Page 928 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 4288288789189249259269279289299309319329389781028 ... LastLast
Results 13,906 to 13,920 of 20754
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    A lot of new collections were added to Hachette this morning, including a lot of epics
    [LIST][*]Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Omnibus
    This one interests me. It'll be dated(like what stories aren't, right?) but a fun add to the collection.

If it sells well enough they could even package the various Handbook one shots they did on a few characters/teams over the last 10 years. Not sure if there are enough of them for an Omni but an OHC perhaps.

The Iron Man Omni followup to the Busiek was also mentioned. I'll get that one also.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

Nice to see Busiek's short Power Man & Iron Fist run get collected. I'm a Scarlet Witch & Vision completist so I'm especially looking forward to their goofy but fun-as-hell guest starring issue.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Iron Man: The Mask In The Iron Man Omnibus
    On Sale: Dec. 17, 2019
    Price: $75.00 ($95.00 In Canada)
    Size: 7-1/4" X 10-7/8"
    Pages: 688
    Description: Tony Stark's newest Iron Man armor has received an unexpected upgrade: it's alive! The suit moves on its own, fi ghts on its own - and makes decisions on its own. But what happens when the suit goes too far? And does it want to merge with Tony...or kill him? Then, Tony discovers the Sons of Yinsen, worshippers of the man who helped invent his armor. But when he learns that his first foe Wong Chu still lives, Iron Man and the Sons must shatter an empire! Plus, Tony takes on a seller of super-powers, faces off against one of his oldest friends, and is forced to shut down his company! But what explosive plot have M.O.D.O.K. and the Ghost cooked up - and what is the horrifying truth behind the sentient armor?
    COLLECTING: IRON MAN (1998) 1/2, 26-49, ANNUAL 2000-2001

Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe Omnibus
    On Sale: Nov. 19, 2019
    Pages: 576
    Description: The original Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe is collected in a single hardcover for the very first time! It's the fact-filled series that put the entire Marvel Universe into the hands of wide-eyed fans of the 1980s! The OHOTMU featured stunning original art from some of the era's biggest names, and in-depth profi les of Marvel's greatest heroes and villains - from Abomination to Zzzax and pretty much everyone who was anyone (at the time) in between! Plus a lengthy section devoted to then-dead and inactive characters, and a whole book of diagrams detailing Marvel's most iconic weapons, hardware and paraphernalia! With origins, team affiliations, super power assessments and other vital statistics, this is the ultimate reference tome for the first four decades of Marvel history!
    COLLECTING: OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE (1983) 1-15

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Default Marvel Collected Editions Sales - February 2019

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for February 2019 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. I haven’t included any reentries.

2. Spider-Geddon TPB - 3,295
    3. Infinity Wars by Gerry Duggan TPB - 2,967
    8. Infinity Gauntlet: Deluxe Edition TPB - 2,473
    44. Captain Marvel: Ms. Marvel - A Hero Is Born Omnibus - 1,206
    45. Black Panther Epic Collection Vol. 2: Revenge of the Black Panther - 1,178
    47. Infinity Warps: Two-In-One TPB - 1,148
    50. Captain Marvel: Earths Mightiest Hero Vol. 5 TPB - 1,102
    54. Conan Chronicles Epic Collection Vol. 1: Out of the Darksome Hills - 1,024
    63. Decades: Marvel in the 50s - Captain America Strikes - 971
    65. The Punisher Epic Collection Vol. 3: Kingpin Rules - 950
    70. Venomnibus Vol. 2 - 904
    71. Marvel Masterworks: Luke Cage, Power Man Vol. 3 HC - 898
    72. Iron Fist: Deadly Hands Kung Fu – The Complete Collection - 879
    76. Ghost Rider: The War For Heaven Book 1 TPB - 838
    94. Punisher War Journal by Matt Fraction: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 726
    95. Excalibur Epic Collection Vol. 3: Girls School From Heck - 724
    106. Deadpool Classic Vol. 23: Mercs For Money TPB - 665
    136. Star Wars by Jason Aaron Omnibus - 544
    137. Uncanny X-Men by Kieron Gillen: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 -533
    167. Hulk: Dogs of War OHC - 440
    176. Cable & X-Force: Onslaught TPB - 418

DC's Omnibus figures:
    73. Wonder Woman by Phil Jiminez Omnibus - 874
    79. He Man & The Masters of the Universe Omnibus - 806

wow finally an Iron Man omnibus

It picks up right after the Busiek & Chen omnibus
    We need better comics

yep, it's essentially Heroes Return vol 1 + 2, ala what they did with Thor or Dr. Strange.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This one interests me. It'll be dated(like what stories aren't, right?) but a fun add to the collection.

If it sells well enough they could even package the various Handbook one shots they did on a few characters/teams over the last 10 years. Not sure if there are enough of them for an Omni but an OHC perhaps.

The Iron Man Omni followup to the Busiek was also mentioned. I'll get that one also.
    It will be interesting to see if they reprint the Marvel Universe as is. The print on the original comics was almost microscopic. Later editions had larger, easier to read print size, which is a reason the later editions were so much longer. I can see Marvel adjusting this series to double the original page count.

Amazing Member

Check it out, someone posted this on eBay. You know, that's a pretty good deal for all 8 books. And, I haven't seen a Rai for sale on there in a long time.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264245399515
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/264245401841

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Iron Man: The Mask In The Iron Man Omnibus
    On Sale: Dec. 17, 2019
    Pages: 688
    Description: Tony Stark's newest Iron Man armor has received an unexpected upgrade: it's alive! The suit moves on its own, fi ghts on its own - and makes decisions on its own. But what happens when the suit goes too far? And does it want to merge with Tony...or kill him? Then, Tony discovers the Sons of Yinsen, worshippers of the man who helped invent his armor. But when he learns that his first foe Wong Chu still lives, Iron Man and the Sons must shatter an empire! Plus, Tony takes on a seller of super-powers, faces off against one of his oldest friends, and is forced to shut down his company! But what explosive plot have M.O.D.O.K. and the Ghost cooked up - and what is the horrifying truth behind the sentient armor?
    COLLECTING: IRON MAN (1998) 1/2, 26-49, ANNUAL 2000-2001
    Does this complete the Heroes Reborn Era of Iron Man? Does issue #50 actual do that magical accounting where it has suddenly combined numbering to be like #400/50?

Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe Omnibus
    On Sale: Nov. 19, 2019
    Pages: 576
    Description: The original Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe is collected in a single hardcover for the very first time! It's the fact-filled series that put the entire Marvel Universe into the hands of wide-eyed fans of the 1980s! The OHOTMU featured stunning original art from some of the era's biggest names, and in-depth profi les of Marvel's greatest heroes and villains - from Abomination to Zzzax and pretty much everyone who was anyone (at the time) in between! Plus a lengthy section devoted to then-dead and inactive characters, and a whole book of diagrams detailing Marvel's most iconic weapons, hardware and paraphernalia! With origins, team affiliations, super power assessments and other vital statistics, this is the ultimate reference tome for the first four decades of Marvel history!
    COLLECTING: OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE (1983) 1-15
    This may not be a week of release purchase but I aim to get it. Not sure if it will sell well and I need to get sooner vs later or if it is possible clearance bin fodder???

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for February 2019 are in ....

Solid and strong numbers on CM and Venom. I feel vol.2 sold even better the initial month than vol.1 did for some reason. I hope we get a Venomnibus vol.3 there is material there I'm pretty sure, even if they included the small stint as Anti-Venom.
    Bummed about Dogs of War. As a Hulk fan I want these recent Omni(which did sell well) to help convince Collections Dept to give us(me) TIH Silver Age vol.2. Anyone think simply having the word OMNI on there would've gotten it another hundred or so units moved?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Does this complete the Heroes Reborn Era of Iron Man? Does issue #50 actual do that magical accounting where it has suddenly combined numbering to be like #400/50?
    Per Marvel Wiki, looks like IM vol 3 went for 89 issues. So another 1-2 omnis left after this new one, if they decide to keep going.
    Personally, outside of original sequantial omnibuses (3, 4, etc...) I'd rather see an omni of Fraction & LaRocca's run. A TRUE omni, not two OHCs that somehow were called Omnis on Amazon and stuff. But with them putting out complete collections of this material, I'm thinking that ship has sailed, at least for now...
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    yep, it's essentially Heroes Return vol 1 + 2, ala what they did with Thor or Dr. Strange.
    Can yo link to the Doctor Strange one please?

It's a shame we didn't get an OHC for this.
    Also, in order to complete the whole storyline, a couple of extra paperbacks are needed, correct?

Incredible Member

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for February 2019 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. I haven’t included any reentries.

3. Infinity Wars by Gerry Duggan TPB - 2,967
    8. Infinity Gauntlet: Deluxe Edition TPB - 2,473
    45. Black Panther Epic Collection Vol. 2: Revenge of the Black Panther - 1,178
    47. Infinity Warps: Two-In-One TPB - 1,148
    50. Captain Marvel: Earths Mightiest Hero Vol. 5 TPB - 1,102
    54. Conan Chronicles Epic Collection Vol. 1: Out of the Darksome Hills - 1,024
    63. Decades: Marvel in the 50s - Captain America Strikes - 971
    65. The Punisher Epic Collection Vol. 3: Kingpin Rules - 950
    71. Marvel Masterworks: Luke Cage, Power Man Vol. 3 HC - 898
    72. Iron Fist: Deadly Hands Kung Fu – The Complete Collection - 879
    76. Ghost Rider: The War For Heaven Book 1 TPB - 838
    94. Punisher War Journal by Matt Fraction: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 726
    95. Excalibur Epic Collection Vol. 3: Girls School From Heck - 724
    106. Deadpool Classic Vol. 23: Mercs For Money TPB - 665
    136. Star Wars by Jason Aaron Omnibus - 544
    137. Uncanny X-Men by Kieron Gillen: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 -533
    176. Cable & X-Force: Onslaught TPB - 418

DC's Omnibus figures:
    73. Wonder Woman by Phil Jiminez Omnibus - 874
    79. He Man & The Masters of the Universe Omnibus - 806
    Wow, the Star Wars by Jason Aaron Omnibus did not sell many copies. Would have expected much more. Thought it was a popular run. Anyway happy that I have it now

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Wow, the Star Wars by Jason Aaron Omnibus did not sell many copies. Would have expected much more. Thought it was a popular run. Anyway happy that I have it now
    Could be because a lot of people already have the OHCs?
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Could be because a lot of people already have the OHCs?
    One would assume so.

I wonder if Marvel is starting to rethink publishing these competing formats and just drop their OHC line. From what I track there are not that many OHCs being solicited as before but I could be mistaken.