Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Can I just point out that it's just easier to draw attractive characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Can I just point out that it's just easier to draw attractive characters?
    That makes a lot of sense.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Glob Herman probably isn't going to win any pageants.
    no one designed by Frank Quietly is going to win a pageant. any character he draws is going to look like they've rubbed their face in raw chicken.

Characters who are psychic and most magic users really have no reason to be particularly in shape, their entire method of combat is non-physical and most of the time they're levitating so there isn't even exercise in chasing someone.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    While it's hard to know what the beauty standards are for the Vision, I always think that he should be considered at least somewhat unattractive. If only because the people who gave him his body (Jim Hammond) and brain (Simon Williams) both have conventional human good looks, and that is a source of his own angst about being just a "copy" of a human. Plus even though a lot of human women have been attracted to him, there's always an implication that they see beyond his looks to the real man inside or whatever.
    huh? I thought that it was pretty much canon that Scarlet Witch was all about that body and his ability to control his own density? Vision doesn't have that strong of a personality. I want everyone to go reread that comic where he goes on a date with Carol Danvers. the dude is not fun to hang out with.

Butterball and Goldballs, though Goldballs got better looking once he joined Spider-Man's cast.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    Being a little overweight is not gross, plus he only became a superhero by stealing a suit. No training or preparation.
    1) it's gross

2) why does everyone forget that Scott was, both, in prison and partially reliant on his physical ability to get into house? you know a lot of fat cat burglars? let's go back to his origin story in Marvel Premiere. skip to the scene where he's trying on the costume for the first time. he says that Pym must have been in great shape because the costume fits him (Lang).

3) I didn't post that picture for my health. you can clearly see that he's not that muscular. that is a very average build for a guy who has to engage in moderate exercise simply to survive. he has to be nimble to avoid attackers.

if you need a big boned hero, i'm pretty sure that Butterball is still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I was impressed that Bendis made Ganke unattractive looking as he’s a friend of the attractive Miles Morales. The Ganke’s of the Marvel Universe should number more than just Ganke and Butterball.
    the designated fat friend is a well worn cliché. if it were the reverse situation, that would be something to be impressed by (imo).

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

You must be a real treat to work with if you think half the people on earth are gross...
    Baby Thanos

You must be a real treat to work with if you think half the people on earth are gross...
    you're the one focused on making a character overweight. it's something that would hurt his popularity. i'm not warring on fatties. i'm defending the character.

There are plenty of popular fat people.

Like Jack Black
    Baby Thanos

There are plenty of popular fat people.

Like Jack Black
    which Marvel character does he play? and how well did Nacho Libre do?

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Don't know but honestly probably made a lot more money than the latest Ant-Man series if I read the comic sales report correctly
    Baby Thanos

Don't know but honestly probably made a lot more money than the latest Ant-Man series if I read the comic sales report correctly
    i would expect a movie to make more than a comic book. but you're making my point for me. he's not the kind of character that can get away with it. you need him to be fat. i don't. we can both have our opinions. but you aren't going to change my mind.