Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

This was a lot of fun. I do kinda like that it was a relatively smaller scale affair, for a space station heist that is.

Quite liked this.

The art popped at places: Rahne and Karma talk, Magick's Duel
    The dialogue for Roberto was funny.
    And It got me curious on the Hellions and NM Classic.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Just a bit of a pet peeve with the beginning but Dani and Roberto feel out of character when talking bad of human society. Not only was Dani a human herself not too long ago but when she was leading the New Mutants during the Schism era, she specifically chose not to live on Utopia but instead among humans to foster Xavier’s dream. And Roberto has been working with humans since Hickman’s Avengers run, even leading AIM. His life was even recently saved by one. Like I get it that the writers want to present mutant pride but moments like this just feel OOC for them.

Other than that peeve, it was a good first issue.
    But that's an assessment anyone can make. They say human institutions and ideologies weren't built for something better and that's the kind of stuff you'll probably hear anyone more progressive saying. I don't get this mentality where what they say is necessarily anti-human or supremacist. We all know at this point that our society and the biggest institutions were built for the sake of benefitting just one specific part of humanity and exploit the rest.

Do I really have to wait a month for more??

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    But that's an assessment anyone can make. They say human institutions and ideologies weren't built for something better and that's the kind of stuff you'll probably hear anyone more progressive saying. I don't get this mentality where what they say is necessarily anti-human or supremacist. We all know at this point that our society and the biggest institutions were built for the sake of benefitting just one specific part of humanity and exploit the rest.
    It's the connotations the language makes; it's phrased a bit stiff and militantly/nationalistic and, therefore, can draw up some negative connotations for some readers, depending on the experience they've had with the language. When it comes from Magneto, for example, it does sound supremacist because that man has had no problem sending entire waves of humans into a furnace. Because we haven't exactly seen him be checked yet, and with such an emphasis on mutants differentiating themselves from humans, y'know. It's an understandable conclusion. If ever we get official in-dialogue confirmation on where characters stand in relation to this then it'll stop, until then, it's just gonna always be a point of contention, I guess.

That or we just need clearer/better phrasing.
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 11-06-2019 at 03:00 PM.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Holy crap, the new mutants are a bunch of entitled little bastards and I love it. There were times I felt like I was reading an issue of X-statix. I love how Bobby's time as an Avenger has warped him into such a narcissist. Best read off all the launches, 10/10. DO NOT STEAL BOURBON FROM SPACE PIRATES.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    The premise for them going to see Sam "just because", seems a bit weak. I was hoping it would be connected to Serafina returning and him having lived a lifetime with her.
    I like that part made it seem like this was more of a swashbuckling Adventure with friends rather than anything dire. I love the camaraderie between the New Mutants they feel much more like a family unit than any of the other X-men
    Last edited by loke13; 11-06-2019 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    holy crap, the new mutants are a bunch of entitled little bastards and i love it. there were times i felt like i was reading an issue of x-statix. I love how bobby's time as an avenger has warped him into such a narcissist. Best read off all the launches, 10/10. do not steal bourbon from space pirates.
    it was won fair and square!

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    It's the connotations the language makes; it's phrased a bit stiff and militantly/nationalistic and, therefore, can draw up some negative connotations for some readers, depending on the experience they've had with the language. When it comes from Magneto, for example, it does sound supremacist because that man has had no problem sending entire waves of humans into a furnace. Because we haven't exactly seen him be checked yet, and with such an emphasis on mutants differentiating themselves from humans, y'know. It's an understandable conclusion. If ever we get official in-dialogue confirmation on where characters stand in relation to this then it'll stop, until then, it's just gonna always be a point of contention, I guess.

That or we just need clearer/better phrasing.
    It sounds like they have been brainwashed, no one talks like that in casual conversation.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I really enjoyed this issue, my favourite of the new titles thus far. I didn't know I needed an interstellar road trip with a bunch of rowdy twenty-somethings, but I guess I did. Can't wait for Seeing Being to show up.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    It sounds like they have been brainwashed, no one talks like that in casual conversation.
    Yeah, that's a fair point too; casual conversation does not seem to be Hickman's fortè...Got the same vibe in X-Men #1 when people were crowding around Magneto saying "Tell us how you defeated the humans!"

Like, there's gotta be ways of saying the same thing without making it sound so sinister? "What was it like??" "What did they do??" "Did you win??" something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    This was so damn good. Highlights for me: Xi'an and Rahne's conversation at the beginning, Mirage defying orders and going on the ship anyway, and Berto in general. Can't t believe the StarJammers were going to leave them behind lol.

Art was magnificent throughout. Can't wait for the next one.
    I can believe it and I love that they did it! Corsair did them a favor, then told them to stay on the damn ship so they didn't screw up his super secret pirate business (though really, he should have guessed his... ahem... embellishment would fire up the hero in some of the group). They got themselves into that mess, they can get themselves out it.

I wonder if Rahne's son will come up at some point. He's still a mutant, right? So he'll be brought back to life eventually.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I wonder if Rahne's son will come up at some point. He's still a mutant, right? So he'll be brought back to life eventually.
    I think being a god takes precedence over being a mutant. Like how being a valkyrie overrode whatever it was that Dani does. (Great character, but most forgettable mutation ever.)
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Do I really have to wait a month for more??
    3 weeks. Next issue comes out November 27.