Page 691 of 744 FirstFirst ... 191591641681687688689690691692693694695701741 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,365 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    GODDESS BE PRAISED!!!
    I want this post on every comic book site there is...because those who "think" they're "woke"...but actually Fauke...are still in bed, drooling on themselves, while the rest of us are wide awake.
    This post here, nice.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I was born in London, UK to Nigerian parents, subsequently studied, worked and lived in Nigeria for a solid thirteen years before returning to the UK in the late 80's, have never visited the US but still know about all of the history relating to the Black Panther Revolutionary movement, Fred Hampton, the Tulsa massacre and literally close to everything about the Civil rights struggle in America because I've always had an inquisitively open minded approach to learning that's governed my life to date.

Up until the recent launch of the Watchmen TV show, many of your fellow Americans (regardless of ethnicity) knew next to nothing about the Tulsa Massacre or Black Wall Street so I'm not sure where you get off maligning African immigrants who come to the USA from incredibly hostile environments, adapt to America and then, go on to achieve academically, get good jobs and build solid foundations for themselves for the most part despite the racism they face from some white Americans and the derision and ignorance they receive from some African-Americans.

If you knew anything about the hostile environments some of these Africans came from rife with daily adversity and uncertainty, you'd have some awareness as to why some of these African immigrants you've predictably called out, look askance at some of their African-American cousins who after many years after slavery ended, still remain ignorant as to their own innate strengths and capacity to overcome the very real adversity they face living in a construct designed to slow anyone without full knowledge of self, excelling to the fullest.

I have cousins born in the US to Nigerian parents, who've never had any negative encounters with the police and who for the most part get on with their daily lives dealing with lifes challenges on the regular.

They don't have time to "look down" on anybody as they're to busy excelling but that hasn't precluded them from having their distinctly African names being sneered at by some of their African-American cousins.

As for Coates the quality of Coates writing and its impact on the BP mythos, it was pretty obvious to me before he even penned the first issue of his run, that this writer knew absolutely nothing about actual African history or any of the rich cultural heritages that make up the rich tapestry of the entire length and breadth of the African continent.

I say this with full confidence because at the end of the day, if Coaes had done his due diligence as regards actual research into African history, he would have had a clearer understanding of the historical inspiration for the Dora Milaje, the rich history of pre Western-intervention African systems of governance that existed for millennia that sustained these African civilizations long before the arrival of the white man.

If Coates had even a baseline awareness of actual African history as opposed to his predilection for employing hyper-exaggerated stereotypes of African violence in his storytelling, he wouldn't have deployed his own jaundiced views of Africa into the Afrofuturistic milieu that Stan and Jack created all the way back in 1966.

Coates seeming disdain for Africans coupled with a possible inferiority complex on his part, has him locked in a never ending moebius loop that compels him to force his own thoroughly westernized perceptions of Africa upon a purely fictional African civilisation that was designed by two Jewish guys, to be fantastic exploration of what could have been if left untouched by Western imperialism.

It's Coates ignorance of pre-slave trade African history coupled with his a$$ backwards perception of Africans in general, that's informed every facet of his approach to the Black Panther mythos so it really doesn't come as a surprise to me that some folks who similarly lack any fact based knowledge of Africa and its multifaceted cultures would find no fault with his tone deaf BP solo, the ongoing and very deliberate neutering of T'Challa and his wholesale downgrading of Wakanda to a futuristic nation plagued with the the same psychological mental blocks suffered by others who were subjected to hundreds of years of mental and physical subjugation by colonisers.

Coates skewed mentality has completely unable to countenance the existence of an African nation wholly independent and advanced to the highest level even when based within a wholly fictional sci-fi setting and because his imagination doesn't stretch that far, rape camps and Boko Haram type activities within Wakanda, were the default aesthetic he chose to go with.

The sooner Coates gets done with his retrograde take on the BP mythos the better.

He can go learn how to write comic books with some other character.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

About as succinctly as you can it.

Coates decided to do a bunch of research into maps, poems, and some "african" names... didn't do any research into the actual character.

Sometimes I forget that this run could be extra irritating to actual Africans
    I have direct connections to the African continent and Coates' run is really irritating to actual Africans

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    He would make Superman into Highlander but then make it really boring on top of it while doing interviews telling you how his Superman is from an immigrant coming into a new country angle or some gobblygook garbage
    Coates is probably one of those cynical writers who thinks that Superman is boring and unrealistic. His Superman would be a psuedo-fascist like general zod or a gloryhound because he doesn't believe that a man with his power would do the right thing because its the right thing to do. Even though Injustice, Irredeemable, and Homelander from The Boys did that already. Mark Millar did it better in Red Son, and he's crazy cynical.

Edit. Maj has taken pole position a la Lewis Hamilton, We can all go home now.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 12-06-2019 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I checked with my LCS, they said no more solicitations that they could see. I think Kibblesmith, Narcisse, Aaron, and Zub have been doing good work too.
    Not saying they aren't getting it. They did/are doing good, but those are either mini's or team books. But they have been channeling that BP energy well. But I want Redjack to write the solo because he's a professional and he has already shown he knows how to write T'Challa and Wakanda and Making the supporting cast interesting without jobbing T'Challa or making it about them.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I was born in London, UK to Nigerian parents, subsequently studied, worked and lived in Nigeria for a solid thirteen years before returning to the UK in the late 80's, have never visited the US but still know about all of the history relating to the Black Panther Revolutionary movement, Fred Hampton, the Tulsa massacre and literally close to everything about the Civil rights struggle in America because I've always had an inquisitively open minded approach to learning that's governed my life to date.

Up until the recent launch of the Watchmen TV show, many of your fellow Americans (regardless of ethnicity) knew next to nothing about the Tulsa Massacre or Black Wall Street so I'm not sure where you get off maligning African immigrants who come to the USA from incredibly hostile environments, adapt to America and then, go on to achieve academically, get good jobs and build solid foundations for themselves for the most part despite the racism they face from some white Americans and the derision and ignorance they receive from some African-Americans.

If you knew anything about the hostile environments some of these Africans came from rife with daily adversity and uncertainty, you'd have some awareness as to why some of these African immigrants you've predictably called out, look askance at some of their African-American cousins who after many years after slavery ended, still remain ignorant as to their own innate strengths and capacity to overcome the very real adversity they face living in a construct designed to slow anyone without full knowledge of self, excelling to the fullest.

I have cousins born in the US to Nigerian parents, who've never had any negative encounters with the police and who for the most part get on with their daily lives dealing with lifes challenges on the regular.

They don't have time to "look down" on anybody as they're to busy excelling but that hasn't precluded them from having their distinctly African names being sneered at by some of their African-American cousins.

As for Coates the quality of Coates writing and its impact on the BP mythos, it was pretty obvious to me before he even penned the first issue of his run, that this writer knew absolutely nothing about actual African history or any of the rich cultural heritages that make up the rich tapestry of the entire length and breadth of the African continent.

I say this with full confidence because at the end of the day, if Coaes had done his due diligence as regards actual research into African history, he would have had a clearer understanding of the historical inspiration for the Dora Milaje, the rich history of pre Western-intervention African systems of governance that existed for millennia that sustained these African civilizations long before the arrival of the white man.

If Coates had even a baseline awareness of actual African history as opposed to his predilection for employing hyper-exaggerated stereotypes of African violence in his storytelling, he wouldn't have deployed his own jaundiced views of Africa into the Afrofuturistic milieu that Stan and Jack created all the way back in 1966.

Coates seeming disdain for Africans coupled with a possible inferiority complex on his part, has him locked in a never ending moebius loop that compels him to force his own thoroughly westernized perceptions of Africa upon a purely fictional African civilisation that was designed by two Jewish guys, to be fantastic exploration of what could have been if left untouched by Western imperialism.

It's Coates ignorance of pre-slave trade African history coupled with his a$$ backwards perception of Africans in general, that's informed every facet of his approach to the Black Panther mythos so it really doesn't come as a surprise to me that some folks who similarly lack any fact based knowledge of Africa and its multifaceted cultures would find no fault with his tone deaf BP solo, the ongoing and very deliberate neutering of T'Challa and his wholesale downgrading of Wakanda to a futuristic nation plagued with the the same psychological mental blocks suffered by others who were subjected to hundreds of years of mental and physical subjugation by colonisers.

Coates skewed mentality has completely unable to countenance the existence of an African nation wholly independent and advanced to the highest level even when based within a wholly fictional sci-fi setting and because his imagination doesn't stretch that far, rape camps and Boko Haram type activities within Wakanda, were the default aesthetic he chose to go with.

The sooner Coates gets done with his retrograde take on the BP mythos the better.

This post hit different as a fellow British Nigerian.

Maj... Brother you just walk through this forum like

Straight fire, completely and utterly articulates the issues with Coates and brings it all in for a slam dunk. This is THE post. It's very telling that Coates didn't get the message the Stan and Kirby were delivering. Pretty sad that two Jewish guys on 1966 are more aware and woke then some of these others in 2019. But they don't they are too busy stuck in that defeated mindset and can't see potential anywhere or if they do they feel the need to tear it down into something they are used to seeing. Exactly what racists and unfans want
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 12-06-2019 at 08:45 AM.

Does anyone that speaks the language or found a translation know what each tribe's warrior sound during the initial Waterfall fight?

After Zuri explains the rules of engagement for the trial, the four tribes, represented each by a warrior, an elder, and their associated crowds, accept T'Challa as their king, following the simple pattern of

Warrior calls out phrase

Crowd repeats phrase

Elder proclaims that "The <insert name here> tribe will not challenge today."

what is the translation for what each tribe said?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

*deleted post*
    Last edited by Golden Guardian of Good; 12-06-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    If you mean IDW, its already been cancelled and you can find it in a dumpster fire. But that is from an adults perspective. An elementary school child might think differently

this has already been canceled? wth? and the blame cant be put on coates either??? is the sky falling?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-06-2019 at 10:36 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mr. Maj, as always droppin' bars of straight devastation. Had me thinking that even with the rich resources of African mythology and folklore that is already established, Coates attempts at incorporation were just horrible. We got Oba, Shango, Oro, and Ogun. So many more that could have used to make stories that build up and flesh abstract and amazing concepts that display the richness of black /African philosophy and originality blended with modern and futuristic concepts. Like bro Maj. said, if only Coates had done a little more intentional research. ...Dammit, the stuff almost could write itself.

Incredible Member

You sound like a Yoruba man. I'm certain you are. Lol. Oga, you dey kill with this post O.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

this has already been canceled? wth? and the blame cant be put on coates either??? is the sky falling?
    Why would I blame Coates. Its a different company and not even 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    I have direct connections to the African continent and Coates' run is really irritating to actual Africans
    How? No one's reading it.

Dear Majestic...

When writing such blazing posts as that you have to add the special effects to authenticate pure ownage!

BTW my mom lived up the street from Fred Hampton and my wife is still Wakandan... OOPS I mean South African so our son does not get along with his conflicted self and talks to the padded walls at Arkham Asylum about Africans versus African Americans!
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

No the book failed the same reason wow, crew, long live, Shuri, and Wakanda forever failed.

Shade throwing on T'Challa, using his name on the title but having him be a background Character, and just poorly done stories to top it off