Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    The charged fists thing is actually cool and I hope it sticks around. The going hand to hand with apocalypse...sigh...that is pretty dumb.
    I have faith in Remy. You go honey!! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I have faith in Remy. You go honey!! <3
    Yeah, I do too, it's just ... we've been burned on this before and A is way above his power level. I just hope it doesn't go badly.

As for the charged fists, we first saw those in MMX against Spiral I believe? And I actually love it. Cool new use and interpretation of his power set.

More photos to share:

excal6.jpg

excal5.jpg

Is Remy brushing flower and plant debris out of Rogue's hair? Because that would be sweet of him.

And is this upcoming or from Rogue's dreamscape?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Yeah, I do too, it's just ... we've been burned on this before and A is way above his power level. I just hope it doesn't go badly.

As for the charged fists, we first saw those in MMX against Spiral I believe? And I actually love it. Cool new use and interpretation of his power set.

More photos to share:

excal6.jpg

excal5.jpg

Is Remy brushing flower and plant debris out of Rogue's hair? Because that would be sweet of him.

And is this upcoming or from Rogue's dreamscape?
    Above his power level, definitely, but don't forget; Remy's a crafty little fucker when he needs to be. He can't out-muscle Apocalypse but there's plenty there he can charge if only for distraction's sake. Hopefully Howard goes that route...it's the only sliver of optimism I have left.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    So... we really are back to square one with her powers? God, we’ll never get to see her move on from MaH pOwErS will we?
    Holy crap that's so frustrating. I'm so sick of that as a plot point, especially this soon after it dominating most of MMX's story
    Make Good Art

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Holy crap that's so frustrating. I'm so sick of that as a plot point, especially this soon after it dominating most of MMX's story
    Either Tini handwaved all the work Kelly did in MMX or this is her CYA-ing the continuity error from Excalibur being written however many months ago while MMX was active with neither editor talking to the other.

Gambit brushing Rogue’s hair is adorable. Her hair has got to be a complete wreak, hopefully he washed it first.

Yeah, I mean I didn't expect that Rogue would ever be "cured". Struggling with her powers has been something integral and identifying about her character that people really connect with.

But having it be an personal struggle that she actually has agency over is what MMX gave us and I really, really like.

That said, I really don't want her struggle to continue being a major plot point all the time. So I hope that's not where this is going.

Yay! My favorite couple's new 2020 thread - Thank you Apple J! This is gonna be a BIG YEAR and I only hope that Tini gives us good stuff when it comes to Romy. So far I haven't quite seen what I'm hoping for but I have some faith. The preview of Remy brushing her hair is ADORABLE. Ugh, I love Marcus To SO DARN MUCH. He's great and I would have KILLED for him to be the artist in MMX. Oscar wasn't bad but he wasn't my flavor. To, he's the bees knees. I need a commission from this man.

Here are some of my fav moments of 2019 and I can only hope for BIGGER and BETTER this new year!

My buddy picked up this sweet Anka print for me at NYCC
    Romy Anka.jpg

I received both my MMX trades from Kelly Thompson (I only snapped a picture of one of the insides of the book though)
    Romy MMX KT.jpg

aaaaaand I'm a lucky ducky that got a Christmas card from Ludi. She's the BEST.
    Romy Ludi.jpg

These are just a few but To is WAY UP THERE and mostly I'm excited for his 2020 Romy drawings.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Attachment 91176

Excited if Gambit finally gets to tell this jerk off, but scared they'll just make Remy seem like an ass again. Oy.
    Earlier I would be so excited to see a panel like this. Tini killed any exitement for me. Don't expect anything good for Gambit with her writing.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Definitely jealous of the trades and the print, Romy Ship!

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Earlier I would be so excited to see a panel like this. Tini killed any exitement for me. Don't expect anything good for Gambit with her writing.
    I'm trying to keep an open mind, but unfortunately, I'm with you. I feel like this is just going to be bad for Gambit.
    Make Good Art

Yeah if it was another writer I'd be excited about it but knowing what happened the previous time and that Apocalypse is one of Tini's faves my hopes are slim. At least I hope he won't come out looking like a weak idiot.

Another arc with Rogue struggling with her powers? No thanks. A sassy Rogue tearing up the landscape? Yes, please, and thank you. Now if only someone at Marvel would take notice.

The thought of Gambit facing off against Apocalypse is making me cringe. I just want him to look awesome, but I'm afraid the opposite will happen. *le sigh*

Pretty telling that the X-men monday bit was devoid of Gambit and Jubilee questions. It's hard to insert criticism in that format so instead we get nothing. Hope Tini is aware of that.

The Rogue question is both intriguing and exhausting. No I don't want her powers to change again. Still one must hope Tini really has a good plan here. For me this is the first clue that Tini actually choose Rogue herself. Or maybe that is just an after construction in the narrative on her part. Either way hopefully Rogue can get more of Tini's attention and that results in some good writting.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Pretty telling that the X-men monday bit was devoid of Gambit and Jubilee questions. It's hard to insert criticism in that format so instead we get nothing. Hope Tini is aware of that.
    Yeah, I think besides of asking when those two are going to do something meaningful there weren't any other possible questions. This interviews are way too friendly, the writers are thrown soft ball after soft ball.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Yeah, I think besides of asking when those two are going to do something meaningful there weren't any other possible questions. This interviews are way too friendly, the writers are thrown soft ball after soft ball.
    Agree. Witch would be fine if there was other interviews to go for those harder questions. As it is now all we have is this X-men monday piece. 4 issues in and I have no clue what Tini thinks about Gambit. Has she read X-men issues with him? Asmus solo? Fabian solo? KT's ongoing and the earlier mini. Nada. So I have to speculate, witch is getting pretty annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post

The Rogue question is both intriguing and exhausting. No I don't want her powers to change again. Still one must hope Tini really has a good plan here. For me this is the first clue that Tini actually choose Rogue herself. Or maybe that is just an after construction in the narrative on her part. Either way hopefully Rogue can get more of Tini's attention and that results in some good writting.
    I actually had questions about both Gambit and Jubilee that were kind of softballs IMO. But each user probably only gets one ask and they used my top ask at least.

But I don't think these columns are meant to be critical and of course they must be spoiler free as well, so doesn't leave much.