Page 405 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 305355395401402403404405406407408409415455505905 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,075 of 20948
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    My friend who just saw it is worried why so many people love it. He's concerned why so many people feel a connection to Arthur Fleck. Do these people want to break out and riot? See chaos?

Haven't seen it yet but I do feel a lot of people are disgruntled in real life and relate too easily to the Joker.
    That's similar to the argument some people use for those who like horror films - instead of just enjoying be scared (like yours truly), fans of the genre have to be budding psychopaths or deranged weirdos. I have no doubt in my mind the vast, vast majority of movie fans just want to be entertained and that's it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    That's similar to the argument some people use for those who like horror films - instead of just enjoying be scared (like yours truly), fans of the genre have to be budding psychopaths or deranged weirdos. I have no doubt in my mind the vast, vast majority of movie fans just want to be entertained and that's it.
    You'd have a point if the irl situations of mass shooters killing for spurious reasons in America wasnt a thing. If there hadnt been as many with such shitty reasoning...maybe the concern wouldnt be there ?

Either way I feel a shared universe could work, merely the Snyderverse was a rushed mess.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    You'd have a point if the irl situations of mass shooters killing for spurious reasons in America wasnt a thing. If there hadnt been as many with such shitty reasoning...maybe the concern wouldnt be there ?
    Yeah, but those mentally-disturbed people you refer to are still a tiny percentage of the population. Maybe producing only G-rated fare is the solution, but I'm pretty sure they would find another reason to hurt someone instead.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yeah, but those mentally-disturbed people you refer to are still a tiny percentage of the population. Maybe producing only G-rated fare is the solution, but I'm pretty sure they would find another reason to hurt someone instead.
    Not to bring it too political but the issue is more the free access of firearms. You can spur people to violence as much as you like but if you lack the tools its alot harder

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I imagine it must suck if you were seriously invested in that stuff and the plots that'll never get resolved, but yeah. I still occasionally see people saying that The Batman will totally be a prequel that respects the continuity of BVS even though it should be insanely obvious by now that it's a reboot, not a prequel.
    I haven’t seen that since the casting for Alfred and Gordon got announced. It’s clearly obvious that Reeves Batman is not tied in any way to Snyder’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I haven’t seen that since the casting for Alfred and Gordon got announced. It’s clearly obvious that Reeves Batman is not tied in any way to Snyder’s.
    The retort I've seen is "Harvey Dent changed races in the original Burton/Schumacher movies, but those were in the same continuity too!" which doesn't really work. Even with all the recasts in that series, they at least had Michael Gough's Alfred and Pat Hingle's Gordon onboard in each movie.

Either way I feel a shared universe could work, merely the Snyderverse was a rushed mess.
    So why is it that when Donald Trump and Fox & Friends tried to blame mass shootings on violent movies and video games the response to them was mockery from the same people who were willing to condemn the Joker movie before it was even released?

Not to bring it too political but the issue is more the free access of firearms. You can spur people to violence as much as you like but if you lack the tools its alot harder
    Mentally disturbed individuals will always find access to firearms, whether it's easier or not. Regardless, the way the media chose to attack Joker was appalling and I'm glad to see it blew up in their face. They only ended up giving the movie tons of free publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Mentally disturbed individuals will always find access to firearms, whether it's easier or not. Regardless, the way the media chose to attack Joker was appalling and I'm glad to see it blew up in their face. They only ended up giving the movie tons of free publicity.
    No, they won't.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    No, they won't.
    I'm not getting any further into the gun control debate. The point was that the Joker movie was pre-judged and condemned by the access media before the audience ever got a chance to see it. That wasn't right and it blew up in their face since people saw through it right away. Same thing would've happened if the media decided to demonize Fast & Furious for reckless driving.

Guys, please keep the political debates for the Community forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The retort I've seen is "Harvey Dent changed races in the original Burton/Schumacher movies, but those were in the same continuity too!" which doesn't really work. Even with all the recasts in that series, they at least had Michael Gough's Alfred and Pat Hingle's Gordon onboard in each movie.
    Some delusional die hards will never accept reality but those are the minority. For the majority of us it is plainly clear that Reeves Batman and Snyder Batman will not connect at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    People complained when WB tried to copy the MCU. Now that theyÂ’re not doing that anymore people are complaining that theyÂ’re NOT copying the MCU lol. But yeah, the goal is to move away from the Snyder Era films not continue to tie into them. WeÂ’ll never see Eisenberg leading the LoD (and thank Christ for that). IÂ’d much rather see what Ava can do with the New Gods without being tied down by SnyderÂ’s take.
    Not only that. People also say they never go to the movies and also say they only watch marvel movie and people say also they do not watch CB movies at all but everything else. urgh... people. Its almost as if there are more than one type.

Its one thing to move away from the darker Snyder style; which was below expectations but that is far from a total failure that some people (omg people again! ) try to make it out to be; but keep the connection. GGs awesome BvS debut blew away a lot of fears people had for her Wonder Woman and Aquaman was after Justice League in which he also was a prominent figure. Shazam! also had lots of ties. These are all great examples of moving away but still be in the continuity and be warmly accepted.

Although I'm not all to sure how save Shazam! is since I assume it also went below expectations financially. We all know why and that none of it is the movies fault of course; but reasoning & details rarely counts.

https://collider.com/jayme-lawson-joins-the-batman/

Up-and-coming actress Jayme Lawson, who recently graduated from Juilliard, has landed a notable role alongside Robert Pattinson in The Batman, Collider has exclusively learned.
    People are saying she's Batgirl.

Last edited by Pinsir; 11-11-2019 at 01:37 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

If it's Barbara, so far this is the 3rd character turned from white to black. I hope Reeves and WB are aware that diversity isn't limited to black and white.