Page 340 of 354 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 5304
    BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Wonder what excuse our dear friend will come up for all those instances of Odin, especially the one where he was scared to fight Mangog.....Let's see how he defends Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Wonder what excuse our dear friend will come up for all those instances of Odin, especially the one where he was scared to fight Mangog.....Let's see how he defends Aaron
    It will definitely be a big essay.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Personally I didn’t like the way that Frenz worked at all. The odd ‘homage’ cover or two to great past artists like Kirby and Buscema is fine but he went too far in the actual stories and I’m surprised that the editors let him get away with it.
    Itīs not the first time that i read that Frenz art style was too similiar to Kirby and Buscema.
    I did not read all the Tom De Falco and Ron Frenz run on Thor,just some stories.But i did find the illustrations of Frenz in Amazing Spider-Man awesome.He tried to emulate a bit the Steve Dikto art in Amazing Spider-Man.
    But even so in Amazing Spider-Man the art by him was great,to me Frenz is one of the best artistīs that have art that is similar to art styles from other artistīs but at the same time the art he does still have something unique that does not make him a artist that just copies others art styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I have to agree. He did use a lot of Kirby and Buscema but he organized it in a way that never looked bad but brought a unified style to the book that made it look even fresh and nostalgic.
    For sure.
    One of the things i liked more in Ron Frenz art style was that his art style looked fresh but at the same time nostalgic.
    Something that not many artistīs can do well imo.
    Last edited by comicscollector; 10-31-2018 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    it almost brought tear to me eye.

but that last part with RIP was funny and sad at the same time

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!!!

Thor #4 Oct 1998
    "Deal with the Devil!" Part 2 of 2. Guest-starring the Sub-Mariner.
    Among the ruins of Asgard, Dark Gods plot the final destruction of the Odinson.

Meanwhile, the Mighty Thor, side-by-side with the Lord of Atlantis, Namor the Savage Sub-Mariner, battles Sedna, the Sea Spirit,

and the monstrous leviathan she has summoned forth from the oceanic depths.

Story by Dan Jurgens. Art by John Romita, Jr. and Klaus Janson.

It wasn’t too pleasing.

But...maybe black humour...there was one laugh out loud moment. When Thor is cowering from beating Hulk is dishing out, Cap America steps forward and says “Thor, behind me”.

World upside down time!

Astonishing Member

it almost brought tear to me eye.

but that last part with RIP was funny and sad at the same time
    I have no idea, none what so ever, why they took him down this direction

I find it staggering I really do

I appreciate some love it, but genuinely I cannot find anything to like about anything Aaron has done with thor nor how thor has been handled since the whisper

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I have no idea, none what so ever, why they took him down this direction

I find it staggering I really do

I appreciate some love it, but genuinely I cannot find anything to like about anything Aaron has done with thor nor how thor has been handled since the whisper
    for new generation maybe.

Was it ever revealed as to what was whispered to Thor?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Was it ever revealed as to what was whispered to Thor?
    "Gorr was right."

And to this day I still don't buy that would make Thor Unworthy (and frankly I still don't get how he's Unworthy).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Gorr was right."

And to this day I still don't buy that would make Thor Unworthy (and frankly I still don't get how he's Unworthy).
    Truth.

I mean... after all, he didn't believe it when GOR said it... why would NICK FURY saying it be the 'be all and end all' authority on the matter?!? Now, Captain America maybe... or Odin... but Nick Fury?!? What is HE to Thor? He's been dealing with athiests for centuries but some mortal telling him he isn't worthy alters his whole life?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Truth.

I mean... after all, he didn't believe it when GOR said it... why would NICK FURY saying it be the 'be all and end all' authority on the matter?!? Now, Captain America maybe... or Odin... but Nick Fury?!? What is HE to Thor? He's been dealing with athiests for centuries but some mortal telling him he isn't worthy alters his whole life?
    because Aaron logic.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Gorr was right."

I agree. When I first read it, it seemed very superficial, and I knew the explanation was not going to deliver. I've always pretended the real message was something like "Sorry, old pal, the editors and the writer want you unworthy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox_Nihil View Post
    I agree. When I first read it, it seemed very superficial, and I knew the explanation was not going to deliver. I've always pretended the real message was something like "Sorry, old pal, the editors and the writer want you unworthy!"
    Yeah, if Thor questioning whether the gods are really worthy is enough to make him Unworthy then he shouldn't have been able to lift the hammer ages ago.

I don't think Aaron did a good job of presenting what it is that makes someone worthy versus what doesn't, or what Thor was lacking that made it so that Jane could just lift off the hammer and he still can't because Jane's Thor was never all that different from Thor just being Thor.