Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 LastLast

I mean, no mentor is perfect, but I think Bruce has enough good qualities to qualify as a good role model in some respects.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Aside from the daughter who want's to be like her crime fighting folks going on to take over from them being the story of Helena Wayne.

Dick has been fighting in this War since he was 8 meaning that he is the Bat that has committed the most of his time alive to the war.
    Damian has given his life twice for the War and according to Rebirth Batman is so committed he exchanged his soul for the spell to save Gotham.
    The war took Jason's life and even after being forced to dig his way out of a grave he's still fighting.

Wanting to be like Bruce isn't a good thing since he isn't a positive role model. The best thing about Batman/Bruce is that he managed to raise a better hero in the form of Dick Grayson.

Damian admired Bruce and wanted to be just like him but Bruce/Batman has been a negative influence [illegal jails, the no killing rule being flexible outside Gotham, encouraging distrust and withholding info from close allies etc]

Dick and Babs are better role models
    Yeah, there's a gulf of distance between Cass and Helena. To begin with, Cass exists comfortably in canon. Helena Wayne, does not.

Also, Bruce not being the perfect mentor? So what? That's where drama comes from

Alright well something very interesting and unexpected happened to Cass in Dead Planet #5 today.

spoilers:
    Bat-Zam? Captain Batgirl? Cassandra Marvel? I’m trying to come up with good names right now.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright well something very interesting and unexpected happened to Cass in Dead Planet #5 today.

spoilers:
    Bat-Zam? Captain Batgirl? Cassandra Marvel? I’m trying to come up with good names right now.
    end of spoilers
    Easily the best Elseworlds treatment of Cass. Balances out her other, underwhelming appearance

Taylor's good for out of the box idea with characters and giving unexpected names big moments, for all his faults.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Taylor's good for out of the box idea with characters and giving unexpected names big moments, for all his faults.
    In terms of logical narrative though, I thought it worked pretty well. Cass is mostly a creature of instinct

Astonishing Member

I feel like like when Taylor has more freedom his writing is better.

Incredible Member

It's funny how we get a powerup for Cassandra in Dead Planet followed by a poor showing in Dark Multiverse - Hush.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    It's funny how we get a powerup for Cassandra in Dead Planet followed by a poor showing in Dark Multiverse - Hush.
    The latter was a throwaway cameo just like Tim was in the one-shot, and the writer (or artist) putting her into the comic being like (yeah why WASN'T she in this original story?).
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Honestly, I hate how they keep trying to push Cass to the fringes of the Batclan, when she ought to be part of the inner circle.

Why is it Bruce can have four freakin' sons, and not one daughter?
    Agree about that.

Orphan, Katana, and Cheshire by Yancy Labat.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Orphan, Katana, and Cheshire by Yancy Labat.
    I think it's kind of weird that they keep giving Cass and Shiva swords. I mean, they're supposed to be hand-to-hand fighters.

Why would she even use a sword? She has the most reason to go non-lethal of anyone in the family.

Fellas, I can't tell you how good it is to see Cass back in that outfit. Goodbye and good riddance to that Orphan costume.

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    Fellas, I can't tell you how good it is to see Cass back in that outfit. Goodbye and good riddance to that Orphan costume.
    Cass finally looks like Cass again .