. As it stands, for me at least, there's no "Nick Fury Jr". That guy is "Marcus Johnson", a regular SHIELD Agent who raided Steve's closet. The REAL Nick Fury is stuck on the moon, cause editorial and Aaron...
    Eh. Yeah, I get the frustration with the character. There's just a certain charm given to his character by Spencer and Shavley that I just find interesting.