Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Regarding the engineering stuff....

As I said in that other thread, which was quoted above, I could take or leave the idea. The DCU is full of tech experts and geniuses, so Cisco being among them feels just a bit redundant to me, and much like Martin Stein I doubt Cisco would get any credit for his skills in the wider DCU.

I was thinking about Vibe, and how I'd approach the character, and I thought that making him an engineering student with a music minor might work. That keeps with his age bracket, it gives him enough knowledge and skill that he could, when combining that education with his powers, still create some cool stuff without putting him on the level of the other geniuses in DC (he'll never compare to them in the minds of fans anyway), and the music minor homages his original iteration and adds some character development.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

As I said in that other thread, which was quoted above, I could take or leave the idea. The DCU is full of tech experts and geniuses, so Cisco being among them feels just a bit redundant to me, and much like Martin Stein I doubt Cisco would get any credit for his skills in the wider DCU.

I was thinking about Vibe, and how I'd approach the character, and I thought that making him an engineering student with a music minor might work. That keeps with his age bracket, it gives him enough knowledge and skill that he could, when combining that education with his powers, still create some cool stuff without putting him on the level of the other geniuses in DC (he'll never compare to them in the minds of fans anyway), and the music minor homages his original iteration and adds some character development.
    You could make him a physicist to be more specific.

Any way, I'd do a book about Cisco's brother Dante (or is it Armundo) looking for his brother who's been lost since Forever Evil. As the Justice League and Titans are too busy to help he gets in touch with the following:

Cynthia Reynolds
    Faith
    Lurdes Lucero
    Karen Starr
    Michael Holt
    Kendra Saunders
    Alba Garcia

Cynthia, Michael, Karen and Kendra would be the most familiar with traversing the universe and Lurdes, Alba and Faith would provide much needed muscle in case of battles. As they seek out Cisco the Rebirth starts to affect them to.

It might work better with an actual writer at the helm.

Although I love him as the behind the scenes guy, whenever Barry is out there.
    They've really pushed his power, costumed, "super-hero" side forward on the show, and I think it's great!

I'm surprised the comics still haven't capitalized on this fun character. Would love to see Cisco get a book again, using something closer to his CW character personality, tech. savi, and multiverse-breacher power.

Or since they really are pushing the Gypsy-Vibe romance...
    Maybe a Gypsy Vibe team-up book.

Or at least put them on a team book.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-25-2017 at 07:59 PM.

I'd be happy just to see him as a major supporting character in Flash, honestly.

Or in a League title.

Or anywhere, really. He's been missing since Trinity War and DC is totally missing an opportunity here.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Also speaking of Gypsy, I posted this in another thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like it .
    Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post
    I prefer the above photo too.

I always disappointed at how generic Gypsy was portrayed once she ditched her original look ... even just some hoop earrings would help with her look.
    Sorry for the bad photoshop, but anyone else wish her TV costume had a bit more fun with her look with a bit more color and flair.

Also I wish they hadn't locked Gypsy into being from one specific dimension/universe, It's like they took all the fun and mystery from her character. Who in the comic was more like someone who was traveling or lost between multiverses, who doesn't quite exist in any of them. Or rather exists in all of them, sort of a lost dimension wanderer, never tied to one.
    That way Cisco/Vibe can be the one guy who can reach her.

Also I can't believe Cisco hasn't dropped the Bogie line- "Of all the alternate realities, in all the parallel dimensions, in all the multi-verse, she had to walk into mine."

I'd be happy just to see him as a major supporting character in Flash, honestly.

Or in a League title.

Or anywhere, really. He's been missing since Trinity War and DC is totally missing an opportunity here.
    Agree!
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-25-2017 at 08:01 PM.

BANNED

Honestly surprise this guy has an appreciation thread. No offense but the guy's was dead for 20 something years barely making an impact on what I assume was a black year for the League.

Now to give the guy a positive note I do feel this guy should be in the current JLA that place does feel a bit more natural for him to go rather than this whole Agent of Argus stuff that apparently happened to him (never read his series).

I think it would be interesting if he popped up in Sideways because their powers or niche have a similiarity. Since Vibe is older than derek maybe he can be a fun mentor?

I felt the solo series had the right ideas but maybe the timing was off or tying him into Forever Evil was bad. Granted him meeting an evil version of himself would have been a good tie-in plot.

I feel like he has potential but everybody's plates is full and they have other character to use.

As probably one of the very few that can't stand the CW's Vibe, I like your idea for the comic Vibe.
    I wouldn't mind if he was a little happy-go-lucky too.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    As probably one of the very few that can't stand the CW's Vibe, I like your idea for the comic Vibe.
    I wouldn't mind if he was a little happy-go-lucky too.
    Thanks.

I really don't understand why they're not using him more.

He's got the diversity thing in his favor, and DC is about to launch an entire imprint featuring diverse characters.

He's got the multiverse thing going, and no one else is really digging into that aspect of the DCU despite a lot of multiversal stories getting tossed around in recent years. (Seriously, where the hell is this kid during Metal????)

He's got the larger media thing going, and is a fan favorite member of the Flash cast.

For real DC, what's your problem here? You've got a dimensional border cop, which is a niche no one else is even close to filling right now, who also happens to hit the representation mark the company is struggling to achieve, and you have the potential to pull in readers who know him from the CW.

There's literally no reason on earth not to be using him somewhere right now.

~ Black Panther.

Thanks.

He's got the diversity thing in his favor, and DC is about to launch an entire imprint featuring diverse characters.

He's got the multiverse thing going, and no one else is really digging into that aspect of the DCU despite a lot of multiversal stories getting tossed around in recent years. (Seriously, where the hell is this kid during Metal????)

He's got the larger media thing going, and is a fan favorite member of the Flash cast.

For real DC, what's your problem here? You've got a dimensional border cop, which is a niche no one else is even close to filling right now, who also happens to hit the representation mark the company is struggling to achieve, and you have the potential to pull in readers who know him from the CW.

Vibe isn't being used right now because Blue Beetle is active and has his own book. I know it sounds silly, but DC has this strange habit of only pushing one Latino at a time. With Jaime active, there's no need for Cisco right now, unfortunately. I fully expect Jaime to go into limbo once Sideways/Derek comes around next year.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Vibe and Vixen together on a DC cover again!
    OK I'll take what I can get even on a faux DC cover promo for CW.

Don't know if this is the first time CW's Vixen and Vibe will be meeting or on the same team.
    To bad they couldn't have also included Steel(Legends of Tomorrow), Gypsy(from Flash), and J'onn J'onzz(from Supergirl)
    Bringing together the Detroit League.
    I would still like to see CW Detroit League come together in a cross-over episode!

Last edited by Güicho; 11-10-2017 at 11:36 AM.

They really ought to change Cynthia's name

BANNED

Thanks.

He's what the Timeline is to Booster Gold: He's the hero that no one really knows. It's sad given how much pull that Geoff Johns has at DC that he cannot get them to let Vibe get a second chance again. Especially now with the whole Dark Multiverse and all that.

Is Vibes solo any good?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Vibe isn't being used right now because Blue Beetle is active and has his own book. I know it sounds silly, but DC has this strange habit of only pushing one Latino at a time. With Jaime active, there's no need for Cisco right now, unfortunately. I fully expect Jaime to go into limbo once Sideways/Derek comes around next year.
    This is extremely sad, a whole universe of characters and you can only push one guy at a time.